You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: You Can Feel It

Real Ghost Stories

You Can Feel It

 

Alright so something strange has been going on for a while now. You can feel that something is off. Every time I go out at night, I watch my back cause I'll never know what's watching me.

Like a month ago, my dad told my mom that when he got off at work (3 am) one night, that he was just looking out the porch and he'd seen a tall, black shadow come up from between two houses across the street and start floating towards the sidewalk. He described it as looking almost like a floating shadowy dress. So he followed it for a bit, until it just disappeared behind a car. He said he felt goosebumps when he'd seen it.

A couple weeks ago, I was coming home from my friends house around like 11 pm. So as I was about to unlock the door to the house (you have to open the porch door first, to get to the house door), I heard someone or something, whisper into my ear. I can describe it as sounding like another language, similar to when Harry Potter is talking in that snake language to the snake in the movie. I was terrified and froze in place, I know I wasn't hearing things because it sounded so clear and as if someone was in the porch with me.

Also when I was at the park, like 2 weeks ago, I was there just hanging out with my friends around 12 pm and we were sitting between 2 big pine trees, so basically it was almost pitch black except for the street lights giving off a little light. So like 15 minutes later I thought I saw someone running on the other side of the park in between 2 other big pine trees. I thought I was just seeing things so I shrugged it off. Then after a couple of seconds, just out of curiosity, I turned my head to the direction of where I had seen the shadow, and I saw it again, but this time it was standing towards us and when I faced it, it looked like it got sucked into the ground or something. I told my friends what I had seen and we left.

Then a few days ago my brother told me that he heard my dad talking about some ghostly lady that he'd seen last night that appeared right in front of his face. He hasn't told my mom or anyone yet. He said that it follows him around, according to what my brother heard him saying to one of his friends on the phone.

Other hauntings by SegaGK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SegaGK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
samtille,
What I said was I nust have been seeing things because rather than disappearing he seemed to go into the ground. The man had killed his wife and kids so he belonged in hell.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Hi Rook, thank you for the explanation. Its very much appreciated.
Johnny_Blart (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Rook:
Thanks for the valuable information in comments. Didnt need to ask questions, now.

However, do you think that the spirit is attached to writer and her dad (Father and Daughter) and wants to tell something as it is following writer even in park away from home?
SegaGK (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Yea, My dad had just got off work when he seen it. Also, yea I meant 12 am and I'm 18 years old by the way. I'm positive I heard that whispering in my porch because it made my hairs stand on end and I had this feeling of dread all over me.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
samtillie,

It may, or may not, mean anything.

The spirit MAY have drawn energy from the ground to help manifest... If that was the case then as the energy level dropped it 'may' seem like the spirit 'disappeared' into the ground.

The Spirit MAY have been an EARTH Spirit in which case it simply returned from 'whence' it came. Best example of this would be a Earth Elemental.

The Spirit MAY be attempting to draw attention to the particular spot it 'disappeared' into.

I'm sure there may be other reasons, but these are the few that came to mind 'right off the bat'.

Respectfully,

Rook
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
What does it mean when the spirits disappear into the ground? This is the second story I've read on here today that states this. The other story is Redwolf's.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
A few questions...

Did you Dad get off at 3am and see this 'shadow' after getting home or was he home already and actually saw the shadow at 3am?

Are you in your early teens 13-15, mid-teens 16-17 or late teens 18-19? Just a range is needed not you exact age. As your body and mind develope you MAY becoming sensitive to spirits...

Or: The whispering you heard... Could it have been a loud radio from a street or two over? Distance can be 'mis-judged' when relying slowly on a single sense (such as hearing).

A quote from your experince...

"I was there just hanging out with my friends around 12 pm and we were sitting between 2 big pine trees, so basically it was almost pitch black except for the street lights giving off a little light."

I a sure you meant 12am becasue even during the worst storms 12pm (mid-afternoon) its never 'pitch black'.

With the lighting conditions you have desrcibed its hard to say if this may have been a real person moving at the edge of the park, a spirit or entity 'watching' you or just a 'trick of the shadows'.

You have mentiond things do not 'feel' right... Start a Journal... Make note of ALL of the odd events...Time, Place, Weather Conditions... Who you were with... Who 'saw or heard' what... ALL the details. Then go back and try to debunk what was experienced. Rule out everything normal or natural.

Puberty brings on MANY changes to our Minds and Bodies... And during this time spirits, entities may be attracted to us... OR 'excess energy' gets released from our bodies and causes things to be seen... Objects to move...ect:

Thanks for sharing, please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: