You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Pink House

Real Ghost Stories

The Pink House

 

I was 15 when my dad, my best friend and I moved into your average three bedroom, two bath house that was painted a light pink. We took to calling it "The Pink House". The house was not new but not historic either. If I had to guess, I would say it was probably built in the 1970's.

The layout of the house is kind of part of the story so bear with me for a minute. Walking in the front door, towards the right side of the house, you walk into the living room. To the right is a small dining room followed by the kitchen. At the back of the living room is the hallway that leads to the bedrooms. The hallway formed an L shape. The door to my bedroom was closest to the living room, in the short part of the L. The air conditioner intake was right across the hall from my bedroom door. Turning left down the hall was my friend's room (back middle of the house), bathroom opposite her door, master bedroom at the end of the hall.

Almost immediately after moving into this house, my friend and I started hearing, seeing, and feeling things. In the year that we lived in that house, I think my friend may have slept in her room (back middle of the house, remember) maybe twice. She generally slept on the couch in the living room. Her room was always freezing, even in August in Texas heat. We both felt uncomfortable in that room. We also had two cats that would not go in that room. Almost constantly I heard air disturbances. As I said, the A/C intake was across from room. Any time I was in my room with the door open, I would hear the air disturbance, what sounded like someone walking down the hall. At first I figured it was my friend or my dad, but after a while realized most of the time, it wasn't them. It happened so often, it got to where my mind didn't really acknowledge it anymore.

We didn't eat in the dining room but had a desk with the computer set up there. I used to spend a lot of time at the computer playing solitaire (before the days of everyone having internet). I would also hear the air disturbance of someone walking behind me here too. Like coming from the living room, through the dining room, into the kitchen. Also while on the computer I would sometimes listen to music with headphones. I always had it up so loud, my dad sitting on the couch maybe 3 feet away would have to yell to get my attention. One day, I had the headphones on, music blaring, and I hear a little girl whisper through the headphones, "Tiffany", my name. This happened more than once.

Another day, it was evening, and being the teenagers we were, my friend and I had several other friends at the house, boys naturally.:) All the guys and I were in the living room. My friend was hanging out in my dad's room. I believe my dad was at work at the time. Anyway, I picked up the phone in the living room to make a phone call. I heard a girl talking but the words didn't register. This was an old corded home phone. I just assumed it was my friend on the other phone in my dad's room as we were the only two girls in the house. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry." Then clear as a bell, I hear a girl say, "That's OK." I hung up the phone. Then I start thinking, that didn't sound like my friend. It sounded like a girl maybe 11 or 12. My friend was 17 at the time and sounded totally different from the girl I heard on the phone. I went back to my dad's room and asked her if she had been on the phone and she said no, she hadn't used the phone all day.

The weirdest thing that happened, that I think may explain a lot, was a semi-shared experience between my friend and I. It was about 7 pm. My friend and I were home alone. I was laying in my bed with my back to the open door reading a book. My friend was asleep on the couch in the living room. I heard the air disturbance again, but as I said this happened so frequently that I barely even registered the sound. A couple minutes later, my friend comes in my room and lays on the bed with me. She asked if my dad was home from work. I said no, why. She said she woke up on the couch and although she didn't have her glasses on, she saw a man in a white t-shirt walk down the hall, past my bedroom, through the living room and dining room, into the kitchen. The man then stopped in front of the kitchen sink, bracing his hands on the front edge of the sink, kind of leaning over the sink. She looked away to put her glasses on and when she looked back, the man was gone. Obviously, I heard what she saw and this is what I had been hearing the whole time we lived there.

So here is my theory, I believe the man was a residual, doing the same thing over and over. Walking from the bedrooms to the kitchen, stopping at the sink. The little girl was more of your average ghost. She liked to play. I think something bad happened in that back middle bedroom involving the man. Maybe the girl was connected to him, maybe not. In the years since, I have tried to find out the history of the house but never managed to find anything. The last time I drove by, over 10 years ago, the house was no longer there. All the houses on that street had been torn down and rebuilt.

My friend and I have been friends for almost 20 years now and have talked about the things we both experienced at this house and other places. We have come to the conclusion that when it comes to spirits, she is very visual and I am very auditory. She never heard the air disturbances like I did, and I never saw anything.

I would love to know the history of the house but after all these years, I don't know if I can even remember the exact address.

Other hauntings by Tiffrb20

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tiffrb20, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elfstone810 (227 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-05-12)
Hi! Forgive me for resurrecting a relatively old post, but I just saw this and I had to comment on the off chance Tiffrb20 will see it.

If you go to the local courthouse, the County Recorder should have plat maps dating back to when you lived there. They might help you figure out which house it was. If you figure out which house you lived in, you can get the names of past owners from earlier plat maps.

Just a suggestion. 😁
Tiffrb20 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
Biblio- Yes I have asked him. He doesn't remember and no longer has any paper work as it was 17 years ago. I know the neighborhood, but the house is no longer there and the addresses have changed. 😢
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Greetings, Tiff.

Have you asked your father if he remembers the address of the pink house? Even if he doesn't remember exactly, he may still have financial records, old paperwork (such as taxes), or even an old friend who remembers. This would make doing archival research at the town library, the local historical society, or the tax assessor's office somewhat less complicated.

Just an idea.
-Biblio.
Tiffrb20 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Sheetal- No, my dad never experienced anything. We have talked about it many times and while he doesn't totally discount the existence of ghosts, spirits, etc he doesn't truly believe in something unless he sees it and I think he is just way analytical to accept anything spiritual.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
This reminds my experience at my friend's house with a cold room. Super chilly even on the hottest days, you'd think it'd be like AC, cool and comfy, but it's just icy and unwelcoming.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Hi, Tiff... I loved your story... You wrote it really well... I am glad at least you all are not harmed by that entity... It can be residual haunting... May that spirit have got salvation.

Did your dad also experienced the same?
Tiffrb20 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Tweed- I have been driving myself nuts today trying to research this yet again since it's on my mind. I have narrowed it down to the right neighborhood. From what I have figured out today, the house we lived in was most likely built in 1982. We lived there in 1998. So that narrows down the time frame. The problem I'm running into is that the houses on the street were torn down and rebuilt in 2001/2002, so I can't even do the street view to find the right house on Google Maps. 😢
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Oh, dang it about not remembering the address. There's bound to be records of the house somewhere. Even without an exact address you'll be able to narrow it down eventually. If you're up for it. On the up side it's cool that you two could both fill in the dots with both your naturally stronger senses. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: