You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black And White Figures

Real Ghost Stories

Black And White Figures

 

First off, let me tell you a little bit about myself since it is my first post. I am fourteen years old, and I live in an old house that was built in the 1940's. I talk to my grandfather a lot and he says that his uncle died in the front yard (important). I have always believed in the supernatural, but I never thought I would become involved with it.

Ever since I could remember a black figure has always been in the corner of my eye. When I would look to see what it was, it would disappear. Until last night. Last night was the most activity I have ever had.

I am on vacation visiting my grandparents in Florida. The room I was sleeping in had a closet mirror and the mirror reflected the bathroom. It was around ten or eleven o'clock when I started hearing strange noises outside the window. So I blocked it out and continued to watch the television. In the corner of my eye I could see the mirror and a white figure in the bathroom. When I would look there would be nothing. It happened about ten or twenty times until I went to sleep. Now the thing that is different is that this figure was white not like the black one.

Does anybody know the difference between them? I do not know much about ghosts and I would love to have somebody teach me more about them. But I'm not sure what this was was it my imagination? Was it a actual ghost? Was it my guardian angel? Or was the black figure the one that I see at my house my great-great-uncle? What it was, I'm not sure. But if any of you may know please tell me what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CHUNKYB3AR, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
The black that disappears when you try to look at it sounds like a shadow person. They are pretty common and there are a lot of theories about what they are: ghosts, inter-dimensional beings, time travelers, etc. From what I have read, they seem to be fairly innocuous, and are not associated with menace or mischief. Some people report they do not even seem aware of our presence. I had a shadow person experience when I was very young, and it has stayed with me for many years. It terrified me, although I don't think they are evil. At least I hope not. I don't have any ideas about the white figure, but I agree with Tweed that you should not make any assumptions based on color. Keep an open, but critical mind and I'm sure you will be able to find some answers.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Hi B3AR, Tweed has given you really good advice. In your journal, you should also note how you feel, especially things like threatened or peaceful. And even think about details like time of day and weather conditions. I am sensitive to barometric changes. Also, do you have pets? If so, note their behavior.

With a cleansing, you might be able to help your great-uncle move on, if this is what is there.

Thanks for sharing. Best to you.
Hecate
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Hi Chunky and welcome,

Always good to hear from people with a keen interest in the paranormal.
The best thing you can do right now is start a journal. This is how you'll learn to figure out clues and any messages the ghosts around you may want to communicate.
Also please do look into cleansing and shielding methods. This will keep any troublesome ghosts from entering your life and only let through the good individuals.

Unfortunately there's no black and white answers to your black and white figures.😆 Experiencing corner of eye apparitions is very common. Many of the people here feel that seeing a ghost in this way is down to the ghost not using enough energy (or low energy) to manifest (show) themself completely. So seeing a dark figure from time to time is likely nothing to worry about. The ghost may not even mean for you to see them.
Dark figures and white figures don't mean good and evil. Every situation is different and every ghost is different. Which brings us back to the importance of starting a journal. 😉

Thanks for sharing, hope you continue to share with us and feel free to ask questions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: