You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Figure With Long Hair

Real Ghost Stories

The Figure With Long Hair

 

I live in Sweden in a small town with 20 000 people in it. The town is near Stockholm. It's a peaceful town, nothing barely happens there!

I have never seen a ghost, not that I'm aware of. I usually hear stuff and feel the the room "vibrate" when something comes into the room! But in this case I don't know what I witnessed! This event was special!

Let's begin with the story!

Let's begin with describing my hallway, when you walk into my apartment, to the right you will see my parents' bedroom and to the left you will see my bedroom! This story took place in my bedroom!

When you walk into my room, the first thing you will see is my window right in front of you (it's in the middle), next to it (right side) my bed, so when you peek up you face the window (by the way my bed is against the wall)

Anyway, one night I woke up feeling that I had just slept a few minutes. I looked to my window (I have a curtain where you drag it down from the top of the window) and I saw a figure with long hair halfway through my window (my window was still closed).

It was moving, trying to get in. Suddenly the figure freezes! It must have felt me staring at it. It turns its head slowly towards me. Now, we both looked at each other (remember that I just woke up, so I'm not fully aware of what's happening).

I looked at it for 20 seconds, when I realise what's going on! I jumped out of my bed, ran out from my room and stood there for minute, but I needed to know if someone tried to break into my apartment! So I walked slowly in to my room, I switched the lights on, but no one was there! That night I slept with the TV on!

Either I'm losing my mind or that was sleep paralysis, but I could move, so maybe I saw "something" real.

Oh and one more thing, my apartment is on the 3rd floor.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LightBringer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Interesting account Hecate0, I have heard of symptoms like sleep paralysis where people have seen things but can still move their body like being in a trance state then snap out of it. This normally occurs when waking up from being asleep or just about to fall asleep. Anyway your story just reminded me of these accounts, thanks for sharing.

Dan
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-16)
Lightbringer, please keep protecting yourself. Rook also has a cleansing method on his profile page, if we have not already directed you there. This helps protect your space. If you can feel the ball of energy I described between your hands, make it big to surround yourself and visualize it as an impermeable shield.

Best to you. Thanks for the update.
Hecate
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-16)
LightBringer,

Thank you for the update... Now a few questions about it...

What was the temp like the night you saw this?

Ummm middle of the night is kind of vauge, what TIME was it?

Most importantly, what local wildlife, other than a crow (e) might it have been.

I believe you saw something, just what needs to be determined and to do that EVERYTHING natural and normal needs to be ruled out first.

Again thanks for the update, let's take a breath and work together to figure out what you saw.

Respectfully,

Rook
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-16)
Hecate0, rookdygin, update! I was out on the balcony in the middle of the night about 2 weeks ago!
On the roof (which is flat) on the house infront of my balcony on the other side of the road, I saw a head peeking up, it was like it was crawling and peeked up and looked at me! At the moment I thought it was a crowe, but in that case the crowe had no head and was really fat for being a bird, it was really a head, and seconds later the "head" lowered itself down and disappeared
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
Miracles51031, Thanks for the info! I just thought it was weird that it has taken some days! I'm not used to it! But now I know! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
LightBringer - I will answer for Hecate and Rook because I am a mod and an editor. Getting a story published in a day or two after submitting it is not normally how it happens. Sometimes a story takes days, or even longer, to be seen by an editor. Other times, if you are really lucky, it only takes one or two. It all depends upon how many stories are in queue and what it going on in our (mods/editors) personal lives. We have jobs and families that take precedence over the site. So we get to them in our spare time.

The site has also been revamped, so it was down for awhile. We couldn't do any editing if we had wanted to. There were times when we would be swamped with stories and it could take weeks before a story was edited.

You may or may not receive an email if your story gets published. I've seen comments from our members who said they didn't know there story had been published; they just happened to see it on here. If your story doesn't meet our guidelines, you will receive an email notifying you it has been returned and why.
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
Hecate0, alright! Thanks! I have heard about kundalini before!

By the way, Hecate0, rookdygin, I have sent 2 stories to the one in charge for publishing stories, and as always they tell you to hold on, which is not weird, but I have waited for answers if they do get published or not... For 4-5 days now! I know it can take somedays, but I just find it weird!
My first story took a couple of hours and my second story (did not get published because the person the things happened to was not a part of my family) took also a couple of hours to get an answer. Do you know anything about that? 😕
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
rookdygin, thanks, really helpful, I will do this! Sounds hard but I will do it anyway!
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Lightbringer, google the word "kundalini". I have a book called "Kundalini Rising: Exploring the Energy of Awakening". It is edited and the first editor's name will probably be Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa. Read about this energy. This along with playing with the energy from your hands is a good beginning. Play with temperature as Rook suggests. When I do healing, the temperature of my hands doesn't change, I just visualize ice or heat at my target. It can be different for different people. Our bodies are all a little different. You came to the right place. Keep asking!

Hecate 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Lightbringer,

Another training technique would be to generate that tingling sensation between your hands and then focus on making it warm... Then cold.

You can also try this...

Have someone hold their hand over yours, about 2-3 inches sould be plenty... Make sure your hands are not close enough that you feel the warmth coming from eachothers hands. Now while their hand is above yours focus on making the air 'cold' between your hands, DO NOT TELL THEM what you are doing... Once you begin to feel the change ask what they are feeling... Then take it the other direction... Make it feel warm between your hands, again do not tell them what tempature you are trying to generate.

Resepctfully,

Rook
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hecate0, burden* I ment, not bruden! I tried this thing you asked me to do and I got a weird feeling in my hands, almost as when your arm sleep!
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Hecate0,Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

I have one more question, do you know what I ment with my "tingling sensation"?
If you want more information, look at my profile info! Easier to understand! If its not a bruden! 😊
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Lightbringer, my first meditation technique that I used to enhance and explore this was a simple, calm yourself for a regular meditation. I usually sit comfortably. Gently rub the palms of your hands together, just until they feel a tiny bit warm. Spread them about 8 or so inches apart, keeping them relaxed. Now, imagine energy coming out of both of your hands. You are creating a ball of energy between them. In the beginning, you just imagine this. Slowly press inward a bit to see if you can feel it. I feel what I call my plasma ball of healing. Once you can feel this, you can make it bigger, and you can focus it on various parts of your body, or plants. Sometimes people start by trying to help their plants grow.

Here's a start. Good luck!

Hecate
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Bibliothecarius! In the beginning of my last message, it should begin with '' I was just like you'' not ''many believe'' 😆
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Bibliothecarius, thanks for the info about wendigos!

About Supernatural, many believe that I was just like you before I watched it, it has a nice story and in some episode they bring up things that happened, it's really good and not just targeted to specific audience, I watch it, you actually learn new stuff when you watch it!
it's good and many of my friends who watch it are guys, most of them!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Lightbringer; a point of clarification:

"Wendigo" is the term applied BOTH to the evil spirit and to the person while the spirit is in possession of his/her body. Some of the narratives mention that the person's traumatized spirit/soul is still inside, but is hidden -or hiding- in the middle of a terrifying maze. Very strong spirit guides, knowledgeable Medicine Men, and -in a few stories- trickster figures like Coyote are able to navigate the maze in an effort to convince the person's soul to join in the effort to evict the wendigo from his/her body.

The wendigo usually targets individuals who spend a lot of time separate from the group (family, village, etc) so that the personality change and corresponding uncontrollable urges would not be immediately noticed, allowing it to dominate/terrify the soul of the person it has possessed.

Mythologically, it's not too far removed from the incubus, the succubus, the glutton, and other "vice" demons which leave the afflicted individuals feeling unfulfilled and alone (i.e.: "dead inside").

I'm not suggesting that wendigos migrate to Scandinavia, merely that the analogous experiences of mythologies and religions may help to clarify your experience.

Best,
-Biblio.

P.S.: is 'Supernatural' aimed at a general audience? The only people I know who watch it have been teenaged girls who talk about how 'hot' the guys are. Have I been missing something worth watching? Just curious...
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Tweed, haha, it's a little simularities, about the thing I saw and your metal-guy, i'm a metal fan aswell, but i'm more into metalcore and so on, like, Of Mice & Men!

That story did remind me of this event thanks for sharing it! 😊
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
rookdygin,Bibliothecarius, thank you for all the help!
Now I know more stuff about the Wendigo, but I don't know if a skinwalker would be in sweden, we don't have tribes and such belief... Maybe we do have but I don't know anything about that!
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Bibliothecarius, yeah I have heard about the wendigo, aren't they cannibals that lost their thouch of being a human?
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Rookdygin, thank you so much for the help! Hope you find what we are looking for!
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Hi there LightBringer,

I've been waiting to see where the comments to your experience lead to before deciding whether or not I could be of any use. Well I still don't know if I'll be any use, but I have one idea which I'd like to share.

Your story reminded me a little of one on here which I'll link you to here:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21740
It's only the appearance of the ghost in that story which reminded me (a bit) of your experience. Not the feeling associated with it. The story in the link seemed more on the innocent side of the spectrum, to me at least. Unfortunately the person never replied so their story is all the detail that's there.

Well, what I suggested to and asked that person about was more about the appearance of what they saw. In both accounts this 'thing' reminds me somewhat of a heavy metal music fan. Especially one from the Norway and Sweden area, a fan of the genre 'Black Metal'. But it's the appearance only. It also reminds me of a few other things, but because of your location, I'll run with the black metal theme for now.
I must be blunt, when I first read that this 'thing' was crawling I got a chill, didn't like it. So glad you're going to do the salt/sage method and others to keep yourself safe, it's very important!

I'm a metal fan from years back, in particular, I love the Scandinavian metal scene. I'm more of a melodic death metal and prog rock fan, but I do love some black metal too.
There's a picture on an Acturus album cover which reminds me a lot of what you describe. But unfortunately it's on the back of the album, not the front cover. I can't find any pictures of the back online. The reason I wanted to share that picture is it demonstrates how many Black Metal fans like to dress, or one particular style of fashion from this 'scene'. With a 'no face' style mask and long dangly hair.

I've just been going through all my metal albums but there's no front covers that really show what I mean. I was looking for front covers only so I could then find a picture of the cover online and link it here. The closest I can think of is a guy who goes under the name Mutis, he played piano with Dimmu Borgir for a while. Mutis is the closest I can think of to the kind of fashion style I'm talking about. Here's a silly picture of him looking all grim and serious.

Http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_M8w-nB95aUs/TMPTuRWmnmI/AAAAAAAAADg/xwAudYRqPDQ/s1600/Mustis.jpg

Haha you wouldn't know it to look at him, but he's actually a classically trained pianist and violinist, very talented guy. I don't know if his kind of fashion/appearance is any use to you, but it's roughly what I pictured (hair wise/pale face wise) when I read your story.
If this happened to me and I was in or around Sweden, the first thing I would assume would be a black metal music fan, with similar style to that pic. Or, more accurately, a fan who had taken the music way out of context.
All those Scandinavian metal guys are well adjusted, dedicated musicians. But like anything else, their music and lyrics can sometimes attract some absolute weirdos. While most metal fans are lovely folk, there are some who are just creepy. No two ways about it. I'm wondering if there's anyone you know, or have known, who would fit this description. Or anyone in your area that fits this description. Not every metal fan you may know, only ones which give you a bad feeling.

I don't mean to go off on a million tangents and sway waaay off topic but I couldn't ignore your location, which has a thriving black metal community. So it's another possibility to consider.

Hope this has been somewhat enlightening, if not that's cool too. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Lightbringer,

Biblio and I seem to be on the same page, at least I started with Wendigo lore based on the feeling of it being 'hollow' you describe coming from this spirit.
The Wendigo is part of the traditional belief systems of various Buffalo people in the northern US and Canada, most notably the Ojibwe and Saulteaux, the Cree, the Naskapi, and the Innu people. Although descriptions varied somewhat, common to all these cultures was the conception of Wendigos as malevolent, cannibalistic, supernatural beings of great spiritual power.

Descriptions between Native American Tribes vary greatly ranging from...

The Wendigo is gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones, its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Wendigo looks like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it has are tattered and bloody. They are unclean and suffer from suppurations of the flesh, the Wendigo's give off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.

To...

Wendigos are generally rumored to be gigantic spirits, over fifteen feet tall, lanky and with glowing eyes, long yellowed fangs, terrible claws and overly long tongues. Sometimes they are said to have a sallow, yellowish skin; other times they are described as being matted with hair.

My next though was skin walker, but even that does not quite seem to fit the 'bill'... In some Native American legends, a skin-walker is a person with the natural ability to turn into any animal he or she desires. To be able to transform, legend sometimes requires that the skin-walker wears a pelt of the animal.

Then, to complicate matters Wendigo legend and skin walker legend have been blended in modern folklore, thanks in part... Or maybe mostly to TV series and Movie 'magic'.

None of which really fit your description...

"...it looked human! The skin-tone on this ''thing'' was pale, it didn't have glowing eyes, in the matter of fact, it didn't have a face!

The hair did look a bit greasy and well-cared,it was hanging down!

It was doing it quiet, therefore it crawled slowly, it stopped abruptly when it noticed me looking at it!"

I went back and reread your description a couple of times I realized it makes me think of Samara (the 'ghost') from the Ring Movie. Mostly because of the way you describe it 'slipping through' your window. Please do not think I believe you are making this up, I DO NOT. However the Windigo is the closest I can find that seems to fit your description... Unless you wish to delve into 'Radical Christian Belief's' that would give this 'thing' a Generic Term 'Entity' and have you believe that these 'energy thought forms' search for humans to attach to and are looking to feed. Like a sort of parasite..., these 'entities' feed off of intense emotional energy, and are not beyond STIMULATING the people they are attached to into creating this energy if they do not find enough.
They like: anger, hatred, lust, sex, abuse, torment, and just about any other emotional energy that will cause a very "intense reaction" and thus send out a large "dose" of the energetic food they are seeking.
Individuals from groups like these would also have you believe the only way to get rid of them is to join their religion, accept its teachings (all of them... No questions asked) ect...

There are spirits and entities (shadows and or shades, call them what you will) out there that can a will attach themselves to individuals and they will do their best to influence those individuals to act in ways that 'promote' an environment full of the 'energy' they thrive in. They do not have a 'hard and fast' description, but there are multiple ways to deal with them, it's not as black and white as 'Our way or the Highway'.

Salt and Sage are wonderful ways to 'seal' openings as well as filling your home with POSITIVE ENERGY and let's not forget Cleansings, Shielding's and or Blessings (from the Church of your choice).

So at this point, without more details, I will leave it here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and if you need a Cleansing Method I have one posted on my profile. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Respectfully,

Rook
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
LightBringer:

While Rook is doing the more thorough investigation into specific entities (thanks, Rook!), my intuition was screaming: "predatory!" "Hungry!" "Fae!" "Parasite!" In the US & Canada, it'd be called a 'wendigo.' They're sort of like an embodiment of need, and they consume their host's energy/focus/spirit while the host body tries to sate the inexhaustible hunger.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Lightbringer,

Thank you... Between the physical description and what you 'felt' at the time of this experience can help identify what your 'creeper' may have been. I am off to hit the books and I will keep you updated on anything I may find.

Respectfully,

Rook
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
rookdygin, this ''thing'' knew what it was doing, it had the intent to look at me and touch me if it could, I'm sure of that!
The feelings I had when I saw it, was... Hollow, it felt like an empty shell, but at the same time it was full of awareness, they way I felt ''it'' it was like it had no feelings, but knew what it was doing!
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Bibliothecarius, it looked human! The skin-tone on this ''thing'' was pale, it didn't have glowing eyes, in the matter of fact, it didn't have a face!

The hair did look a bit greasy and well-cared,it was hanging down!

It was doing it quiet, therefore it crawled slowly, it stopped abruptly when it noticed me looking at it! I don't know how it noticed me, maybe it noticed me because I changed my type of breathing when I woke up!

About salt and the other stuff, I don't think you are crazy, because I am a fan of the serie
''supernatural'' 😆
I will consider this, depending on if this will continue!
but at the same time I don't want my friends to laugh at me, or think that I'm insane!

Yeah I agree! This creature must have been looking at my window! I mean, who doesn't want to see the unknown, and test their skills!

Take care and stay safe aswell!
LightBringer (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Hecate0, your stories are really good, a bit touchy!

About chakras

I think that I can open my chakras, not all of them, I looked up (on google) my tingling sensation I have had in my body since I was a kid, and saw that you can heal with it, and some other things!

Apparently, there are not many who have this ''thing'' I have! 😲
So I have been looking for answers... But have not find any yet! So I wonder if we can chat about it? You don't have to if you don't want to! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Salting and Sageing are great ideas and some great questions have been asked... But I want to know something 'beyond' the way this 'figure' looked...

I understand it scared the 'BEEP' out of you and that you fled, but other than fright becasue you thought someone was climbing through your (closed) window what 'feelings' did you have about this figure? You may not have noticed anything... But when you 'replay' this experience did it feel like this figure had 'intent'...intent to 'look' at you... Intent to 'touch' you... Intent to scare you? Or was it all 'Fight or Flight'?

I ask becasue there are individuals who... At the time... Notice how the 'figure, being, spirit' feels... They 'pick up' on its intent and if something like that was noticed it can go a long way in helping to determine what may have 'visited' you in your room.

Respectfully,

Rook
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Greetings, LightBringer.

Did this figure appear to be mostly-human? What did its skin look like (healthy/sickly/pale/mummified)? Did its eyes look like human eyes, did they glow, or were they completely black? Did the hair look like it was well-cared-for, or did it look greasy? (Did the figure's hair hang down, or did it seem to be blowing in a breeze?). Did the figure seem to be struggling to get throught the glass slowly, or did it stop abruptly when it saw you?

Depending upon your replies to these questions (now that you've responded to Hecate's initial salvo), I have a few thoughts: one of which I reallyY don't like. If your answers to these questions begin to make you increasingly uncomfortable, that's a good indicator that I'm on the right track.

I'm now going to give you some advice which is totally out-of-character for me; I would feel better if you followed it, though. Please get some coarsely-ground salt (sea salt is about the size I had in mind, and some sage leaves (dried if neccessary). You need about 1 cup of the salt and about a tablespoon-full of the chopped/crushed sage leaves, giving you a ratio of about 5:1. Slowly and deliberately pour the mixture of the ingredients in a line from right-to-left across the window sill, creating an unbroken straight line from the right wall to the left wall of the window frame. Twice. This is mostly symbolic, but as you pour it (for practicality, use a small plastic bag with one of the bottom corners cut off) focus as completely as possible on the idea of building a barricade across the window (both times!) as though you are extending the wall across the window to prevent anyone from getting in.

I KNOW how insane that paragraph appears to because I'm an agnostic and a skeptic; I'm not a psychic or clairvoyant. However, I am intuitive, and your narrative set all kinds of alarm bells ringing in my intuition. Yours is not the most easily-accessed window in your apartment building, so I suspect he (it?) selected you after watching the building for a while.

Please take care and be safe.
-Biblio.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Lightbringer, before you get me going (which questions that excite my abilities and interest do...), read my stories. We probably have much to chat about. I have been studying about chakras and such more 20 years.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21046

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21668

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21669

I check in fairly frequently. ASK AWAY!

Best,
Hecate 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: