You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son's Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Son's Friend

 

It seems that sensitivity runs in the family. I have always felt presences and even had some experiences, but I'll save some of those for another time. This is about my son's experience with a spirit.

We moved into our home about a year ago, and everything seemed quiet. I sensed something was there but not in a harmful way. Well one night about three weeks ago I was walking through our house just making sure all the lights were off before going to bed myself, as I was approaching my son's room I could hear him talking to someone. He was actually holding a conversations with someone. I asked him who he was talking to, he replied my new friend, so I asked about his new friend. He told me his friend's name was John and that he used to live here before we moved in. I said ok and told him to get some sleep. I went to my room and asked my fiancee if he ever told our son the name of the gentleman that lived here before we did. He said "no, why?" so I told him what happened. You see John was the name of the man that lived in the house for a long time and passed away in the bathroom a little over two years ago. And we live across the street from the cemetery where he was buried.

I thought this was so cool. I had to share it with you. And I would be more then happy for some input.

Other hauntings by carrie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, carrie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Children are great communicators. They are so close to the Other Side, just having come from there themselves, that to talk to those still there is easy for them. It is also dangerous, as they can see and hear just about any being that comes to them. Generally children have a sense of when the being is not good though, and their fear tells them when to back off. That is when we, as adults come in. It is our job to protect them and banish the bad from them. Of course, yours was a good thing. I love these stories as they make me feel as if our family is not a pack of misfits, we just have not figured out where we do fit in, yet. Thank you for your story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
I would be willing to bet that your son was the one who helped him to cross over. Seeing your son and talking to him, more than likely finally made John realize that he was no longer among the living and that he needed to move on. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
carrie (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Skeptical81:
I live in Athol the town is creepy as it is 😆. And to everyone who responded. Thank you so much for the input. I haven't heard him talk to John in a while so I'm wondering if John found his way.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi, Carrie. That would really give you some goose bumps! Does your son still have conversations with John? Little ones are more open to such things, their minds being young and flexible. I think they are more apt to believe what they see rather than try to find a reason to explain things away. I hope you'll get some more of your experiences in for us to read soon and thanks for sharing this one! I enjoyed it. 😊
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
It's a big state skeptical81...anyway, this is a great story, it's nice that your son is talking to a ghost that won't harm him. I hope John doesn't harm him. Well so I hope that you stay in touch with this site, I want to know more.
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Ahhhh that would freak me right out haha. How old is your son? I live in mass too, maybe we're neighbors lol
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Wow nice story. Though I would be scared if a ghost was talking with my son. It is easier for a ghost to contact a child than it is contacting an adult. I hope to here from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: