You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: My Boyfriend's Basement

Real Ghost Stories

My Boyfriend's Basement

 

My boyfriend lives in the basement of his grandparents house. They would always tell me stories of a ghost down there. It always included someone yelling their name and when they went to check out who it was, no one would be around. I never experienced any of this the numerous times I had stayed there.

About two weeks ago, I came home from school to visit him. He gets up for work every morning at 3:45 and leaves around 5:15. Normally I will just sleep in and go home later in the morning. One morning around 5:30 after he left, I laid in bed and fell back asleep. I was awoken and was being shook. It felt as though someone had a hold of me and was shaking me. I could not move, I just laid there and I felt this weird presence over me.

Then I looked to my right to the side of the bed and there was this thing I felt standing there. All I could see was two blurry white shapes as if they were eyes. I just starred and I couldn't move. I just kept telling myself that it was all a dream and nothing was happening and then once I was able to look away, everything let go. I freaked out and tried to go back to bed, after being unsuccessful, I went home. I have never slept alone in that basement since.

Am I crazy? I asked his whole family about what they had experienced in the past and if this was in any way related, they all thought I was dreaming and said never before had anything like that happened. It felt very mean to me, like it wanted me out of the bed, like it didn't want me there. It just has this mean stare, that is like infused in my brain.

After that my boyfriend Mike says that more weird things have been happening to him. Lately he said that he will throw his comforter on the ground in the morning before he leaves for work and when he gets back, his bed is made. He has asked his family members if they have been doing this and everyone says no.

What is going on in this basement? His grandparents were the first ones to live in this house, they have lived there for about 40 years and things always happen in the basement. They live in Rock Falls Illinois.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Danielle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

drawitbig (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
if the ghost isn't harming any one to injure them, in anyway, you can just leave it be. But if it's a demon, get a priest.
Fragmaster (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-21)
Cool as long as it made my bed and didn't do anything to harm me I would be happy =p
9samo9 (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-18)
man that might have been scary if I were you

BoyfriendS house and sleep there in the basement with him?
safire (3 stories) (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
I agree with the thought of it ebing soem who is taking care of your boyfriend. Probably an older woman, was it more of a dissaproving gaze? She could be angry that you were sleeping in his bed, being the young girl that you are. 😳 it probably feels protective of the people in that house, and it doesn't know it so it's troubled and trying to figure out exactly who you are and what you're up to.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
It does sound as if this entity is tied to the basement somehow. I would also venture to guess that it is a female and "takes care" of your boyfriend. I really can not imagine a male spirit making a bed, but then...
Thank you for sharing your story.
Gatz (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
Hi Danielle, From the sounds of it, it seems what you experienced what some sort of sleep paralysis, where all you can move is your eyes if even that. I have had it happen to me but mine wasn't that bad, just felt like something was holding me down on my chest. You could try burning some lavender inscence around the room, or simply when you feel eerie try telling it to leave. What ever you do, do not do a oujia board down there for that might provoke something worse or uncontrolable. Good luck, keep us updated
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi, Danielle. Has your boyfriend picked up a ghostie admirer? Jealous of you and makes his bed? Seriously, does your boyfriend have frightening experiences or dark feelings? Since his family hasn't had anything unusual happen anywhere but the basement, maybe it's something bound in the basement of the house. Chris might be right about it being the land itself. Try to ask the spirit to move on. Tell it you aren't comfortable with it and you want it to leave. Tell it that it needs to move on. Be nice, you wouldn't want to make it mad!
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
My ex's house was creepy too, I always felt like the ghost didn't like me, things would happen when I came over. I felt like it was trying to spook me into leaving, I hated it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Hi danielle. I believe that the land of the house could have been haunted. Even before the house was even built. I think that the house is haunted by somone. Ghost don't like changes. I don't know how long you have been coming to your boyfriends house but ask him if things started to go a little more wierd since you have been coming to the house. I hope to here from you soon and takecare

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: