You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Spirit In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit In The Woods

 

Here is an experience I had one or two years ago. It might have been the summer of 2013. Anyway, here it is.

When I was a thirteen-year-old, me and my sister would hang out a lot. Outside the house that was. At that time, I still had a thing for the paranormal. But I didn't know what I was going to see that day.

We had woods near our house. We would always go inside them. Lots of good memories. This one time, me and my sister went inside the woods. We looked around, nothing new. I remember not having anything better to do. So I started to act a bit crazy.

Near the entrance, my sister left. She was a bit tired. After that, I just looked around. I saw a branch laying on the ground so I picked it up. I decided to see if I could break it so I started banging it to the ground. After trying, I gave up. It was pretty strong. That's when I saw the thing I would never forget. The moment I threw the branch into some vines, a green mist came out. It was as nearly tall as a human. It floated near the entrance of the woods.

I was not really scared at that moment. I was mostly confused. But when I remembered the paranormal after looking at it for a few seconds, I did get scared a bit. So I jumped over the little creek and made my to the entrance.

After I made it out, it was gone. My sister was just standing around. I told her about how I just saw green mist. She didn't really take me seriously. She did a bit. She thought it was odd. I told her how it was leaving the woods. We looked back, and we saw nothing. After that, I went inside and told my older sister. She didn't really take me seriously.

At that moment, I thought I must have disturbed a spirit. I was banging a small branch around and threw it after that. I could see it getting somebody's attention.

I still sometimes tell people about it, today. But most of them never took me seriously.

To this day, I think it was a spirit I disturbed. It will be an experience I will never forget.

Other hauntings by RadioGuy42

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RadioGuy42, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-02)
Red, I haven't read the pain experiment with Attenborough but I remember hearing about it many years ago. Very interesting, and sad that it's rejected by 'science'.
Aww I hate hearing about beautiful trees being cut down😭 (I was even trying for a nicer way to say 'cut down' I hate saying it so much). I would seek opinions of multiple arborists first, tell them your concerns about hurricanes. You may be able to save the oak. One of our friends is an arborist and you'd be astonished at what they can do with wiring and clever pruning to safe guard against harsh weather with large trees. Aborists really care about trees and they know their stuff.
LOL at the bears! Whatever you do don't go near any bats! Some bats can carry VERY deadly diseases which are as serious as you can get. Look but don't touch any bat. I can just picture you in the vet with all the dogs straining for your attention that's sooo cute!
I have to watch myself with nocturnals. I love going outside at night but I'm a bit scared of things coming up to me, like; *I can hear something in the bushes, what's that? Nothing, it's nothing. Oh no there's something dark running across the lawn... And it's...yep approaching me! Ahhh!*
Even if they mean no harm it still freaks me the heck out!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Thanks Tweed it just seems "odd" and feels odd that animals listen to me. We have a nature center not too far from us that has two bears and if they lay down I yełl to them from afar to get up people want to take your picture and at least one gets up. The one time the bear seemed like it was waving at the people. I thought it was me but I have had my doubts and thought maybe something else was "helping" me. I must have inherited some of my grandfathers ability with dogs but the rest is me. 😁 thanks again
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Tweed
I have read one of Dr. Attenboroughs articles that trees actually feel pain. He attached some equipment to the tree and took readings of the tree before having a limb cut off. There was very little response from the tree. But as someone climbed up the tree with a hand saw and cut off a limb the tree gave off some readings that were interpreted that the tree was experiencing pain even after the limb was gone. My mother had pointed this article out to me when I was a teenager in I think National Geographics. I wonder if anyone else has done any such studies because I believe the science community kind of disbelived this study. I for one believe that trees can feel pain or distress. I have a lot of trees in my yard and if I touch one and really concentrate on the tree I can feel a sort of energy coursing in my hand but if I touch and concentrate on a log in our wood pile I feel nothing. We have at least one tree that needs to be cut down that is very close to our house someday. It's an Oak tree and you know how they shed limbs so its very dangerous if a bad hurricane hits my island but it will be replaced by onother type of tree eventually. My moto is what you take from the Earth you must replace someting to the earth.
Regards
Red
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Ah Red,

I'm supposed to be logging off like right now, but I just saw your 'stupid question'. 😆
Here's my take:
In short 'no'. I think assuming one has to have another entity attached to them in order for animals to like them is a bit 'low self-esteemy'. So nope, it's just you they love 'cause you're cool and they sense it!
I've had the same thing happen with wild animals, I know a few other people who are the same. The common denominator seems to be; people who love animals and nature. 😉
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
RadioGuy
I'm sorry I asked this question on your thread but it is something I have wondered for many years.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
I have a very stupid question. Well maybe not.
Gardens I tend to thrive for the most part. Heat waves take a toll on them but there is nothing I can do about that. I water in the evening so it's cooler. But I digress.
Animals are atrracted to me like a magnet. If I go to the vet I have to pay attention to every dog because they strain at their leashes to get to me. When we went to the Central Park Zoo the Polar Bear was playing with me. Its glass enclosure is 2 levels. If I went to the lower level it dove if I ran to the upper level it would come up. This went on for a good five minutes (this is before I had so many back problems). We went to the penguin house and all of the penguins were on a ledge. I said come on guys get in the water. They ALL jumped in and were swimming in what looked like a dance. After a few minutes I told my husband to stay where he was and I went to the other end of their enclosure it took maybe two minutes before they swam to where I was and started swimming in the same manner as the other end. The best part was the bull. It had been walking to it's shed and I called it and it came right to me I was stroking it and even gave it a hug. My daughter tried to hug it and it head butted her LOL. I shouldn't laugh but she isn't the animal type she has hurt my dogs on multiple times. Then we were walking by goats and I got surrounded by them even though I had no food but other people did. A man approached my husband and asked what was going on, he had been following me and was amazed how the animals just came to me. He even jokingly said "what is she Dr. Doolittle?" My husband told him something like that.
Now after the lengthy explaination here is the stupid question. Could I have a nature spirit attached to me? There are many other instances I could give but I think you have the idea.
Regards
Red
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Rook and Tweed, Way cool!

50 characters on the wall, 50 characters on the wall, take one down, pass it around
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Rookdygin & Tweed: thanks for the info, it makes more sense for me after reading both your comments.
Hope one day I can encounter one of these spirits.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Thanks Rook! We're much in agreement. I just ran a search on elementals to see what the interwebs had to say, really wish I didn't do that. Far out! I'm pretty annoyed at the modern take on this which appears to have scrambled nature spirits and elementals into one and the same. Damn internet!

Ladyglow, these days the common conscientious around elementals seems to be they include fairies, goblins trolls etc. That each of these entities represent an element. I personally feel this train of thought is ignorant and doesn't paint the full picture at all. In fact it repaints the picture all together!

This is my opinion only. I feel that nature spirits and elementals are similar, in that they coexist within plant life. I see nature spirits as faires, goblins, trolls etc. Nature spirits have what we humans identify as an appearance, they identify, as we do, with a physical form and intelligent consciousness. Nature spirits protect things like land, specific plants, landscapes, animals, anything nature related.
Where as elementals are energy/consciousness inhabited within an element; earth, fire, air, water. Elementals are far more complex and misunderstood by us humans. For one, their physical form is one we're baffled by, or don't easily recognise. Similarly their conscious awareness and interaction within our physical world is so far removed from our own interactions that we simply can't communicate with one another very well. Elementals exist within and/or represent an element, (or how we understand it), and they react/interact with this element.

As we humans have human guardians, animal guides, things of this nature. Trees, plants, rivers etc also have guardians in the form of nature spirits and elementals.
In the case of tree/plant life my opinion is that all plants/trees are their own entity, just as any human and animal is. I personally don't buy into the notion that trees and plants harbour human/animal souls. My opinion on this train of thought is that this is humans projecting a comfortable identity onto something we don't understand, in this case plants/trees. I feel trees have their own soul/ghost/whatever, just like we do. Not many report seeing the ghost of a tree, why? I feel it's because they have a different concept of time to us. Anyone who ever watched David Attenborough knows that you have to speed up the photography to understand plant life, to see their interactions in a speed we can interpret them. To me, elementals are akin to this. Also all plant life has conscious awareness and intelligence. Even if most humans don't think, or want to think of trees as conscious beings, they are aware of us, and they do communicate with us in many subtle ways.
I feel the stories about Trees harbouring the ghosts of humans/animals/other etnities also are confused with people seeing, say a troll, disappear into a tree. I feel, in this case, the troll merely lives or plays or frequents within the tree, or perhaps the tree is the troll's doorway to another realm, who knows. But both troll and tree are separate entities. The same as a Pirate and his parrot buddy are separate entities. So in the case of this green mist, I suspect, it was either a somewhat camouflaged semi manifested nature spirit, some gnome/goblin type perhaps, or an arrangement of particles caused by an elemental attempting to interact with whoever was banging the hell out of and throwing a stick around!
The colour green suggests whoever it is was camouflaging when it was disturbed.
I feel nature spirits and elementals exist on another realm to our physical one. In a similar way that we humans and animals inhabit other realms when we're no longer attached to a physical body. Realms like this one, the physical, astral, spirit realm, what some call 'heaven'. Probably many others we don't understand. I feel, like human and animal guides can cross over and cross back to check on loved ones, that nature spirits and elementals can do the same. There are stories on here where people have interacted with a nature spirit, one instance where the OP recalled an 'elf' type describing his home, which wasn't of her physical realm back garden.

There was a story on here a few months ago which got me thinking about the way elementals communicate with us, or attempt to. The OP figured it was poltergeists but the comments pointed to a broader haunting involving the disruption of habitat, here's that story:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=21715
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Lady-glow,

(not trying to steal your thunder Tweed... Just saw the question)

Here is MY THEORY:

Elememtals are spirits (inteligent energy) that was formed as the world was created (created itself). Just as the energy from the Big Bang became intelligent so to did each element, as it developed, generate energy (ies) that became inteligent and being inteligent they wish to protect themselves.

You have also asked where do they go...IE: Tree spirits after a fire has burned a forest... FIRE is a part of nature... Part of a cycle and as the cycle plays out the energy types change... And renew themselves... Its only we WE as people destroy areas and repurpose them with glass and metal structures and paved roads that those nature spirit energies are disrupted... Their natural cycle being interupted... But take a closer look... Weeds pop up through cracks in the sidewalk and closed roads become 'chewed' up and overgrown... The 'spirit energy' never went away... It was simply disrupted until TIME could help 'reset' the enviroment.

I hope I did not ramble too much and that my theory makes some sort of sense. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Tweed: just a question. The concept of elementals is new to me and I would like to understand more about them. If they are spirits that "live" and protect nature, - what happens to them in case of natural disasters? Could they prevent, for example, a forest fire? Where do they go if their home is destroyed?

RadioGuy: I hope you don't mind using your story for asking these questions but since what you saw seems to be an elemental...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Hi, Radioguy... After reading tweed's comment... I assume that it could be mother nature and protector of woods nice point... Tweed
abbykay_luv (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Nice story. [at] Tweed, I like how you used 'GREEN MIST', sounds like a super villian lol. [at] Radioguy, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it... Reminds me of how I love being out in woods
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Hi Radioguy thanks for sharing this. I feel you disturbed a nature spirit of some type. These are protectors of trees, land, animals etc. It was likely very annoyed you were destroying its home and making sure you weren't truly a threat. As nothing's happened since it seems the entity has established you're no threat. In my opinion you are very lucky to have seen this, whatever it was. I've never heard of green mist before, this is interesting, thanks for sharing! 😊
RadioGuy42 (3 stories) (7 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
[at] sheetal

Maybe. There is a lot of old bottles in the woods. I even found an old camera frame. I don't know if an accident ever happened.

But no. I never did see it again after that.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Hi, Radioguy... I want to ask did you seen that spirit again? Any fatal accident happened in woods?

I don't think you disturbed the spirit...

Nice to read 😁
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
RadioGuy42,I think what you saw you saw because you wanted to see it.

I am not rejecting your experience but this is just my thoughts.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: