You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Benji - Our Last Sleep Over

Real Ghost Stories

Benji - Our Last Sleep Over

 

I am a total none believer, even after what happened to me. I was only young at the time I was about 9-10 years old not really sure. My auntie had a dog called Benji, he was very old very old he had been in the family well before I was even thought of, he had a few ailments and was often at the vets but was so friendly and a real happy dog. Whenever I visited my aunties house everyone use to say it was like he was a puppy again he had a new lease of life he would play with me for hours in the back garden running round like a mad dog, and he always looked after me, another dog got into the back garden one day and started acting really aggressive towards me growling and showing his teeth. Benji saw him off. My auntie sometimes worked away so Benji often stayed at my house and always slept at the side of my bed whether my parents liked it or not.

When I go to bed I always asked my mam to leave my bedroom door open, I hated my bedroom door shut made me nervous. Every morning when my parents got up they would leave the landing light on so I would know if they were up or not for me to come down stairs for breakfast. One morning the phone rang, it was really early, it was summer and it was still dark outside. I could hear my mam talking although it was more of a mumble as she was down stairs. The first thing that came into my head was that there is something wrong with my Benji.

I half sat up on my elbows and seen Benji walk from my bedroom door, the sound of his claws clicking on the carpet and lay at the side of my bed, so I lay back down to sleep knowing all was well. Few minutes later I heard my mam shout up the stairs asking if I was awake, I didn't reply as I knew Benji would get a fright, he was old and loud noises scared him, and I didn't want to disturb him. Plus it was still dark out and the landing light was not on. I went back to sleep.

I woke up to a knock on my bedroom door, my mam asked If I was getting, up she needed to talk to me, I said no I don't want to stand on Benji. She looked at me very puzzled. She walked from my bedroom door over to my bed, I sat up so fast to make sure she didn't step on him. But he wasn't there.

My mam told me that in the early hours Benji passed away in his sleep. My heart sunk I was so upset but so confused as he was in my room a few hours ago. I explained to my mam what I seen; she just cuddled me and said I must have been dreaming.

Thinking back 15 years ago when this happened I don't actually remember seeing Benji in full form (if you know what I mean) I just remember seeing and outline and his face and hearing his claws on the carpet. I know that I did see Benji, he was there, we had one last sleepover, and that was his way of saying good bye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Xx_Lauren_xX, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
Arghhh I hate stories like this. It makes me cry! 😭
This is really touching as I, too, have a very sweet (but kind of naughty) dog. Thank you for sharing!
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Aww, this is so sad but so lovely at the same time. Your bond between each other is a testament of how may ch you cared for each other. He sounded very protective over you. Have you ever seen him again?
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Lauren, I am sorry that you have lost such a dear friend. It sure sounds like Benji came right back to be near you, what made him feel the most comfortable during his transition. Being near you probably helped make his passing easier. That is a very special bond. Thanks for sharing.

Hecate
Bushkin87 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Amazing and touchiing story, Lauren.
Thanks for sharing, he must of really loved you!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hi Lauren,

This was a very beautiful and moving experience you had, thanks for sharing it with us.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Wow... Lauren such a heart touching story... Loved to read this... Thanks for sharing 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: