You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: An Evp Recording

Real Ghost Stories

An Evp Recording

 

I wanted to share this evp recording. It was recorded by my sister's daughter at her home using an evp app in her cellphone. She wasn't really expecting to catch anything special but on listening to this recordings later she thought it would be good to share it.

Video consists of her asking in hindi, "yaha koi hai? Agar hai to Jawab do " (is anyone here? If yes, answer). This is followed by a voice answering what appears to us, "mai hu..." (I am here) at 0:12 sec.

A short history of the house: it's second floor apartment of a building. And they have heard footsteps and breathing sounds at night. But nothing more has been experienced there. There was a private hospital on first floor with an ICU where many people have breathed their last breath. Now this hospital has been shifted and the place is rented by a family who have reported hearing a baby cry in their apartment at midnight. Besides there is a small house with an open space in the middle and a tree in that place. The family who lived there left that place a month ago and it's empty and locked. This place is clearly visible from the window of the house and it is covered by dry leaves fallen from the tree. Footsteps walking on the dried leaves have been heard when nobody was there and the place was locked. I don't know if all this is relative to each other but I shared it all.

Here is the link to the video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyEgcFWTKCY

It's not much but wanted to share. Hope you like it. Any comments or explanation are welcome. Thank you.

Other hauntings by snowflakes211

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snowflakes211, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-29)
Hi Snow Flakes, Just like to know that whether that house is haunted also there are many Natural Phenomena occurs in this World. God Bless All.
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Thanks tweed. I am glad you enjoyed it. I don't know much about evp too.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Snowflakes, wow I am new to the world of EVP recordings and so far I find them very fascinating. AA has given some great advice which I agree with, regarding being careful what you communicate with. That chanting mantra sounds mighty wonderful too.
On a purely superficial level I really enjoyed hearing this recording. I assumed the TV was on in the background, and that the second voice, at 12 seconds, was one of her friends in the background, not a ghost's response, eek. Also I thought a car went by outside and tooted. All I can say can be summed up with an emoticon, this one 😲. I have no idea what's paranormal and what's not with this recording as I'm not experienced with EVP, but my word is it interesting.

Thanks for sharing!
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Thank you for your kind advice. Yes I am familiar with Maha mrityunjaya mantra. I would take your advice and ask my niece not to communicate with it again. Have a nice day
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Do you have any idea why your relatives would wish to communicate? If this is an intelligent haunting, I don't think you should be communicating with this possible spirit. Assuming that you are Hindu, you should have the house blessed by a pandit/pujari, since there is a lot of activity there. Or you could do it yourself. I assume you are familiar with the Maha-Mrityunjaya Mantra, but if not i'd just put the chant up.
If you chant this mantra, you will be warding off negative and evil forces and creates a powerful protective shield. And it is said to protect the one who chants against accidents and misfortunes of every kind. It is a vibration that pulsates through every cell, every molecule of the devotee's body and tears away the veil of ignorance. It ignites a fire within us that consumes all our negativity and purifies our entire system. It is also said to have a powerful healing of diseases declared incurable even by the doctors. It is a Mantra to conquer death and connects the devotee to his/her own inner divinity.

Om trayambakam yajaamahe
Sugandhim pushti - vardhanam
Urva - rukamiva bandhanan
Mrytor muksheeya ma - amritaat

Om. We worship the Three-Eyed One (Lord Shiva), who is naturally fragrant, immensely merciful and who is the Protector of the devotees. Worshiping Him may we be liberated from death for the sake of immortality just as the ripe cucumber easily separates itself from the binding stalk. By your Grace, Let me be in the state of salvation (Moksha) and be saved from the clutches of fearful death.

This is an all rounding chant and I hope it will help you.
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Hi A_A. Yes it was first time she used this app. She downloaded it from Android playstore. That's pretty good information you shared there. And she didn't hear the voice while recording. She heard it while playing it back.
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Snowflakes,
Is this the first time this app has been used? Most cell phones operate in the frequency ranges of 800 to 2200 megahertz, a human voice ranges from 20Hz to 14,000Hz, but we perceive speech mainly between 500Hz to 3000 Hz. According to the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena, the frequency for an EVP is 14,00Hz, some EVP's are recorded at less than 300 Hertz with some going down to 80Hz. Here is a link about EVP:

Http://www.paranormalghost.com/evp_frequency_ranges.htm

The reason i'm telling you this is because no app can alter a device's programming, so you don't need an app to pick up on EVP's, and humans can pick up on EVP's but not ELF (Extremely Low Frequency). This does sound like they were playing around and didn't think anything from it. Even though EVP's is not as well known as the notorious Ouija board, it is still a from of communication and I don't think they should be messing around with stuff like that.
Did your niece hear the voice while recording or when she replayed the recording? Because that can label the voice as EVP or ELF.
snowflakes211 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Hello Wardo. The whispering at the beginning is from my sister's younger daughter and her friend. But later they were quite. And yes it can be an interference of some sort. I am no expert on the matter so can't be sure. But I can tell you the television was off and there's a road that passes nearby which has some amount of traffic. But the sound at 0:11 didn't sound to me like of traffic or tv. But still all possibilities are open to be considered.
Thank you for your response though.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Wow very interesting! I could clearly hear a second voice that was lower in volume and slightly muffled. I do not speak the language so I can't say for sure what was said. Also, maybe it's the app or some other interference of some sort, but it sounds quite like whispering at the beginning of the clip. Any ideas on that? Thanks for sharing, I enjoy evidence quite immensely!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: