You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts In My Grandpa's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts In My Grandpa's House

 

When I was about 17 or so I was living at my grandpa's house. My cousin and I were in my room hanging out and watching TV. I got hungry so I started walking to the kitchen. It was so dark you could barely see your hand in front of your face.

I got to the edge of the kitchen, reached over to turn on the light and when I did that I looked up and saw a black mass in front of me, like three or four feet away. Everything in the kitchen was either white or a light color, so you could see everything except the kitchen table. This thing was standing in front of the big white freezer so I could see it plain as day. I was frozen in fear what seemed like forever, but in reality, was only probably a few seconds. Once I realized that it started to get closer to me, I snapped out of it. When I turned on the light it was gone.

I ran back to my room and my cousin was like "the heck is wrong with you?" I told him what happened, but he didn't believe me. I was pretty shaken up about the whole experience because it was the first time I've ever seen a ghost. Before my experience, I didn't believe in ghosts at all, but after what happened, it made me a believer.

My grandpa was diagnosed with dementia, so he had to move in with my sister so she could take care of him. Well, my other cousin (let's just call him George) and his family moved into the house. About 6 or so months after they moved in, my cousin's wife got woken up one night because she heard a man laugh really loud in the living room or kitchen area, which freaked her out pretty bad.

Awhile after she had that experience they were sitting down in the living room watching TV one night and her and my cousin both saw a black figure go from the bathroom to their son's room. They then told me that this thing looked like it was poking its head out of the room to look at them.

I almost forgot, my first experience in my grandpa's house happened like 6-12 month after my grandma passed away.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crashhat69, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crashhat69 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
[at] Hecate0, sorry about the confusion, but my particular experience wasn't car headlight or anything because if it was I wouldn't have been terrified like I was. As for my cousin and wife's experience, I wouldn't know since I wasn't there when it happened. My experience happened 10yrs ago so I can't really remember if I felt threatened or anything, just terrified.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Crashhat69, your chronology is confusing me a bit. But, if you guys have investigated possible shadows, car headlights and such, the usual possible physical explanations, it does sound like something is there. Do you ever feel threatened by this, or just startled? Many people coexist very comfortably with ghosts. Just some thoughts.

Thanks for sharing. Best to you.
Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: