You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A Ghostly Reminder?

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly Reminder?

 

My roommate used to have a chocolate lab mix pitbull. It was one of the biggest, dumbest, fattest, loveable dogs I've ever seen or met.

My friend grew up with this dog, so you can imagine his anguish when the dog started randomly going into seizures and urinating all over the house and back yard.

Eventually my friend had to put the dog down. He drove all the way to the vet he used (hour away) and held his dog while they put it to sleep.

Then he drove another hour with his dead dog in his truck, to his grandfather's house, where he buried his beloved companion under the biggest tree on the property.

I felt terrible he had to do it in his own. He didn't tell anyone about it until it was all said and done. The dog may have been a furry idiot pooping all over the place, but he was loved by many people.

We've been living together for about two years, but I've been friends with him for about eight.

He keeps his dog's collar on a bookcase that is built into a wall, along with other mementos he has collected through the years.

I work 3rd shift, I came home one night and sitting in the middle of the living room floor, a room and a half away from where the collar was originally resting, is the dog's collar.

It creeped me out and I quickly put it back. When I saw my friend the next day, I asked him if he moved the collar, his response was a resounding "No".

Neither of us moved it or remember moving it and we don't have friends over to the house. In the few years I lived with him, the only people ever over were his parents.

I don't know how it got there, but it was a brief reminder of the dog that lived and touched so many hearts.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JiJey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ZulaGirl (50 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Does your friend ever sleep walk? Have any of the other mementos ever been moved?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-21)
Welcome to YGS.
This is such a bitter-sweet story, I think the dog moved his collar to let your friend know that he is still around looking after his two-legged family.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: