You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Encounter At My Aunt's House

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Encounter At My Aunt's House

 

The following incident occurred in February 2011 at my Aunt's house in Santiago, Chile.

At this particular time, I was living at my Aunt's house. After finishing work, I arrived at my Aunt's house and much to my chagrin, she was entertaining a friend of hers, Maria. I didn't get along with Maria because whenever she visited, it usually meant that she would spend all night talking with my Aunt which meant I couldn't get any sleep. Anyway, that night at about three in the morning, everyone finally went to sleep. I had gone to bed much earlier but couldn't sleep and was soon about to find out that I wouldn't be getting any that night.

So, after finally getting some peace and quiet, I eventually would start hearing what sounded like a rubber ball bouncing in the corridor. At first I thought it might have been the cat playing with the ball but the sound was consistent and repeating as if a human was bouncing it. This scared me quite a bit, I tried calling my sister's cell phone who was sleeping in another room but she wasn't answering, so I decided I would go the toilet in the hope of waking somebody up with the noise I made but nobody awoke.

Eventually I just went back to bed. As I was lying in bed maybe a few minutes after I had gone to the bathroom, I heard footsteps in the corridor, as if somebody was walking, but walking very slowly. It was coming towards my room and I had left the door open because I felt safer with the door open. I soon realised the footsteps were in my room, and then eventually I heard the bed creak next to me, so I thought maybe my sister had seen my missed calls so I turned around and a moment after I turned around realising nobody was there, I felt someone blow air into my face.

I immediately started crying and ran out of there and to my sister's room. That night I spent the rest of the night with my sister and nothing else happened ever again. I asked my sister why she didn't respond to my calls and she said her cell had frozen.

As it turns out, Maria's mother had died only a few weeks previously. When her mother was alive they were always together, so I suspect it was the ghost of her mother that was doing this to me because Maria and I didn't get along, but I guess I will never know for sure what it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dom83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dancing_rose13 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-19)
It definitely could be Maria's mom unless past people have lived there or died there and they could be angry that other people are living there.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
When that really was Maria's mother, and she did this just to annoy you, I have to say: What a nasty piece of work, that woman. Scaring the hell out of you.

Ang it certainly was her, since you immediately thought of her being the perpetrator.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: