You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Sighting At An Abandoned Building

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Sighting At An Abandoned Building

 

This experience happened to me when I was 16 years old, in the year 2004. I had a friend named John (30 years old at that time) who has a pick up truck and he uses it load metal/steels which is left in abandoned construction sites. He would then sell the metals/steels collected to scrap metal companies for recycling. This is actually illegal and at that time it was an easy way to make money and authorities were not aware of this trade.

Me and a couple of friends would join John and help him out in collecting scrap metals at the abandoned construction sites and he would pay us $100-$200 each time we followed him.

We have gone to many abandoned construction sites that was eerie and creepy. There is this one particular abandoned building in USJ 19, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. It is now called USJ 19 Digital Mall. This building was abandoned for more than 5 years at that time.

It took us 3 days to collect all the valuable scrap metals that we wanted, coming back each day. The first 2 days we planned to clear the scrap metals on the ground floor of the building and decided not to go in too deep the floors above as the visibility is 0% and we do not know the structure inside the building, also there are many nails and sharp objects lying around.

On the 3rd day John decided to go in deeper as he went in earlier and he noticed that there were scaffolding (which can be sold at a very high price). At the entrance of the building there is 2 security guards and we have already given them $500 to let us in and not to report on us.

On the 3rd day there was 4 of us, John, Brother Maan, Nico and myself. We managed to load about 100 scaffoldings into the pick up truck and then John told us to split and go in deeper to scout and see if there are any more scaffoldings. We split into two teams. I was with my best friend Nico and John went with Brother Maan.

Me and Nico had 1 torch light with us. As we ventured deeper into the building, it became easier to access and we eventually reached the end of the building. We then turned around and decided to turn back and go out to the meeting point. The journey out was taking us longer than the time which we took to get in. After walking for half an hour we came to location where it was flooded with water up to our ankles.

All of a sudden, Nico began to pant and he kneel down. He became quiet for 5 minutes and did not utter a word. Suddenly he got up and hit me in the face and he tried to choke me while saying "kenapa Ke Mari" (it means why are you here in Malay language), he then ran off. I gave him a chase and at one point he tripped and fell. When I went near him he was unconscious and I tried to wake him up. Two to three minutes after that, John and Brother Maan came and I told them what happened. Brother Maan tried slapping him on the face and he finally woke up but he was quiet and did not say a word.

We then brought him out of the building and got into the truck and left the building. Nico's skin was pale in colour and his lips was very dry, his body was very cold too. On the way out we mentioned this incident to the security guards and they said that previously while the building was under construction, there were 3 contractors who died by falling from a collapsed floor. The guards said that they have never gone inside and they said that the construction was put on hold, not because of this incident but because the developers became bankrupt.

As we drove out about 100 meters aways from the compound, Nico suddenly took a deep breath and asked us what happened and he said that he could not remember anything. He could only remember the part where me and him was searching for the way out.

At the time of the incident, me and Nico did not have handphones and that was why we could not make any calls to John to help us find the way out.

I have lost contact with my friend Nico and the last I heard from John is that he is in jail for some offenses. I have never seen or experienced anything eerie other than this. I have always liked ghost stories and always wanted to experience seeing a ghost or anything like that but unfortunately I have never had any experience other than that.

Do comment on this incident of mine and ask many questions as you'd like. Thank you very much and hope you enjoyed reading it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abhinair, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kevin3012 (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-09-28)
Awesome story! I didn't know there are peoples died there especially now it has become Digital Mall. But when you went to searched in the building, did you smell anything weird or strong?
Goggzy (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Redwolf

I thought the same thing here in the UK they do tend to knock down building were murders etc. Happens, sometimes buildings do get left up and usually get vandalised etc., why people would keep a building that there has been as many murders as this is just wrong. Would be different if it was a tourist attraction bu it isn't.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
abhinair,
I'm glad your friend is okay, too bad you lost touch. With all the deaths associated with this building, combined with how long it stood without being finished,I'm surprised that it wasn't demolished. There are at least 8 deaths directly affiliated 9 if you count the woman who was raped and later committed suicide. Even if all but one crossed over the anger that the families have towards this building could cause one hell of a malicious entity. I hope they just take the whole building down if not for super natural reasons then for safety issues. I'm sure that there is no longer any guards except for the occasional drive around and if kids are in there poking around could get hurt.
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
You're welcome, abhinair.

Glad nothing bad has happened.

Luckily, there's nothing bad about being possessed 😆.
abhinair (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
Hi Goggzy, thanks for the reading and sharing your thoughts, also thanks you for sharing the info on the building. I've never managed to get any info on the building at that time. Nico only knew about the whole story after a couple of hours once we left the place. 😁
abhinair (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
Hi ZulaGirl, thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts. I've never had any bad luck (sickness, financial problems etc.). Life went on as usual. I have had many experience where my friends were suddenly being unusual (possesed) but nothing bad happened after that. 😁
ZulaGirl (50 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-20)
I agree. It sounds like a temporary 'jump' from a strong entity. Abandoned buildings that are left to rot are not only great environments for rats and spiders, but for entities who are either attached to the property from life, trapped there by circumstance, or drawn there by the intensity of the negative energy.

The longer these sites are left, the stronger the darkness and negative energy (like rot and mold) will grow. If the entities within are undisturbed for a long time, then they may grow surprisingly strong.

I would not be surprised if the entity who jumped your friend was as taken off guard as you were. It probably had a strong reaction to the disturbance and reacted. The only thing you can do in this situation is get out quick because the entity's ties to the environment are stronger than its bond with the person. However, if you had decided to camp out there, then the situation could become more permanent and routine.

I am not surprised by the string of bad luck that has followed those with attachments to this site and your story. If negative energy is left to fester long enough and then combined with fresh tragedies, then that is a recipe for a vortex to form. When that happens, anyone who has associations with the site can expect a rash of bad luck.

Glad you got out OK. Have you had any problems with bad luck? Injuries, sickness, deaths, or financial trouble that have accumulated or intensified since this incident?
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Abhinair:
I loved this story... Wandering in an abandoned mall building is awesome and will send chills down my spine... I am happy that you didn't get hurt 😁

Goggzy:
Thanks for the detailed information
Goggzy (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
I have looked and researched this building for you the guards were wrong all in a matter of 2 years there was 8 workers killed one being a guard and a woman was raped and later commited suicide outside the property. With my 8 years experience as a paranormal investigator I personally believe Nico was either playing a prank (if he knew about the deaths) or was possessed by the guard mentioned above.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-18)
Hi, abhinair... I liked your story... Nice to read... I am glad you was not harmed by that entity... Thanks for sharing 😁
Bela_10 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Hi abhinair! Thank you for sharing your story. 😊

I think Nico got possessed for a few seconds, that's why he couldn't remember anything.

-bela

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: