You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Conservation Area Ghost Sighting

Real Ghost Stories

Conservation Area Ghost Sighting

 

This sighting took place in 1978 in the north section of Fairfield Connecticut located just south of exit 44 off route 15 Merritt parkway.

One evening in the fall season a couple of friends and myself were out and about in an area that was owned by the H. Smith Richardson golf course called the conservation area. We where exiting the park through a small trail that would only allow use to walk single file. As we exited to where the cars are parked my friend in front of me, me being second, stopped short and I then looked at what he saw to be an apparition form and disappear from just behind what would be about the bumper height of a vehicle just parked in front of us at the end of the trail. My friend behind me didn't catch this image being that the apparition dissipated before he could see it. He then proceeded to walk around the car only to see or hear nothing.

This was the only time I felt in my heart that I saw a ghost. There was no sound on the leaf covered ground to convince me otherwise. This image is in my mind as to someone or something peeking from behind a car and pulled back when we spotted it. I know the area to be very old with a lot of Native Americans who once resided there.

This park is located on Congress St. What I can describe to you is that this figure had no pure definition with no sharp outline to it what so ever. It was a grey to white color and moved very fluently as it peeked out from behind the car. My friend in front saw it peek out and we both saw it retreat behind the car. The reason my friend behind me went to check it out was because he didn't see this figure. This happened so fast within a few seconds. My friend in front saw a face. He tried to draw it for us later. Because of his lack of artistic skills the figure ended up looking like a cartoon character. I thought it could possibly be an animal but it was so quiet and didn't make a sound when it dissipated.

Other hauntings by bigvig

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bigvig, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigvig (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-19)
Tweed
What was real weird about this event was that because Bill was in front of me drew my attention to this figure in front of us. He is not afraid of anything. I myself am kind of a wimp when it comes to unexplained things. I plan to go back to this area over the weekend to check it out again. Now I have a sense of feeling uneasy. After visiting the Union Cemetery in Easton Ct. I was not alone when I felt this uneasy feeling come over us. We both felt very nervous for a good portion of our ride back to Fairfield.
bigvig (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
My Friend Bill who was in front of me saw a face. But like I said, he was a horrible artist and drew a face like a cartoon character. I did not see a face and it was not very clear to what exactly it was. When you see something or anything you will get startled as we did. I know that I did not want to walk around the car to see who it was or what it was.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-10)
bigvig,
I had a similar experience in the last house that I lived in. I was in my bathroom for whatever reason. I noticed that the cabinet door was open a little. I passed by the cabinet and I noticed a little hand. I thought great we have rats. I looked at the open cabinet and saw this little creature that was a little shorter than a foot tall and like you I couldn't make out any features. In a moment the door shut. This whole thing took less than 15 seconds. I opened the cabinet door this creature had opened and nothing was there. What was this? A ghost,goblin,fae,fairy? Oh my!
Regards
Red
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
That was definitely a creepy experience. A ghost on a golf course parking lot isn't something you'd expect to see. 😕
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
bigvig,
I would think an animal would have presented you with some sort of outline. Be more distinct in shape at least. Did the face your friend draw resemble anything?
Johnny_Blart (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
BigVig:
WT...
(Sorry for that)

Some of my friends had a quite similar experience while they were taking a stroll in an abandoned park. However, the apparition ran away/disappeared as soon as it saw my friends.

Anyway a nice creepy story and well-narrated. It felt like, I was in that experience with you.

Tweed:
OMG! Looks like you had a similar experience too. Would like to read it 😁
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Bigvig, thanks for your story. Sounds like you and your friend got quite the startle! Do you think you also startles it? I am interested in Tweed's car connection. I also wonder if your friend's drawing looked cartoon-ish because of how Tweed described it, more bizarre than human. I cannot wait to hear more, especially the cross-continental similarities again.

Best to you!

Hecate
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
OOOHHH LORDY! I was just about to ghagh!

Big Vig,

(Sorry)
I have seen something like this! When you said: "...figure had no pure definition with no sharp outline to it what so ever. It was a grey to white color and moved very fluently as it peeked out from behind the car." I almost jumped down the screen! Urgh so similar to something I saw 30 years ago. Massive coincidence, I was going to submit an experience I had in the 80's this week but got distracted by nonsense.
Did this figure look like it was very thin?! Can you remember anything else about the face your friend described? The thing I saw had a very vague outline of a face, but not exactly a human looking face just totally bizarre. Also was it doing anything to the car, that you remember, anything at all? I'm full of questions and very curious.😊

THANK YOU for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: