You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Unwanted Presence

Real Ghost Stories

Unwanted Presence

 

It was late at night when it happened to me. I was freakishly terrified. It was a long day and I was tired. My sister had turned off the lights and went in bed, we share a bed so I slept next to her. For some reason, I couldn't go to sleep. Yeah, I'm afraid of the dark... I put the covers over me even though it was burning hot, my heart was racing, I didn't want to hear anything creepy nor see anything.

I kept quiet, I just laid there. I couldn't take it no more and so I started to turn on my other side. Until, I paused. I couldn't move, or say anything. I gasped for breath and tried to move my feet and fingers. I was completely paralyzed, I opened my eyes and saw this huge black figure standing before me, I blinked a couple of times so I couldn't really make out the details. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I tightly closed my eyes as cold chills went down my spine. I could feel it, tears coming out of my eyes. I was so scared, I didn't know what to do. But then I quickly turned almost smacking my arm on my sister but luckily I stopped in time. I looked over to see the figure had turned a pupleish blueish and it disappeared. I wiped my tears, and woke up my sister.

Believe it or not, but this is based on something that did happen. I don't know for sure, but I believe it was trying to MAKE me go to sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alyssa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Hello Alyssa. I think this must have been sleep paralysis also. Mustang, in one of her comments once said that she felt as if she may have "rolled into" an entity. Apparently there are a multitude of different feelings associated with this phenomenon. Is this the only thing that seems to be unexplained that happened in this room/home?
Thank you for your story.
nicole122306 (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-02)
❤ I think that this was really interesting, I'm not sure what could have happened but I think what you might have said could have been true about trying to make you go to sleep. Thanks for sharing your story =)
Gatz (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-01)
yea it does seem like that, maybe also a case of false awakening? Maybe it happened so fast that you didn't know you fell asleep but were actually asleep while feeling awake which would kind of explain the sudden burst you got to move your arm. Not sure but I do agree it sounds def. Like sleep paralysis
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
I am with Kim and Ohiowatha on this one. Classic example of sleep paralysis.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
You should look-up "sleep paralysis..." This is a totally natural phenomenom that, in short, occurs becuase, usually, your brain shuts-down for the night and then all your nerves throughout your body shut-down after the brain has. When you awake, this process reverses itself and your nerves throughout your body awaken first and your brain awakens last. But sometimes, your brain awakens before your nerves have and you are temporarily "paralyzed..."

There is some evidence to suggest that because your body is out-of-synch, certain parts of your brain are not fully awake yet, either, namely, the back of your brain where your occipital lobe is located. This lobe is responsible for vision and it could be that when people typically see this "black figure" associated with sleep paralysis, they're actually experiencing a break in the dialogue between the retinas and the occipital lobe so that you think you're seeing something that isn't there.

This is a very, very common complaint on these boards, but a commonly dispelled problem by modern science. Chances are, your body and brain weren't working as seamlessly as usual is all.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-31)
Maybe sleep paralysis? Have you had other occurances in the house? Has anyone in your family experienced any occurances?

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: