You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New House, New Story

Real Ghost Stories

New House, New Story

 

As I stated in my story Farewell from Grandpa (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22135) I have four very clear experiences I will write about. This is the second encounter. The third was farewell from dad (http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22168.

After grandpa's estate had been settled, which entailed the selling of the house, we bought and moved into quite an old house in a suburb of Johannesburg called Albertville. At this stage my daughter was approximately 2 to 3 years old and my son 5 years old.

Within weeks of moving in we started renovating as the house was quite gloomy and we wanted to open it up, to let in a little light.

The minute the renovations started, strange things started happening. In the four years we lived there, my daughter would wake up every single night screaming her head off and running into my room. When I asked her why she would just say, "it's a pink thing, a pink thing, jump on me...". Every night, I would spend at least and hour or two trying to calm her down. I could only take her back to her room once she had fallen deeply asleep again. If I tried taking her back before she was fully asleep she would become totally hysterical.

Now I know people will say this is just a very young child having night terrors but I don't believe that for one minute. L (my daughter) was so terrified that she literally threw herself on me and clung to me so tightly that I had permanent bruises on the back of my neck. Her heart would beat so fast and she would be completely out of breath. I became extremely concerned.

Now, L and my son (D) were very close and also had an interconnecting door between their bedrooms and on most nights my son would end up sleeping with his little sister. D was terrified of his dad so would not seek solace unless I was on my own (this is not a good story, so leave it at that). When I asked D why he was in his sister's bed he would just say he was very, very scared and he had also started wetting his bed.

My ex and I also heard footsteps. The corridor in the house had a wooden floor and although I slept on the left side of the bed closest to the corridor I could not see down the corridor. Some nights you could clearly hear someone walk from the kitchen down the corridor towards my room. Many times, I would sit up and look toward the corridor to see who it was but the steps always stopped just outside my field of vision.

There were occasions when both my ex and I could feel someone flop onto the bed between us (you know what it feels like when someone dives onto your bed and you literally bounce...?) but we couldn't see anything.

When we finally sold the house and moved everything stopped. My son's bedwetting, my daughters "night terrors" (for want of a better word), the footsteps, everything just stopped and we became a "normal" (abnormal) little family.

In the 25 odd years since, I have never been back there, not to the house, nor the street, not even to the suburb. I haven't even tried to research or even want to know why this happened.

My children are now aged 29 and 31, and neither can recall this time. I know my daughter was too young but my son has completely blocked out his childhood and does not WANT to remember, so I have to respect that.

This is the only experience I, myself had that I cannot explain in one way or another.

Any suggestions? Ideas? I honestly don't know.

Blessings

Annie

Other hauntings by annie16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annie16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Hi Tom, I have no idea what was scaring my son. He just would never talk about it.
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Could I just ask one more thing?
Do you know what was scaring your son so much?
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Hi Tom, I definitely think the two experiences were connected now that you mention it. I just felt that the entity was a female so didn't connect it to the "pink thing" but now that you mention it, it makes absolute sense. Thank you.
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Please reply and tell me what you think of my theory (previous comment)

Thanks,
Tom
TomL79 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
You said that your daughter kept saying that a pink thing tried to jump on her every night, and you also said that you felt like someone had jumped onto your bed in between you and your partner. Perhaps these two experiences are connected?
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Hi Tweed. This happened when my children were very young. My ex and I only split up approximately 20 years later. But..., when I think back we did have some problems after living in the house for a while. Maybe this could have caused it, I don't know. I welcome your feedback, so no, you did not speak out of turn.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Hi Annie,

Not meaning to pry at all, but I'm wondering if the move from this house also related to you and your partner separating. You don't have to comment on that if it's too personal, I'll understand.
The reason I bring it up is that sometimes a haunting can occur because of what's happening in the home. If the home life was negative back then, this may have drawn in some negative entity. Or it could have been on your side, regardless of scaring your children. Jumping on the bed between you and your ex may have been this entity's way of telling you to separate.

I hope I haven't spoken out of turn and if I'm way off base I apologise. This was only what occurred to me while reading your story.
Take care. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: