You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Final Goodbye Vs Static In The Air

Real Ghost Stories

Final Goodbye Vs Static In The Air

 

Users,

My story first takes place in church.

It was my grandmothers funeral and we were all in our Orthodox church grieving while the ceremony took place (as you do). Now my grandfather had passed a year before this. I remember being in tears as the priest spoke about her life and how she is now much happier. As I stared into nothing while looking down at her coffin, it's like my brain had tapped into the world of supernatural. There he was. My grandfather... Standing with one hand on her coffin, looking down at her. I don't know for SURE that it was him because I couldn't see a head, my abilities are obviously not strong enough. But I just knew it was him, I felt safe and happy! After this experience we had driven down to the cemetery to say our final goodbyes. As we lowered the coffin into the ground, the sun came out and shone on her coffin. When we could no longer see the coffin, the sun was gone. I was extremely happy, I knew it was my grandparents saying goodbye for the last time.

Ever since I had tapped into the supernatural realm, if I concentrate hard enough I can see, what appears to be static in the air. What is this? Am I looking into it too much, or is this a common thing first timers see? I often feel eyes on me in my own house, and am scared to be home alone. I hear footsteps, and jingling like change, and I know it probably shouldn't scare me but it does. Can somebody help me understand the static in the air and explain to me a way I can deal with these felt presences? If you have read my story and/or commented below thank you so much for your time. I look forward to help and advice from other users!

- Vanessa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lennonslovechild, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lennonslovechild (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Haha yes, I am a huge Beatles fan 😜!

Wardo, I will definitely give that a search on the net! That sounds very interesting. I've also recently just realised, I tend to feel what others feel? If they're sad I become sad, when someone is happy, inside I smile! Could this all be linked to what you have described above?
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Whoops haha, sorry about the name mix up! I'm usually so careful to get names right too. 😆
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
This could all definitely be connected with paranormal experiences. One thing you might want to do some research on is etheric energy and auras. You may be seeing some etherical energy. I would describe it as heat appears coming off a barbecue grill, if that makes sense.

I have been able to see etheric energy and auras after some deep concentration. The interesting coincidence is I often do this while in church.

When the priest, deacon, canter and readers come near the altar, I focus intently on them. One of the priest's at my church has quite an energy around him. I've tried to tell my wife to look to see it, but she thinks that I am making it up or that it is not a holy thing to do.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Hi I loved your story and don't have any advice to give you. But it has tickled me that everyone keeps calling you "Lemons" when its Lennons" haha story everyone 😁
lennonslovechild (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Gosh! Thanks so much Tweed!

Couldn't have asked for a better/faster response! You've helped me a lot! I will definitely check that out ASAP!

Yes! My Aunty does a meditation class, and it's full of spiritual people who at the end of the class come and talk to you about past lives, experiences etc... I think I might have to try it! Thanks again!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Lemons, we're big on following our gut instincts around here, very wise of you.

I'll link you to our resident 'pro' here who has a cleansing/shielding method posted on his profile. This is used by many of us here. It is a good example of what a cleansing/shielding method/ritual is:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Yeup, I get the static too. I think it's always there to a degree, there are times when it's more prominent and times when I don't notice it. It seems to occur more if I'm either in tune with the other side, or there's a presence around me.
I would also suggest you look into meditation of some sort. This can really help you stay balanced and focused, dealing with the spirit realm can get very confusing at times lol, no matter how experienced a person is!
lennonslovechild (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
The sunlight was an absolutely beautiful experience, thank you! 😁

I think I had learnt about the mechanics of the eye/mind in psychology while I was at school. I definitely remember hearing exactly that! Do you also see the static?

As for cleansing and protection, I know my house has been blessed, so I doubt it would be anything bad if something IS trying to make itself known. I'm not sure on protection, if there's a guide you know of I can follow I'd be more than greatful if you could share it with me!

I'm sure everyone is scared at first after they're just thrown into something like this and are unaware of it. I am spiritual to begin with so I'm lucky I followed my gut instinct and looked into it, that has brought me here!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Hi Lemons, welcome!

Wow what an experience you've had, bitter sweet with an emphasis on the sweet. That's absolutely amazing! I feel strange typing all that, because I'm really sorry for your loss yet happy for you to have a beautiful farewell. The sunlight sounds magical.😊

I have read exactly that about the static, that it's the first, or one of the first, things you start to 'notice'. There is a physical explanation for this (or somewhat my take on one). What we see isn't actually what we see. As we know our mind flips our vision, to right way up, because our lens receives it reversed. But on top of this we are actually looking through veins, blood vessels, all kinds of stuff. Which our mind filters out so we don't 'notice'. We are essentially looking through somewhat of a wire door, but we've been doing it since forever and we don't notice the 'wire' anymore. That wire being veins and blood vessels. So I wonder if this is also some of the static we pick up on, as we become more sensitive to the other side.

It's very important to keep yourself cleansed and protected, are you familiar with any such ritual or blessing? It doesn't have to be religious, or it can be depending on your belief. Either way if you're becoming more attune to the supernatural side of life then it's best to keep yourself shielded somehow.

Perhaps those eyes you feel on you have always been there, same with the other stuff you mentioned. However it could be new, and either good or bad, hard to tell right now. Cleansing/protecting will keep negative ghosts and entities away from you and only let in positive energy, ghosts and entities.

You may also be scared because you're still grieving. You may have to give that time. However, I would still look into a shielding/cleansing of your choice. It's the first thing we all must learn as we became more sensitive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: