You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Man I Saw In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Man I Saw In My Bedroom

 

A lot of people may not believe in ghosts, spirits, demons, ect. But I do. I have a lot of experience with them but, not only me, a cousin of mine has been there too. We've experienced them together a lot when were were kids.

These have happened around the years of 2008 and 2011, haven't really experienced any since then. But the one I'm going to be telling you is kind of creepy. It was late one night, I'm not really sure what time it was, but we were laying in bed, me, my cousin Mary and my sister. Me and Mary had awoken from a noise that caught our attention, by the way this only happened to me and her, we were the youngest.

My sister was still asleep next to us. It was hard for us to sleep anyway considering we were in a twin size bed. We looked over at the door and it happened to be open. We saw a man that was about 6'2, really tall, standing in the door way. My dad and his girlfriend were asleep so, I knew it couldn't have been them. Couldn't see his face but he was wearing a black hat, long black coat and black boots. He stood there just tapping his foot watching us sleep. I'm not really sure who he was. We had never seen this thing ever before. In our hometown, his name is George, as my Mamaw always said because she saw him too a couple of times. It really scared me. And I have not seen him since then. I still live here at the same place it happened, just not in the same house. I've been researching a lot about him and maybe I can find out a little more about "George".

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed my experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Renaee97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Renaee97 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Thank you so muc isandhu. It may have been a shadow person. I'm going to go to the link on your page and try to find a litte more about shadow people.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
Sounds like a shadow person encounter to me. There's a lot of information about shadow people if you search online. I have never been able to decide what they are or what they mean... Ghosts? Beings from another dimension? Evil spirits? I've never heard of them being harmful and I don't think most witnesses even find them particularly threatening. They're often very fleeting and only seen in peripheral vision. I had a shadow person encounter and if you're interested, I think you can find the link if you click my name and go to my profile.
Renaee97 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Thank you guys for your comments. I'm not really sure if it was something to do with paranormal or anything like that or if it was actually someone there. I did not see him vanish or anything like that. I was just scared to death and went back to bed.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Renaee97, Welcome to YGS. I have recently been reading a lot about home intruders, and it is conceivable that there was an actual person there watching you. One question I have is did he disappear or vanish? Did you physically see him leave? Your mamaw seeing him too add credibility that it could be something paranormal happening there. Most of the firm believers are believers because they are also skeptical and try to rule everything out before assuming something paranormal happened. It lends credibility to the case if there is something else significant that happened that in your mind rings paranormal. Well, thank you for sharing and I look forward to reading more of your encounters.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Hi Renaee, and welcome!

I wonder why he was tapping his foot. Maybe he was waiting for everyone to get out of bed so he could use the room for some reason, don't know. Waiting by the door tapping a foot seems like someone who was waiting to enter.
For some reason I have a recollection of the name George being associated with a town haunting. But I don't know where I heard this, maybe I read about it on here lol. You could try the search bar at the top of this site, and also search stories by location. You may find other stories about George from your area.

Thanks for sharing, like Hecate, I hope you continue to share more of your encounters.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
Sorry, I didn't proof read. I really want to know how you both felt.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
I was just hoping you had talked about it and thought about it. What did you bout think?
Hecate 😊
Renaee97 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
I'm not sure what you mean by conclude. This is my first story and its something that I remembered and raked up. I plan to share more encounters in my stories. Thank you.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Renaee97, What do you and your cousin both conclude? You discussed this after.

I imagine we will read more stories if you choose to share more of your encounters? Thanks for sharing!

Hecate
Renaee97 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Hello. You're welcome and, no there wasn't any light in the room at the time. Everything was dark. I could hear the noises and see the shape and enough shape to see what this person was wearing.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-15)
Hi Renaee97! Welcome to YGS! Often, we try to find possible physical reasons for what you saw before attributing things to paranormal causes. Could there have been car headlights from outside reflecting off something? Or a light in the hall, since the door was open? Is there anything on the walls nearby shaped anything like that? After these are 'no' answers... Perhaps, well, it was fleeting right? But at least two of you saw it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Best to you,
Hecate 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: