You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Deep Voice Spoke Loudly 2 Of 3

Real Ghost Stories

A Deep Voice Spoke Loudly 2 Of 3

 

Thank you all for the generous and kind responses on the first of my events with this deep frightening voice. I now shall tell of the second time I heard, sensed or felt that same voice.

After the tremendous fear from first hearing the unearthly, deep, thunderous voice, I found I could not speak of it, not even to my Dad. Little did I know, I was to hear it again, only about six months later.

The winters in the hills, at times were unbearable, the old wood stove (yes we had two stoves) made our large farm kitchen cozy. Our boots and shoes placed under it, a rack screwed onto the wall behind it drying gloves, and socks. However, if you travel down the hallway a few steps the temperature dropped quickly, the furnace unable to cope with the New England frigid winds. How fortunate I was to have the closeness of our farm dog Shadow sharing my sleeping quarters, my dog by night, my Dad's dog by day.

On this particular night, she lay in a deep sleep, off duty, and I also, doing the same beside her. The time was after midnight, my Dad also asleep across the hall and around the corner.

I jolted up to a sitting position, eyes watering, oh not again. The same loud sound in my brain, "FIRE-GIRL-FIRE" not again... Oh please not... Instantly leaning my head out my bedroom door and down the hallway to where our wood stove had been overfilled with firewood, hardwood gathered by my Dad, off the land on an earlier fall day.

A glow of red coal around the stove pipe, small yellow/orange flame catching fire to our kitchen paneling. Dad, Dad, wake up-get up. Once the over worked man was finally awake he moved with unnatural speed, getting pans from the cupboard and I trying to help, he barking out, throwing me instructions. The man worked with urgency, the vital cold water spilling oddly on the wood floor under the stove.

In truth, the immediate danger was passed quickly, the additional fire contained within the chimney. Taking the last filled pan, he took the stairs two at a time, and as a precaution wetting the hardwood floors by the chimney, the unfinished rooms empty, around him. That done he raced down from top to the bottom myself following closely, opening the metal door at the base of the hot bricks, small chunks of glowing creosote that had created inside the pipe over time. Floating down.

Later,sitting at the kitchen table we both calmed down over a cup of tea before returning to bed. "what made you wake up, how did you know?" Shrugging my shoulders and looking down, I replied, "I don't know I just did" knowing that I could not speak of this fearful communication I had developed with this unusual lifesaver.

Other hauntings by msforgetmenott

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msforgetmenott, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-27)
Hello Mystic,

I sold my Dad's home in the year 2000 as I was to give 50% to my sister. We put a land value on the farm land across the street and up the mountain to be the same value and we camped and farmed it during summer. We had to sell the farm land, as we both have serious health problems. Still saddens me, probably always will.

Jan
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-27)
Hello, Msforgetmenot!

Do you still live in the your childhood house? In this house? Sounds interesting and I would love to read more stories from you... From that house.

Nice story, by the way.
Regards.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Thank you both very much Nataschalo, and annie,
I am trained as an artist, but not writing. I do not think I would in general, write well. I would say it is the subject.
Thank you both
Jan
Nataschalo (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
I have loved reading since I was a child and must say that I love your stories.
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
I have to agree with babygoatpuller, I absolutely love your writing skills. As far as spelling is concerned, well that's what spell checker is for. You should really try and write even if you write about your life and experiences. There are 2 sites called free e-books or Foboko books where you can publish free to test the waters so to speak... You're definitely one of my favourites.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Thank you Wish-Not, Your Flattering, and kind. I am working on the last event. It felt good so many were interested. I had a boring life back then I probably remember it so clearly as not much usually happened day to day.
Jan
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Hi Tweed,
Please read, many responses are very informative. I have to go back and research what has been said. All kinds of directions to take.
Your take was very different than mine, in that way it said GIRL, like it couldn't be bothered to remember my name. However it sure got my attention.
I do think there is a deep connection to the land but perhaps far back before the white man settled.
There is some Native Indian in my Mom's family all we know is North East, possibly Eastern Canadian coast or Maine. I have tried, but found no or few records were kept and unable to make a connection.
My thoughts as a girl, is that it was spoken as if it knew little English or found speaking hard to do. I may never know.
Thank you for you thoughts Tweed.
Jan
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
babygoatpuller (interesting name)
I am the worst speller, I would make no money as a writer.
When telling of an event from your past it all comes back to you.
For a long time I wanted to write about this in YGS, I was afraid they wouldn't think I was truthful.
It feels good to talk with others about it.
Jan
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
msforgetmenott- I'm right there with baby g, loved this one as much as the first one.

Well be waiting on the next. Thanks for sharing
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
Bravo! Msforgettmenot, your lifesaver is sooo cool and so are you!

I'm not well versed on all of the previous comments to your last stories. (I will go back and read the latest comments at some stage) I know there was talk of your Native American roots and roots to the land where you lived. Which echoes something which occurred to me about this voice. The way in which it says 'girl', I love it's use of the word 'girl' it sounds so lovingly protective and forthright, commanding safety. I was wondering if this voice is somehow linked to the Native American roots in either your land or your family or maybe even both. It reminds me of someone who is a proud protector and teacher of women, particularly young women. I have very limited knowledge about the different tribes but I was wondering if this train of thought somehow clicked with something within your roots. The sound of the voice maybe relevant to this too. Some kind of chant, meditation, or even a substance which was used to induce an enlightened consciousness, which may have altered someones voice, or mood so that the voice was spoken in this manner, by an already wise speaker with an already deep voice, thus making the voice appear even more out of this realm than it already was.

Thank you so much for sharing. 😊 Hope I made some sense!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-03)
I love your writing skills msforgetmenott. You have a special way of bringing the reader into your realm. Which btw, has me holding my breath without even realizing it!

I don't have much to offer other than to say that it sounds as if you have a powerful protector. Please do take Frangelica and Biblio's advice and learn to accept it without fear. Once you take the fear out, the rest should come easy. 😊

You and your accounts are going into my favs and I can't wait to read more!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: