You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Friends New House

Real Ghost Stories

My Friends New House

 

My friend and I first became friends back in year 2. Ever since then we have been the best of friends. When he was moving house I came along for the fun of it and helped him and his family out.

At one point I was carrying a box downstairs to living room, now what you have to know is that there were only two people in the house which were me and my best friends mum. Once I got down the stairs I got a sort of cold shiver going all the way down my spine, at the same time I notice that the light in the living room was flickering. I could see the light on the wall, however when I got there and walked into the room the light stop flickering and the cold shiver was gone.

When I told my friend what happened he said to me and I quote, "oh, apparently an old man died here". Exactly at the time he finished the sentence, I have no idea why but as a reflex, I looked down the stairs and look at his dead grandad's photo on the window sill down the stairs. When I did, I noticed my friend was looking at me in confusion as he and I both had a second look at his grandad's photo and I could just feel this sort of sad energy around him saying, "I hope you will protect us grandad". My best guess is from evil is what he meant.

And even now everyday I come to his house to play. Every once in a while a get the shiver again, however I just don't talk about to him in case I scare him.

To be completely honest I don't know what it is but it could very well be his grandad watching over them and even me. It's like I've been accepted as one of the family members.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
Maris
My guess is that the grandfather didn't know you and was accessing if you were a threat. Once he saw you weren't he stopped with the lights and shivers. When you feel the shivers again just say hello Mr. X you don't have to say it out loud you can mumble or just think it. He will hear the message,
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
This is similar to one of my experiences and it is usually caused crooked steps/stairs what I would ask you to do is put a spirit level on the steps to make sure they are level. And the old man that died in the house just remember he may be there but that he is only there because he loved the place. So he wouldn't want anyone hurt.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: