You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Imaginary Friend Who Hung From The Ceiling

Real Ghost Stories

My Imaginary Friend Who Hung From The Ceiling

 

So when I was 21 and engaged, I brought my fiance to my family dinner where I expected to be made fun of with silly childhood stories. BUT THEN... My mom asks me, "do you remember Kay Kay (or kk) who hung from the ceiling or chandelier and drank Pocher/Pocker (sp?) wine?" And I, having ZERO idea what the hell she was talking about, said "Ok mom very funny" but then my Uncle Terry (RIP) chimed in and confirmed this. He said I was about 2 years to 4 years old and eventually told "him" to go away. I have absolutely no recollection of this.

I lived in that house until age 17 and I always felt like something was right behind me in the hallway to the point where I would have to run and then jump into my bed for fear something would grab me. However, the addition to the house my grandparents made, it seems that this "thing", an imp I think, could not enter, only peek its head around the corner and EVERYONE saw it time to time.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of this "wine". The house was haunted by an imp and my whole family would see it out of the corner of the eye, a small black little thing with spikey hair?

When my Nana and Papa bought the house, in my Uncle Terry's room there was a secret hatch to the crawlspace and inside they found some wooden totem type doll in a black sealed box. My Nana freaked out and made them toss it out but the story goes it kept coming back.

I looked up the history of the neighborhood and it is built over, of course, an ancient Indian burial ground. Needless to say my entire family has been plagued with horrific luck and catastrophes.

If ANYONE knows about this weird "friend" and not having ANY memory of it whatsoever I would really appreciate your feedback.

Other hauntings by Annalee420

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annalee420, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Bibliothecarius,

That word wouldn't happen to begin with an S would it? LoL...

😉

Respectfully,

Rook
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
I want a t-shirt, Biblio. I love learning new words. Thank you. I thought I knew all the -philes, 😆 Bibliophile being my favorite. Thank you!

Hecate 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Greetings, Annalee.

"Pulcher" is a tiny village in the northern-most tip of Austria.
It is also a last name, and the name of a now-defunct model-car manufacturing company in Italy.

I'd guess that you're looking for a Vintner, a Vineyard, or a Winery in California either owned or operated by an immigrant family. Check red wines for an Italian family, white wines for an Austrian/German family.
I hope you check Sonoma Valley first, as they don't get that weird, chalky aftertaste that Napa Valley wines all seem to have.

Hecate's not the only oenophile on here, and I know the highfalutin' word for "Wino." 😉

Best,
-Biblio & a glass of Kendall-Jackson's Pinot Noir...
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-19)
Pucher wine, perhaps? It's pronounced more like "poo-ker" but I wouldn't be surprised if some people say "puh-ker". As for the rest, I have no clue, but I figured at least I could try to help resolve a minor detail.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Hey Thanks tweed and Gayatri for pointing to link... This is really amazing... I didn't know anything about this...
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Tweed, I think you are an imp! 😆

Just for you:

Imps to run;
Imps to play;
Imps around me
All darn day!

Big smiles, ZG
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Gee, Zulagirl way to go hitting the panic button. Nothing bad ever came of it. I used to be petrified of my guardian. It's just a wino imp. 😕
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
I like that Hecate0 brought up 'The Last Unicorn' because that movie makes the point (in a roundabout way) that the language of spirit is often the language of symbolism.

Without having been there, it is hard to say whether it was an imp. But spirits will often appear not as what they are (or were) but as an archetypal (symbolic) representation of what they are (or what they want).

Your imp could very well have been a sucubus of some variety (lesser demon, a conjuring, or a ghost so old that it was forgotten as a ghost, but instead became a parasite) or as Gayatrishiva said, 'a small, short devil.'.

Whatever it was, the most important thing to know about it is that it was a nuisance and that it made you feel afraid.

Also, it probably was not wine so much as a representation of blood (blood is thicker than wine:-). Pocher means 'to poach' (or to hunt illegally). You, your family, and probably any other living person who inhabited that place were the victims of this unnatural, unannounced hunt. Blood is elemental as life force (or energy) and that is what this thing was hunting (poaching, stealing). At least, those are my thoughts.

I bet this thing had been around for a long time. Tell me, did you have cats? If so, how did they react?
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hi sheet al see the link given by Tweed. Imp is usually a creature kind of short one...it's kind of indian version of kutti satan (small short devil)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
hey Annalee... What does this line means? ''The house was haunted by an imp...'' Please do clear my doubt...
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Just a question for clarity on this. So "he" was your imaginary friend who hung from the chandalier and drank the wine? Is this the same as the imp or different? If it was only your imaginary friend, how did anyone know about the wine? Just wanted some clarity, thanks.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
This is kind of cool:
Https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imp
There's a bit about some fictional stories involving imps being connected to bottles. Looks like fictional skeletons are not the only ones!

Yeah they knew about the imp way before I saw it. At that time I knew about it but had never seen it. My remark to him about having an imp was just me being silly. 😆 They're up on the importance of shielding and keep themselves and their home protected. They like the imp, he was just joking around when he pretended to throw something at it haha
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Annalee, I agree with Tweed (as usual) that the wine is interesting, too. I do not know much about imps. But in general, ghosts stay because they are strongly attached to something, whatever that something may be. Being a wine aficionado (the long term for wino), I can imagine wine being part of someone's link with life. The old animated movie, "The Last Unicorn" had a skeleton that would reach out with this longing voice to anyone that walked by saying, "give me the wine". My son has always teased me that this would be me. Hope there is some kind of interesting connection.

Okay, Tweed, that kind of comfort with something so out of the ordinary really speaks to your openness. Clearly your friend knew of his imp. My son and I attract things which is why we have a general protection bubble, regularly maintained, around our house.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hecate, I think it was about 4 in the afternoon. My mate was doing yard work out the front and I think the imp was watching. It was really not that surprising, which might sound odd. They're those kinds of people who attract entities of all sorts. As I greeted him I said, in humourous dead pan: "You have an imp" and pointed to the roof. He pretended to throw something at it, but he didn't really. It either vanished or ran I couldn't tell. It was quite an odd little creature!

Annalee,

I just thought maybe you could try investigating European folklore with imps. In particular wherever this wine originates from. There might be a connection to the imp's origin.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Annalee, it sounds like you do not live there anymore. Does this mean no more experiences with the imp? Any other odd things? The imp could have been attached to the house, or t the energy of a person in the house. So, I was wondering if it followed anyone. Just wondering.

Tweed, it must have been very startling to see that on the roof. What time of day was it?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Annalee - there are many stories on our site where people have experienced an imp-like creature. Just Google imp in our search bar at the top right of your page and you'll see the links for the stories. Maybe one of them is close to your experience.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-14)
Hi Annalee,

No idea about the wine was never a big drinker to the point I just stopped drinking all together lol. I ran a search on the wine and found this:
Http://www.vivino.com/wineries/pocher-144111/wines/rheinriesling-classic-9999
and
Http://www.vivino.com/wineries/pocher-144111

Both from the same website. I can't find any history to this make though, and could only find it listed on this website. The names of the different varieties of wine relating to Pocher look German to me, but I'm not sure.

Some friends of mine, a couple, have an imp in their home and it never does anything bad. The same kind of stuff that you describe. Most people who frequent their home end up seeing it. I saw it on their roof when arriving at their place one day, that's my one and only encounter with it. Interestingly they're from California, like you, so now I'm wondering if imps are kind of common there. Who knows.
Maybe the doll thing was connected to the imp. I really don't know much about imps. But I have had something 'returned' to me over my life. A pack of tarot cards, would you believe, how cliche is that! It's very odd but it doesn't freak me out, I haven't looked into why. But I'm sure there's a reason for the doll returning, if those family stories are accurate.

Hope you can find more out about that wine. Also, just a thought about not remembering Kay Kay, do you or have you ever dreamed about such an entity in adulthood? Perhaps this would be a distant memory resurfacing.

Thanks for sharing I had a bit of a giggle at your description of the imp sticking its head out!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: