You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unexpected Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Unexpected Visitor

 

This is the first ever encounter of a ghost that someone besides myself witnessed in our 1860's stone house.

As any old farmhouse, the upstairs has one way up and one way down. In order to get to my sister's room, one must walk up the stairs through the upstairs living room, through my room, and then you'll be facing her doorway. Her light switch is in my room as well, next to my closet. Ceilings are arched with the roof and my floor has a second level underneath it due to the rafters that were once opened to the downstairs rooms, so it makes every footstep more prominent and if wanted, someone could easily crawl below underneath the floor.

My sister and I have always tried telling our parents that our house is haunted, no one would believe us. All of us would be sitting in the living room together and blatantly hear this horrendous noise, as if someone drug a dresser across the floor upstairs (my room) and they would still smile and tease us about "the ghost".

At the time we had 1 cat and 1 dog inside the house. They too would wake up unannounced from a nap and stare into the dining room. One time my sister and I were home alone when our dog Sassy woke up from a nap to snarling and hair standing up on her back staring in to the dining room. Of course, my sister and I were freaked out by this, but when we had enough courage to turn the light on in the room nothing was there.

And because of this one particular night, I cannot sit through any of the Paranormal movies. Don't get me wrong, I know they are fake and not a true paranormal documentary but the noises in that movie and the things that occurred hits too close to home... So here it is.

(Have you ever experienced a sleep so deep that when you wake up you had to sit and think about what was going on? Such as, night or morning, where are you, etc. This night I experienced just that.)

It was a school night and since I was the youngest my bed time was 9pm. My sister always sat up in her room until about 11pm with her door closed, but I could always see the light shining through the bottom of the door... Kind of acted as a night light for me.

On this night, she was already in bed and her door was opened. I dozed off... And I woke up frantically to someone running through my room and a door being slammed shut. I just figured my sister was pissed off at my mom about something, stomped through, and slammed her door... But, I was wrong.

All of a sudden my sister started screaming bloody murder, yelling at me to turn her light on and open her door. Myself, being hard headed, yelled back at her saying, "NO you did it, now you get up!" She persisted with screaming and yelling at me to open the door. I finally got up, turned the light on and swung the door open as if "are you kidding me" look.

To my surprise she was up against her headboard as humanly as possible, with covers up to her chest, and the whitest complexion I have ever seen. I asked her what had happened and she states, "When the door slammed shut I woke up to a black figure slowly walking across the room to the foot of my bed. And when you flipped the light on, nothing was there... Whatever it was disappeared."

She then gathered all her pillows, covers, and clothes for the next day and started walking towards the stairs. I asked her what she was doing and she replied, "No way am I staying up here after that, good luck." With that, I too followed in her footsteps.

Other hauntings by ashlcoopa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashlcoopa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashlcoopa (7 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Thankfully I haven't...my step dad has however, & because of his incident our parents finally believe us.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-24)
Ashlcoopa, any kind of blessing or cleansing/shielding will not get rid of good ghosts, only individuals with negative intentions. Please don't worry about doing any such ritual. I've been doing cleansing and shielding since I was a teenager and have found it only strengthens the protective, or otherwise nice ghosts' abilities. It helps them help you! These days I've worked Rook's method into my repertoire, here's the link if you're interested:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

If you and your family are religious your prayers will also work, and it sounds like they are. 😊
ashlcoopa (7 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
Great insights!
Awhile back I did talk to a few people who study paranormal and are apart of investigations... His theory was, there are 2 ghosts. 1 protecting us & the other not so much... I have many many many more stories I can share, but are a little on the dark side, depends on how on takes them.
And yes, we thought about blessing the house... But with that, all ghosts good or not will too go. & if our hunches are right, we don't want the 'good' one to leave. So we put our hands in faith & say our prayers... Knock on wood, we have never felt truly in danger nor in some time had any of the 'darker' things be present.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
Hi again,

Umm I'm not with it today and just had a bizarre 'oh jeesh' moment regarding your story. Your name seemed familiar so I checked out your other stories and YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE STAIR GHOST! Capslock because *that* story really gave me the chills! Well, the bit about counting stairs and eye level did, AHH!

There's something very threatening about running from your room, to your sisters room, slamming the door, waking her up and looming at the foot of her bed! (the looming part being the creepy, threatening bit) Did your sister usually sleep with her door closed? The reason I ask is the light episode from one of your other stories. Remember Biblio suggested a ghost with OCD tendencies? That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with for this door incident, if it's the same ghost who turned on the lights. Maybe this individual had a thing for doors too.
The only other explanations I can come up with aren't as innocent and are, or were, designed to threaten and scare all involved. Looming at the foot of the bed, watching you sleep from the 6th stair; the question is why? Curiosity on the stairs, a fit of anger at your sister's door being left open brought on by an individual suffering from anxiety. Or are these actions more predatory. I don't wish to scare you, but I'd rather be blunt about it in case the latter is true. I hope it's the former, a grump who may suffer from anxiety. But in case it's something perverted it's best to be on the safe side. For this reason I urge you to perform a cleansing and shielding, or something of the sort with which you're comfortable. Have you ever done anything like this before?

Please ask any questions you may have. Take care.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
Ashlcoopa, what an ordeal! I'm always fascinated about *when* a ghost does something. So I wonder what it was about that evening that made this entity do what it did. Perhaps it was simply that the door was opened? If so, touchy ghost!
Glad your parents are more open now. It would be maddening having them tease you at key times in that home. They were maybe nervous and found comfort in denial at the time, oh well.

Thanks for sharing this. I think you write well, it felt as if I was there along side you while reading. By the way your home sounds awesome! Okay, a light switch in another room would be a pain, but *aside* from that. I love old weird homes. 😊

Take care.
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
This seems like you were almost haunted by this for awhile as it was not constantly bothering you it may have been you are slightly psychic, or the spirit was intelligent and didn't want to scare yous all the time.
ashlcoopa (7 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
Thank you all for your inputs, I am sorry with my story I was not clear... I don't normally write stories, so again I'm sorry.

By saying, first encounter anyone other than myself I meant like, two people had witnessed the same thing. Usually it was just one person who would say something happened... It wasn't until my sisters 21st birthday that my parents finally believed something was haunting the house.
And to this day, things still happen or you still get a feeling that something is close. Some nights I could walk through our whole house, even the cellar without one light on, other nights I am overwhelmed with knowing something is close and have to leave a trail of lights. Just last night I had this. And yes, she slept in her room still, but shortly moved out, so then I was the only one upstairs. I USE to sleep in my room and when I did, I HAD to have her door shut... Even to this day (which now I just don't care) one would get a sense of someone standing in her doorway if her door was open... By shutting the door it somewhat took the edge off that feeling.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
Goggzy
You beat me to the question you asked. I also wonder if they ever convinced the parents that the house was haunted.
Regards
Red
Hyde (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
How long had you been living there before you had this experience? Like you and your sister I would have been freaked out as well, it's one thing to hear the noises, which is just as scary, but to see an apparition takes it to another level on the crazy scale
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Sounds like a scary encounter for sure! I do have just one thing to be clarified.

You stated that this was the first encounter anyone other than yourself had in the house. Then you said that you and your sister both attempted to convince your parents of the haunting. Also you mentioned that everyone in the house heard the horrendous noises upstairs. I guess I'm trying to clarify what constitutes an encounter in the house? Do you mean an actual sighting of an entity? If not, I may have misread something.

Thank you for sharing your story! Keep us posted on what goes on in the future!
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
This is a very scary experience, can I ask did you or your sister ever sleep in that room again, if so what are any another experiences you or your sister have had.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
I don't blame your sister for being terrified. Did either of you encounter the same figure again?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: