You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Reassuring Visit

Real Ghost Stories

A Reassuring Visit

 

This is not my story, but my great grandmother's. She is now 98 years old and asked if I could share it for her.

My great grandmother has 9 children, 8 of who are still living today. Her oldest child died at the age of 4, when he fell into a canal. She and her husband were devastated, and spent a long time recovering. They filled the gap in their lives with 8 more children, 3 girls and 5 boys.

55 years later, her husband passed away of old age. (This was all before I was born.) She was, naturally, heartbroken, and it was even harder to cope as now all of her children had moved out and she was now by herself. Her oldest daughter came to live with her and help her through her hard times.

One night, when her daughter had gone to the grocery store, my grandmother was sitting in her favorite chair watching Wheel of Fortune (amazing how she still remembers these things). She was having a really hard time dealing with her loss and was trying to distract herself. Then, right in front of her she saw her late husband appear, and he was holding hands with a small boy... Their son who had died. They were smiling and they waved at her. They didn't say anything, and soon disappeared, smiling as they went. My grandmother knew that they were watching over her, and knew her husband belonged up in heaven with their son now.

After her encounter, she never saw them again, but knows they are happy together, and that in turn makes her happy knowing they are waiting for her to join them.

To this day she talks about how excited she is to go see them again. I myself have only seen one ghost before (and that's a different story), but I know that by the way my great grandmother describes her experience, how teary eyed she gets, that she really did see them and she is so happy knowing that they are together.

Other hauntings by omggraceyloves01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, omggraceyloves01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sn69 (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
I do feel sorry for the incident... However, this definitely goes to my fav list...😁
Regards & respects to you
Sn69
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Omggraceyloves01,. Thank you for sharing this beautiful and heart warming story 😁...
omggraceyloves01 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
RedWolf- My great grandfather was 89 when he died. My great grandmother now has 25 grandchildren and close to 90 great grandchildren.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Gracy,
What a beautiful story. I have to know how old your great grandfather was if he died of old age before you were born and your great grandmother is 98. He must have been a great deal older than her. Also how many grandchildren and great grandchildren does she have.
Regards
Red
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
My children are both four, and I cannot imagine the terrible loss that your great grandparents must have suffered. It is so lovely that you great grandfather found a way to come through, to reassure his wife that he had found their lost little one and that they were together again. Such a beautiful and comforting story - thank you for sharing it.
bankzjoe (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Once again I believe eternity is real, this story touches alot, thanks once again
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
These kind of stories I love and thank you so much for sharing. I am always glad and feel very happy that death is NOT an End really...
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Omggraceyloves, I love your name!

I also love this story, thank so much to you both for sharing it. What a touching and powerful moment for your Gran. 😊
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Hi Gracey,

This is such a touching story... I want to believe our relatives at the other side do look after us, this story just proves it.

I wish your grandmother well, may she still have a lot of years to be with you.

Good day to you both:)
LeeLee9 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
this was actually a really beautiful story ❤ ❤ ❤, I really enjoyed it
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
I agree, the worst pain any parent can experience is loosing a child - no matter that child's age. Your poor Great Gran. No matter how many kids you have you still miss the one whose gone. I'm glad she received such a positive affirmation that one day they will be reunited.
Give her a kiss and a hug from me for allowing you to share this.
sn-e-ha (10 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
I feel sorry for her loss... Though it makes me happier to think that they are fine...
Johnny_Blart (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Omggraceyloves01:
This a very sweet story indeed. I feel very sad for your grandmother's son who died in canal. The worst thing that can ever happen to any parents is losing their first son at a very early stage. Its nice that your grandmother is trying to distract herself and that's the best thing to do in bad times.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: