You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Moment Of Comfort

Real Ghost Stories

A Moment Of Comfort

 

I miss my grandma every day. I spent as much time with her as I could. Even as an adult I would drive over an hour to visit her at least once a week, sometimes more.

The day I dreaded came. She was dying. I sat by her for a few days. It was physically and emotionally draining and painful to watch her suffer. And I dreaded the moment she was gone. I decided to take a little bit of a break. That is when she passed.

I stumbled about over the following days. I expressed little emotion. A tear now and again. One day I was on my way to the gym. My gym bag dumped out by the door and I lost it. I sobbed and sobbed. My partner came to the door and said, "I thought you were acting a bit too tough." The flood gates opened and I became very emotional for some time. I made a special scrapbook to bring to her memorial. I eventually started to adjust and accept.

One day I was having a fairly pleasant day. I was chatting and singing to myself, putting away dishes. She wasn't really on my mind and I felt peace. Out of nowhere I felt her there. The room was filled with how she felt, how she smelled and love. So much love and warmth. It made me stop in my tracks and just be in the moment. Then just as suddenly she left. I felt such joy then, such love, deep comfort. It was like she was so happy I was happy and moving on.

I still think of her often and send out a heart felt "I miss you." But that moment, when she came back, is a wonder to me. I hope that in sharing this story others may also find some comfort.

Other hauntings by Blue_Daisy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blue_Daisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Oh jeez, unexpected tears. I'm glad she said goodbye in such a warm way. I miss my granny and wish I had visited her more in her end days. At least I can find comfort in knowing she is now in peace. Thank you for your story. ❤
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Blue Daisy - So sorry about your loss. I forgot to mention in my recent story about my father's passing that he also passed while I was away from his side. I think it must be easier to finish your business in peace, without an audience? Anyway, I feel my dad around sometimes and it is like he never left. I wanted you to find comfort in the fact that you were on a break when she actually passed.
Blue_Daisy (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
I am glad to share the comfort. My grandma died in 2004. I knew it would be that year. Another site, I suppose, but the short version at midnight of the new year 2004, I was about to write my goals. I heard a voice say, "This will be the year." And my grandmother's image flashed into my mind. Celebrations were over. I skipped the goals and went to bed. She died in June.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Blue Daisy, Welcome to YGS. We call it a "tissue warning" here, jokingly so. I needed one for your lovely story. I am so sorry you lost your grandmother. But her recognition of your progressing peacefulness was so reassuring. My dad has been gone for over 20 years and I still get little signs that he is around, mostly when I am having a hard time, or when family gets together. Thank you for sharing your touching story. 😊

Best to you,
Hecate
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-20)
Hi Blue_Daisy! Few days after death of my maternal grandmother, my mom and youngest brother felt her presence. The room in which they were sitting was filled with fragrance of lavender.

However, I haven't felt anything like that though.

It was really a comfort to read your experience.

My condolence to your grand mother. May her soul rest in peace.

Regards ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: