You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Infant Crib

Real Ghost Stories

Infant Crib

 

This is not a very long story nor does it have much of a background. I was still an infant when this took place. I only know of it because my mother and grandmother have told me about it many times. This was only the beginning to my many experiences to come. These days, however, I really don't experience as much as I used to. There is a reason for that and that is another story I will get to down the road.

I kind of don't like calling these stories though because they are true experiences. My mother refuses to believe in the supernatural, so I have only heard her tell this story once. I had just been born recently prior to this experience. I was sick in the hospital so my mother couldn't bring me home right away, but around the third night that we had been home this happened.

It was late and my mother put me in this wooden crib that was hers when she was little. This crib had no wheels, and that is an important detail. Well, after she placed me in the crib, she went into the living room which was right outside my bedroom door. About 30 minutes passed and she heard this loud noise come from my room. She ran in to find that my crib had been pulled away from against the wall to the middle of the room. It really freaked her out.

Obviously I was too young to remember this but like I previously stated, I had many more experiences after this. I'm having a hard time thinking of a word to describe them. I guess I could say they became more intense as time went on.

I don't know why this happened but my grandmother and I have talked about the possible reasons. I personally believe this was the beginning to my haunting or that something wanted me. She hasn't claimed to have one set belief about this but she is big into the supernatural. She is the only person in my direct family that I can really talk to about my experiences.

Other hauntings by Zenith

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zenith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zenith (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Miracles - I had never thought to ask that... Well, I had the same room until we got a new house and I don't remember anything ever being on the walls. But that is a possibility. I'm glad your grandson was okay!

Red - My crib was actually against the wall the door-way was on. So, it was an interior wall. Also our yard has always been in a field. I think I am going to question my grandmother more on this subject because yall are giving me a different perspective on the situation. But that was an interesting crib story of your own. Haha

I appreciate the comments and I notice that you both are reasoning that it could have been something trying to protect me, but as I post my other stories I think you may see a different picture. 😜
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-01)
Zenith,
Was your crib against an outside wall or near a windoow? My guess if the answer is yes then the spirit (s) were worried that something like a tree could fall and come crashing down on you, or if the window broke you would get glass all over you.

Miracles
When I was an infant my crib was in my parents room. One night my mother woke up to my gurgling cries. She must not have had a bunting around the crib. She frantically woke up my father who ran outside in his underwear to get a saw out of the garage. What a site that had to be. 😆 in the meanwhile my mother was holding me up so I wouldn't strangle and realized if I could squirm my way out all she had to do is turn my body and slide me back through the bars which she did. My father ran into their room and had a puzzled look with saw in hand as my mother was cradling me and making sure I was not injured.
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
9 years ago (2015-07-31)
Zenith - I wonder if there was a reason your crib was moved 😕 When my grandson was just months old, one of the wall decorations over his crib fell off his wall and into his crib. With him in it. It didn't even wake him, but my daughter took him out and moved his crib as soon as it happened. So I wonder if it was to prevent something like that happening to you? Or maybe an overhead light fixture or something?

By the way, for anyone wondering, the wall decoration (a wooden letter from Wal-Mart that weighs less than a pound) that fell onto my grandson was secured to the wall with 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips. Yeah, did not work. Very disappointed in that product.

Anyway, Zenith, I've read stories where this same thing has happened, the crib being moved. Thanks for sharing yours with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: