You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Lizzy's Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Lizzy's Friend

 

First, let me begin this story by telling you that until these events, I was a complete skeptic. Other than God, if I couldn't see, I didn't believe. I do now! It was 1992 and the end of Desert Storm. My husband is in the military and at the time was still in Kuwait. So being lonely, I took our two and a half year-old daughter, Elizabeth (Lizzy), and moved back home with my family. My mom, younger sister and brother lived in an older, yet well established part of our home town. I thought it was the perfect place to wait for my husband, that was until my daughter made a new friend.

One evening my mom and I were in the kitchen preparing dinner, and my daughter was playing at the table. For some reason I turned to look at her and she was just staring down the short hall to an open door at the end. This was my sister, Lisa's room. Lizzy was shaking like a leaf and she was literally white as a ghost. Then she just started crying. My first thought was she had some kind of seizure or something. Then as she sat in my lap, she kept pointing down the hall, crying and saying "Tell her to leave, I no like her". My mom and I looked at her and each other kind of dumb-founded. We knew she could not be talking about my sister, she loved her aunt "sisa". This went on for about 15 minutes until my mom and I promised Lizzy we would make "her" leave.

After settling Lizzy down with my brother, Lance, in the living room, we began our search for what could have been the reason for her apparent fright. We found nothing or nobody.

We had more or less forgotten the incident, until about a month had went by. Once again my mom and I were in the kitchen and this time Lizzy was in the living room playing. Alone. Or so we thought.

I heard her carrying on a one-sided conversation, yet it sounded as if she was talking to someone. I went around the corner, just to peek in to see if things were o.k. She was sitting on the couch with her head turned to the left talking as if someone was sitting next to her. I asked who she was talking to, her reply was "The girl from Sisa's (Lisa's) room". I went completely cold. I went in, picked her up and quickly went back into the kitchen.

This was not the end. This continued for about 6 months. She would have conversations and play with "The girl from Sisa's room". My mom tried to convince me it was just an imaginary friend, common for only children, but I had my doubts. Then one day it just stopped and she never mentioned her again.

My husband came back and we went home. Things were finally back to normal... Lizzy never mentioned the "girl" again, but she came back. I will leave that for another time and another child.

Other hauntings by ozone_baby

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ozone_baby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
Hmmm a lot of people have said some of these things have happened with their children. I wonder whether or not children are more prone to things like this 😕. 😁 ❤ Melonlover
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
Ozone_baby: Help! I need you! Please e-mail me if the offer for help still stands!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
What I see as interesting is not so much in the story, but in the comments too. Your son also saw this girl, but years later. (Was he initially scared also?) After you moved out of that house. I'm wondering if there is a reason that children stop seeing if their parents are not the type that tell them it is their imagination. My son has two "friends" Belle and Justin. He's four, but told me that Justin does not look as he did when he first met him. Is it possible that spirits, ghosts, whatever you want to call them can change their appearance to communicate with someone on this side? Your story just sounds a lot like ours, you have me asking more questions. Guess that's why most people call these experiences unexplained. Thanks for such a great story! 😊
gcelrobert (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
I had a same thing. My son Ken,2, talks to an imaginary friend. He calls him "Bedang".Weird name. Nobody in our household had same sounding name. He can even describe his friend. I just thought he's making this all up. But what's freaky is that he sees unseen creatures. I think he has a third eye. One time, he asked me how this lady he's seeing is able to float in thin air? He even waved goodbye to her. 😕
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Bellissima,
I'm not sure why she was originally scared, maybe because it was something differant? Her conversations seemed friendly, and she has not spoken to the "girl" since she was almost 3 and she is now 17, and she does not even remember this.
I will post about my son as soon as the post opens again.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi, ozone_baby! I wonder why your daughter was originally afraid of the girl? Did she ever elaborate on what it was that frightened her like that? When she has conversations with her 'friend', are they friendly ones? Since you mention that your son has a 'friend' too, does your daughter still talk to hers? You've got my interest now, so I hope you won't make us wait too long for the rest of your story!
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
i remember much more dramatic ghost sightings as the years go back, I have only seen a person who wasn't really there once, and I was too scared to let him know of my existence
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Isn't it amazing how many parents, grand parents, etc will say the children have 'imaginary' friends? I wonder how many 'imaginary' friends weren't really imaginary at all.

God Bless!
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Jannes,
My family moved to that house when I was about 6 years old. So I did live there most of my life and my sister and brother were born when we lived there. If any of us saw things as a child, my Mom of Dad would never bring it up because they don't believe in such "nonsence".
Although, and this is what bothers me, I don't think it is connected to the house, but to my children. Since my son also did the same thing at the same age to the same (I think) "girl" in a differant house and 3 years later! I will post the whole story later
Ozone ❤
Jannes (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Hi,
I have a question about your family's house - is it fairly new to them or is it where you or any other family was raised? Just wondering if your children were the first of that age (and hence open-mindedness) that you know of to have been there and noticed things. It amazes me too how kids (and animals) can sense so much before becoming old and cynical, but also that it affects some more than others. So on that line I have another question - does anyone know if some people naturally are more open from birth to sense things or is it that some people just don't lose the ability as they age?
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
I agree with Shane. Kids are so inocent and to think that when they tell us about things they see we say they are making it up or it is all in their imagination. Something very similar happens to my daughter. She is four and she loves to sit and talk what I think is to her imaginary friend but at times it seems to be someone else.
ozone_baby (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
Annie and Shane,
Thanks for your comments, I would have boughten into the "imaginary friend" as my mom suggested, but it was just to real or differant. I can't really explain it. Then a few years later, our son began talking to a "girl" I will post about this when posts open back up.
Needless to say it is all to much to be considered coincidence to me.
Ozone ❤
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Wow. How did I miss this one? Was it just posted? My children have had conversations with unseen people since my son (who's turning 18 on Thursday!) was 2. My daughter has had conversations with unseen people since she could talk. I just take it with a grain of salt. I seriously don't think it's anything to worry about as long as they're not afraid. And, it seems like your daughter got over her fright quite quickly. Thanks for the great story! I'm glad I'm not the only one whose child speaks to unseen visitors!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-29)
Interesting story ozone_baby, small children do see and hear those on the other side much easier than we adults. Their little minds haven't been polluted by the judgements of society as to what is or is not real. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: