You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Propane Trip

Real Ghost Stories

Propane Trip

 

My story is a very simple one but when I look back and think about it gets a bit more freaky than what I remember happening.

I live in Tijuana Mexico, I have a friend called Hugo who was, at that time, living in a small apartment in the second floor of a suburban household.

They had build a second level to a one floor house, and they actually made a separate entrance to the second level outside of the house, meaning they did not connect inside at all.

To get to the second level was already kind of eerie, because to the left hand side of the house, when you stood in front of it, there was a small hallway that you needed to go through, once you walked in you where between to walls one from the house where my buddy lived and the second one from the neighbor's hose, and the walls to the left hand side had like vines draping down the wall like curtains. Once you walked a few meters you had to turn right since the path ended, and once you turned right you walked a few more meters then turn left and that's when you faced the door to get to the second level.

Now one day my friend asked me for a favor he needed some propane for his apartment to have hot water for his showers, and he had a small tank to fill, he asked me to give him a lift to fill up the tank. We went filled the tank and before we headed back he told me that he was still on his work hours, so he told me to leave him at his work and that if I could do him the favor of taking the small tank back to his apartment.

So we did that, I took him to his work, and I drove back to his apartment. Now this was night time already and the hallway that I described looked even more spooky in the evening because there was no light to lit the hallway, so I'm going down the path turn right the left and I'm faced with the door and I open and walk in.

Once I'm in, the stair case is to my left, and the stair case banked to the left and then went straight up and then it turned to the right (I know what your thinking, who build this house?! Lol) and it was a straight shot to the second level.

Well I follow the stair case to the top and there is no one there, and it is pitch black, but then my eyes start to kind of adjust to the dark and I see a big space in front of me, like where a living room would be and in this level there are actually 2 rooms or apartments, my friends apartment was down a hall that you got there by crossing the living room space, and from where I stood I could see the hall way and also the entrance to the bath room. Now while my eyes adjust a bit, I'm slapping the wall to my left, because that's where the light switch is, but I couldn't hit the light switch, and once I glanced to the bathroom opening, suddenly I felt a very heavy vibe, and since I couldn't find the light switch I decided to put down the propane tank to my right hand side where it did not block the stair case and I thought, "eeeehhh I think he'll find the tank right here" then I turn and and start walking down the stairs, and suddenly I hear 2 steps behind me, and I kind of froze and felt all tingly all over, and then I step down again and again TOON TOON, 2 steps more behind me.

After that I, well I kind of floated right out of there just so wouldn't hear more steps hahaha, and I was out of there like a bat out of hell. Once I was out I see the woman who rents the apartment to my friend and I ask her, "pardon me but by any chance have you had complaint about weird noises upstairs or well ghost stuff" and she answers, " Oh that, yes the thing is that my aunt died up there and my uncle killed himself".

Then I kind of turned transparent white, and talked to my friend about it and he has had his experience too hearing the toilet sit getting lifted and dropped, and shadows walking by, and it was an interesting experience thankfully the ghost did not push me down the stairs.

Other hauntings by Angel87

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angel87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angel87 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hecate

No, my friend moved to the house on my other story, and I'm guessing it was an intelligent haunting, because my friend told me that he would hear the toilet seat smashing up and down, and also sometimes the door knocking. But who knows if they helped the spirit.

Although they told me that the ghost or spirit that was lingering is most likely the uncle, because the aunt died of natural causes, but the uncle committed suicide.

Which would unnerve anyone.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
Angel87, I wonder if anyone has tried to help them, if it is the spirits of the owners' departed family members. It is hard to know, based on what you describe, whether it is a residual haunting or an intelligent one. Sometimes traumatic events get played out over and over, this being the residual type. Intelligent hauntings are when the ghosts interact with the environment/living. Does your friend still live there?

Hecate
Angel87 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
samtillie

Yeah it is very sad case for the family that lives there, and I think it wasn't traumatic because it wasn't a visual experience, but in the moment it definitely freaked me out haha.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-13)
Nice story, glad you weren't affected too much about it. Very sad the circumstances surrounding the house.

Ghosts/spirits can be present in any kind of building, just because its a new build it doesn't mean it can't have a presence.
Angel87 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
abbykay_luv, yeah the house was built like 10 years before the incident I had, and the second level like 8 years before, so It was already some time that the house was built, and the deaths I think where like 5 years before my auditive encounter.

I remember because the woman's older daughter was like 17 years old at the time, and she met her mothers uncles before they died.

But the area that I lived in had a lot of paranormal rumors, mainly because before it was a residential area, it was full of farms and open spaces and a lot of the gangsters way back in the day, had there body dumping ground, so there are a lot of rumors and stories there.

Thanks for taking time to read my story cheers:D
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-09)
Nice story. I was wondering, what's a ghost doing in a newly built building? And errrrrm... Is the 'ground floor' haunted? Or the area? Just some things that baffles me. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: