You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Number 19

Real Ghost Stories

Number 19

 

I was only 8 years old when my family and I had moved into lot number 19. We had lived in the small town of Woodland Park, Colorado, a true beauty at first glance.

It was not until one night that we had discovered the true evil that lay behind the beauty of the towering mountains and swaying pines. We had moved into lot number 19 of the Coach-light Motel and RV Park, which was not the greatest decision we had ever made in our lives, but it was a place to live.

I was 8 years old and had two older sisters whom I had shared the same room with. The first few nights strange things would happen. On one particular night a music box on top of our old TV had went off by itself. Then the unforgettable began to unfold.

One evening my sisters and I were settling in to go to sleep and that's when we saw it. A tall 6 foot shadow had passed between our beds (our beds were placed on each corner of the room).

In regards to my own personal experience I had received a terrifying nightmare that felt completely real. In this dream I had woke up in the middle of the night. I felt a cold sensation around my ankles and looked down to see the hands of a corpse grabbing onto my ankles. To this day I am still unable to distinct this as a dream. In another personal experience that I believe was not a dream I had clearly seen two piercing white eyes and a white face looking at me.

I did some research after moving out and had found out that a man named Larry James Harper had shot himself in the lot above. He was apart of The Texas 7, a group of prisoners whom had escaped a maximum security prison. What is interesting about this is that the father of my sister's friend had a conversation with one of the men (I have no information on what the conversation was about).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BurningSnowflakes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BurningSnowflakes (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
I'm happy that you all liked reading my experience and I am glad that I shared it with you. The dream with the dead hands still scares me to this day. My mind is stuck in such a huge debate as to whether or not it was a dream. It was the biggest event for me, other than the face and it is what inspired my curiosity and lead me to believe in the paranormal.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
BurningSnowflakes,
That is a very creepy story. Even if was just a dream I would do the cartoonish run and slammed into a wall or door and knocked myself out cold. The same thing with the pale face and eyes.
I never saw a shadow person. But for several years I would think I saw one or other of my two sons through nearly closed blinds. When they didn't come into the house to see why and nobody was there. I would always say to the spirit or whatever it was you can't come in you're not welcome here. I would do the same thing if I heard tapping on my door in the middle of the night.
Regards
Red
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-18)
BurningSnowflakes... That's a creepiest story specially that corpse pulling your leg 😨 😨 😨
BurningSnowflakes (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Hello,
YLissaBearrY I want you to know that I am deeply sorry for my late response. I was out running multiple errands. I live FAR away from the city it takes me about 1 hour and 30 minutes to drive down there and back. Anyway, when we saw the shadow it was eight o clock (the time we usually got ready to go to sleep). As you may know there are still some traces of daylight and our curtains were thin and blue. When we saw the shadow it walked from our bedroom door to our adjoining bathroom that connected to the bedroom. Our bathroom was the dead end of the house and was pretty small for an average bathroom. There was one window that lit up the room well enough for us to distinct the shadow in its surroundings. When we saw it walk through the room it was pitch black and only the figure was clearly noticeable. My bed was on one side of the bathroom's outer doorway while my sister's on the other. My third sister was across from the bathroom doorway (our headboards were lined up with the corners of the room). All of us had seen the shadow, but each from a different perspective. I had seen the side of the shadow.

As for the dream, (I still do not know if it is real, I simply call it a dream because people who hear my story for the first time may think I am crazy) I felt really cold hands gripping my ankles and nearly froze in terror. I had at first thought it was one of my sisters pranking me (putting a kitty tattoo on my ankle with their OWN spit) (true story, but happened before my experience, not relevant, sorry) In my stuttering voice I nervously called out: Mandy! Is that you? I got no response and could not move. I tried kicking my feet, but these hand things would not let go. I remember screaming and a few minutes later my sister had woken up and turned the lights on. As soon as my sister had turned the lights on I trembled out of bed in tears with a look of terror on my face. My other sister had also just woke up angrily. My oldest sister believes me, but no one else does.
Finally, I did not see a full head I just saw the face. The edges of the face looked faded into the darkness, but somehow blended. I remember freezing in terror and closing my eyes. As soon as I had opened my eyes the face was gone. Also, I have a tendency to lock up when I am afraid.
Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope that you have a good night
-BurningSnowflakes
YLissaBearrY (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Ugh. Why can music boxes be so creepy.? Loll...That's precisely why I don't have mine anymore... 😐

But, on a side note, it seems that seeing tall, shadowy figures are kind of common (not for everyone of course). Was this figure wearing anything that you could notice.? Either way, with or without clothing; I'd still be scared. 😆

That really is creepy about possibly being touched by a "corpse" or whatever though. Dream or not, I'd be terrified. Especially if my feet are being touched...Like, this one time I had a dream where I was walking in, I don't know... A lake of blood or something (though the blood only went up to below my ankles; so I guess you could say it was a "puddle" of blood, but it went more further out than a lake), but I don't know why... It was sort of freaky. Then after a while of walking in it, I woke up to my dog licking my feet... 😕 Not trying to say what grabbed you happened in a dream, but... It just seems too scary for it to have been a corpse. Unless, did you also smell something bad while that happened.?

But I do believe that this white face with white eyes you saw possibly didn't happen in a dream. Though, was it just a face you saw or did you see the rest of the figure, like the body.? That would be really weird if it was just a floating head.

Either way, I enjoyed reading your story. I hope there will be more to read from you. Thanks for sharing.

Lissa
BurningSnowflakes (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Tweed,
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on one of my stories. I appreciate the positive feedback and enjoy reading your informational response. I was very reluctant to share my story with anyone because they would most likely not believe me. Your ghost stories is a wonderful community full of intelligent people such as yourself who do believe in the paranormal.
Thanks again
-BurningSnowflakes
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-17)
Hi Snowflakes,

Thanks for clearing up the comment option blunder, it happens from time to time, no big deal.

Given the location was not a nice neighbourhood (just going by how it sounded in your narrative) I'd assume most, if not all, of what you experienced were entities which were drawn to the energy in this environment. Or more specifically the not so nice history of the place. Perhaps these weren't the actual ghosts of the people who lived there, but merely other entities who were drawn there.
Okay, maybe the corpse hand was some wacko human ghost trying to scare you! But the glowing eyes in particular sound somewhat inhuman to me.

Thanks for sharing.
BurningSnowflakes (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-16)
If any questions should arise, I have chosen to participate in the discussion despite the expectation above. I hope that we can all respect each other in the comments.
Thank you for reading:)
-BurningSnowflakes

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: