You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Separate Experiences On The Same Street

Real Ghost Stories

Two Separate Experiences On The Same Street

 

Both of my experiences occurred in Derby, in the UK. They happened on the same street but different houses.

The first experience.

My first paranormal experience occurred in my family home that I spent the first 7 years of my life. This was more of a ongoing experience that I've only recently realised was most likely paranormal.

From as young as I can remember until I was about 5/6, when I went to bed at night I would always hear a woman talking, most of the time with a man but occasionally by herself. I could never quite make out what they were saying, but it was clear as if they were in my room with me. I know it wasn't my mum, because she would be downstairs in the living room where I wouldn't be able to hear her. I know it wasn't my older sister because she was only about 6-10 during the time I was hearing these voices, and it was definitely a woman's voice. My dad didn't live with us as he was separated from my mum, so it wasn't him either. There is literally no explanation to the voices, and I've never heard them since I moved from that house.

The second paranormal occurrence I experienced was when I was 11. My dad lived next door to my nan and grandad further down on the same street where the house from my first experience occurred.

A little background to the situation, my dad had recently become involved with a younger woman, and I absolutely hated her. My dad owned a snooker hall and would often come home quite late, but as my nan only lived next door, when I stayed with her I would wait up and watch for him coming home.

One particular night, during the summer, I was lying awake when I heard my dad pull up in the car park behind the houses. I looked out and saw him drive in from the entrance at the right and just before he turned left to pull up by his back gate, I caught sight of a woman sat in the passenger seat. I couldn't see too clearly, but it was definitely a woman with blonde hair, (just like my dad's new girlfriend), so I automatically assumed it was her. However, I only heard one door open and close, and that was his car door. No one else got out. For some reason my dad decided that he would come and say goodnight to me on that particular night before he went to bed, so he came into my nan's and I asked him outright who was in the car with him. He was absolutely certain he had came home alone this night, but I didn't believe him. He left to go into his house and I watched out the window, and still no one else got out the car and he entered his house alone.

I pestered him about it the next day and even went round first thing in the morning before he got up but he was the only one there. I've never really mentioned anything to him about it since because I soon realised he had come home alone, sort of.

I believe in paranormal stuff completely, but I often doubt my own experiences due to my age at the time.

Any comments or thoughts are welcome!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, charlotte1994, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

charlotte1994 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi Goggzy and chapulin1234, now that you mention it, my dad does have a sister that died not long after I was born. I know during this time when I had my experience my dad was beginning to suffer quite badly from depression, the only other time he was like that was when his sister died. Maybe that could be something to do with it?

Tweed, that's so interesting! I've mentioned it to a few people (including my sister) but I've never met someone who had a similar experience to me until now! I only remember it as it used to keep me up at night! Regarding my dad in car experience, there is obviously a chance it was her, however despite my feelings my dad was usually upfront with me if she was there or not. All I remember about her appearance is that she looked young, had a pale colouring and had very light blonde hair. I didn't really pay much attention to what she was wearing so I can't remember at all, but nothing seemed out of context.

RedWolf, that's an interesting story! My dad however didn't seem to be aware that anyone was next to him!

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions! ❤
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Hi Charlotte
This sounds like the urban myth we have here in the states. A youngish man picks up a blonde teenager and she gives him address, he drops her off. The next day he goes to the address and knocks on the door and asks for the girl and her parents how she was. The parents answer that their daughter answer that daughter died anywhere from a year ago to 20 years ago.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Hi Charlotte,

The voices you heard at a young age are very intriguing as you didn't work it out until you were much older. I have a few similar experiences like this, where a tender age has spared me any suspicion that something was up.

The woman in your Dad's car could be a lot of things. Including your Dad's girlfriend at the time. It may be that he didn't want to upset you by being seen with her. Adults do some mighty stupid things and try to cover them up from youngsters.
Looking at this in the paranormal sense, was there anything you remember about the woman in the car, something about her clothing perhaps, her appearance which struck you as 'off' or out of context?
chapulin1234 (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Interesting, maybe it would be good idea to check old family photos, or maybe you are just open to see them:)
Cheers!,
Chapulin
Goggzy (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
This could be the same woman who was in your house as a child and most likely is a intelligent haunting. You should look through any house records for both houses and look for the same surname and you may find the woman lived in one as a kid and the oter as a adult. Another thing is she could be a member of your dads family keeping an eye on your family.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: