You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Protector

Real Ghost Stories

My Protector

 

This is my fourth and final experience (to date) with the supernatural.

I got divorced in 2006 and met my second husband and soul mate a few days before the divorce was finalized (We married in October 2008). In early 2008, my husband, J, told me of a house that we could rent but that the owner had shot and killed his wife and then himself in the house.

We arrived at the house to find all the children, grandchildren and spouses of the deceased couple busy going through the contents of the house. Needless to say the house was very untidy. In the bathroom we found a bouquet of flowers on the floor of the shower with a bloodstain (that had not been successfully cleaned) in the doorway from the bathroom to the corridor. Apparently the murder/suicide had taken place approximately 7-10 days before.

After some discussion we agreed to rent the house and moved in a month later. The bathroom had been completely renovated. However, the stain on the carpet remained no matter how many times I washed it.

Right from the start there was one room that I really didn't like and avoided as far as possible. If I had to enter the room I always felt threatened but the rest of the house felt calm and peaceful.

On other occasions I would be sitting somewhere when I would suddenly feel extremely cold only on one side of my body. This feeling became very familiar to me. Some of our visitors also described the sudden cold. And, I always knew when there was a "spirit" near me. There were times that I felt very threatened and others that I felt calm and protected.

One very clear experience I had was in 2009. I had just been discharged from hospital after a bout of severe bronchitis. The same day I arrived home, J left on a hunting trip for the weekend, which meant that I was at home alone. I really was not comfortable and felt uneasy and threatened. I must admit, for the first time ever, I was a little scared. But, still not feeling up to par, I climbed into bed and lay alternatively watching TV and dozing. The TV was to the front and right of where I was lying.

Later that evening around 21h00, I got up to get some coffee and a sandwich but kept feeling that I was in danger, serious danger, so I checked all the doors and windows, then went back to bed. No sooner had I turned on my side when I felt someone sit on the bed behind me. You know the feeling where your body involuntarily rolls toward the person sitting down and the blankets pull tight across your legs? Well, that is exactly what I felt, and, from the weight it was definitely an adult.

I glanced over my shoulder but there was nothing there. Thinking that it just might be side effects from all the medication I had been on, I kicked the blankets loose and snuggled down once more. The minute I came to rest the exact same thing happened again. I immediately sat up and looked around.

Now, my room was in no way dark. The TV was on and the streetlamp was also reflected into my room. So, even though it was dusky, I could clearly see everything, but there was nothing.

Once again I chalked the feelings off as being a side effect of the medication so this time I turned around facing the door but watching TV over my shoulder. No sooner had I settled down when I again felt someone sit on the bed behind me, same rolling of the body and blankets being pulled tight against my legs. I immediately sat up straight and again there was nothing. Needless to say I spent the night sleeping in an upright position.

When J returned from his hunting trip I told him what had happened. I also told him that I felt one threatening spirit and one that was protecting me. My husband just poo pooed the idea and said I have an active imagination although he still believed what I told him.

If I told J anything about what I felt or experienced, he would say out loud, "you had your turn here and you messed up. This is my house now so you are not welcome."

J had never experienced anything in the house.

Towards the end of the year we moved into another house. All the furniture had been moved but not J's stuff from the garage nor the surround sound that had been mounted to the walls.

Whilst moving, I was still working but J had decided to take a few days leave in order to move the last items from the house and to supervise the cleaning of the walls and carpets.

On the Friday morning, I went to work while J went to the house. When I got home around 13:30, J was in the garden of the new house and immediately came to me to tell me the following.

While in the house alone, removing the surround sound, he was sitting on the floor right in the center of the lounge. (The lounge was a very long rectangular shape with windows at either end) While undoing the wires and rolling them up, a small plastic connector hit him hard between the shoulder blades bounced up against the ceiling and came down to rest near his feet. (It hit him so hard it actually caused a bruise) J immediately left the house. All the while he was telling me this I was screaming with laughter at the look of total disbelief (yeah, I know I'm an evil (b) witch but the way in which he told me, was priceless).

In any case, we went back once more to do a final check but J stayed just one step behind me all the way. The slightest sound had him jumping which in turn had me in fits of laughter. But he was genuinely terrified and more than relieved to be out of there.

As I said in my previous experiences, I do not scare easily and even if I am scared, I refuse to show fear.

Blessings and I wish you all well

Other hauntings by annie16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, annie16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nataschalo (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
annie,i laughed when I heard of the part where J also had a experienced in the house. It made me think of my husband, he would of reacted the same if we had to go back. 😁
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
I have experienced the sensation of something on my bed many times, but thankfully it has always felt like a cat jumping up and walking around. A ghost cat, I can handle, but a person-sized guest on my bed would have done me in. Your bravery is impressive. Poor J can't hold a candle to you.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Thanks Red. I will definitely do this. I was actually reading his cleansing ritual when your comment popped up. Coincidence? I think not...
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Annie
I just loved your story. The protector was probably the victim. It takes a coward to kill someone then themself. I love how J had his experience of getting hit with a small plastic connector and then jump at every sound.
I'm glad you are in a new place but I also recommend that you do a cleansing/shielding on your new home. Rookdygin has one on his profile page that many members have used with great success.
Regards
Red
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Thanks Miracles. I still laugh at J for what happened. He definitely knows that there is "something out there" but he is in denial.
Thank you Tweed. The entity on my bed was definitely there for protection. There was something very, very dark in that house and this spirit always stepped in. I definitely felt uneasy but only because this presence made itself so obvious. I mean how could you ignore it?
Hecate, thank you. Fortunately I have not experienced anything since that day but I have learnt how to protect myself.
DBD, Thanks, the blood HAD been cleaned but no matter what we did the stain would reappear. I washed this stain at least once a week but as soon as the carpet dried, the stain was back.
Sheetal, thank you. As I said, I do not scare easily and I thought that knowing the history made it OK but I wouldn't make that mistake again. 😆
Thank you for your comment, I really love that we can discuss and clarify on this site.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Hey... Annie you explained it very neatly... The most scary part is the bloodstain was not removing.

P.s: You two were very brave to live in the house which has this kind of brutal murder taken place. If I would have been at place I can't do it ever. 😨
DeathByDonut (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Annie:
Anyways your story is just awesome. Loved reading it.

Yours respectfully,
DBD
DeathByDonut (guest)
-2
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Annie:
I don't know how can someone not clean bloodstains after 7-10 days. This sounds weird to me.
Even if the house isn't cleaned neatly then too no one would leave a bloodstain uncleanes.

Yours respectfully,
DBD
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Annie,

Great story! Seems the old guy didn't like being told he screwed up his chance. Plastic connector in flight. I am glad you moved. Easier sometimes, in the long run. On general principles, you might want to do a house cleansing/blessing on your new home.

Thanks for sharing. Best to you.

Hecate
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
haha Annie sorry for your husband's fear on that day but sooo glad he got a taste of it too! 😆
I wonder what was up with someone sitting on your bed. What did you feel when that happened? Was it fear like you had experienced earlier?

Thank you for sharing your experiences, they've been great to read. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
annie - loved this retelling of your experience 😊 Someone sitting on the bed is a very startling thing, isn't it?

I had a long chuckle at J's experience (and expense LOL). I have an ex who had to experience something first-hand before he'd believe me. Quite annoying to be honest 😕

I take it if this is your last (for now), you haven't experienced anything where you live now?

Thanks for sharing this with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: