You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Entity Called Me Pet Names

Real Ghost Stories

Entity Called Me Pet Names

 

Over a span of twenty-two years, I've come to learn that living in a haunted space or simply being a sensitive person is a lot like sharing your home with a cluster of usually invisible cats. They're clingy, occasionally affectionate, a little snobby, mildly self-involved, and you're never sure if it was somehow your own fault or one of your darling felines that sent a box of sewing supplies toppling off the coffee table.

My fiancé's home is pretty prone to kitty-like behavior, and I'm not sure he's noticed. I haven't spoken to him about it for a few reasons.

1) Even though he believes in the paranormal, I'm not sure he believes it visits his home.

2) After discreet "testing," I originally came to the conclusion that what's going on is either a poltergeist that'll eventually go away or...

3) Because (outside of one instance) I don't naturally "feel" a gender, age, or general appearance (which I almost always can with good accuracy), I think that if it's a haunting, the spirit obviously doesn't want me to know much about it and probably doesn't want anyone getting too personal with it.

Normally, it waits until my fiancé (let's call him David) is asleep or absent to make itself obvious, but I've heard tapping on the window a few times when David and I are awake and together.

When David isn't around or is asleep beside me, the door will go from fully closed to open and back again. Posters and pictures will shake without the A/C or fan on. There will be louder and more frequent knocking. Once, while David was outside and we were there alone, the door came open and I had the vivid impression of a man entering the room but then the impression and feeling of someone entering was gone. The air was totally back to normal.

None of these things are at all alarming or frightening. I also spent a while trying to debunk them. Last week, though, it actually got interesting.

It was mid morning, and David and I had the house to ourselves. When I woke up, he wasn't in the bed with me, and I played on my phone for a while before going to the bathroom to brush my teeth and freshen up in general. I left the door cracked, and after a minute or so, I heard David open up the bedroom door and tell me, "Good morning, butt!" (Butt is a silly thing he calls me no one else knows about.) I yelled out that I was in the bathroom, and he hollered back, "What'd you say, babe?"

I walked out of the bathroom to see him, but he wasn't there. I wandered through the house for a few minutes to find him, but I couldn't. Finally, while I was standing in the kitchen, he came through the front door and said, "You're out of bed, I see." I hugged him and told him I'd been brushing my teeth when he came to tell me good morning, but he just looked at me funny and said he'd been outside for an hour. I asked if we'd had company or if he greeted anyone or spoke to anyone or if the neighbors were chatting, and he told me no.

If the spirit is talking to me, I think that's more interesting. I'm not sure why it did. I'm not sure why it sounded like David or why it called me his silly name for me or why it called me babe. I don't even know if this is something that was originally human or if it's good or bad. I would have posted sooner, but David and I have been out of town.

Advice or opinions?

Other hauntings by christabelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, christabelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
christabelle - a couple of thoughts are going through my mind. One of them starts with a question though. Does David greet you that way often? I mean the entire sentence, not just calling you butt.

This is more of a comparison than anything else. My kids and I have heard my voice talking. This isn't anything new, my daughter has heard me (yet not me) for almost 20 years, my son not quite as long. When I heard someone talking in my voice, I have to admit it startled me just a little. I didn't feel anything bad from it, just the "Wow! Now I know what the kids are talking about" feeling.

After sharing that experience with friends, a theory came up that maybe whoever it is chose my voice to use because it is familiar; therefore, trying not to be frightening. (Doesn't work in my daughter's case LOL)

Anyway, I have a thought but it depends upon your answer to my question to you.

Thanks for sharing this with us

😊
Madgurlee (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
in my opinion you might think its cute that this being is pretending to be your boyfriend but I would be wary, ghosts that mimic are not usually good news. Good luck with it all xx
christabelle (2 stories) (5 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Thank you, Tweed. You're right- I need to tell David. Being deceptive is wrong of me anyway, and it probably makes the situation worse. Also, I never considered how my expectation may have altered my impression of the voice. That's a good thought, and I bet you're right. I will definitely be telling David and taking steps to evacuate the entity. Thank you, Tweed.:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Hi Christa,

I really don't like the idea that you're keeping this from your partner. Not one bit. I urge you to be open with him about it. Regardless of the outcome.

Secondly calling you by your pet name in an intimate way is just freaking disturbing. Do start cleansing and shielding.

The expectation of it being your partner probably... Word I can't think of... Erugh annoying...lets go with muddled. Your expectation probably muddled your perception of what you heard. That is, if you could hear the voice again, you would probably recognise it as different from your partner's voice. But the expectation of it being him, was too vivid and overcome your perception in that moment.

Yeah, tell your partner what's going on. Deception, lying by omission, is never good. Bring this out in the open so it can't isolate you or your partner. Which could be what it's doing too.

Take care.
christabelle (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-28)
Haha, thank you, Hecate. I'm glad you read my story and enjoyed.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
christabelle, I love your description of living in a haunted space. 😆

I am never comfortable with ghosts imitating the living, especially deceiving us. This is not my area of expertise so I hope others chime in here with more insights. But I had to compliment you on your take of ghosts. Thanks for sharing.

Best!
Hecate

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: