You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Was Is Just A Dream?

Real Ghost Stories

Was Is Just A Dream?

 

I have always been a fan of the paranormal but never really experienced anything until I moved into my new house with my husband.

I had just moved into my new house with my husband and because we had just moved in, we didn't have a bed yet so we decided to sleep in the living room. My husband was asleep on the sofa and I was in my recliner chair.

Anyway I was drifting off to sleep and then all of a sudden I felt like someone touched me on my shoulder. Now, I know it wasn't my husband because he was over the other side of the room snoring. I was a little freaked but thought nothing of it and tried to go back to sleep. I'm not sure how long went by but I felt like I was being kissed on the neck and I jumped off the chair and woke my husband up because I was really scared.

A couple of weeks later we had got settled in the new house. It was quite late and we were just off to bed. My husband made sure all the lights were off and the doors where locked. As he come up the stairs to turn the hallway light off and close the door, I noticed that the kitchen light was on, when I know for sure 100% that all the lights downstairs were off.

I haven't really had anything else happen for a while. Maybe it was just my imagination or did it really happen? It has scared me but I try to put it at the back of my mind, at least for now anyway.

Thank you all for reading my stories and I will be grateful if someone can give me any insight into what this may have been. Was it just one of those dreams you have as you're just falling off to sleep?

Thanks again for reading x

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelbailey66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
A_A
As a medium there are not many spirits that get by me. Several times I have felt there were not so nice spirits in the house so I did my own method of cleansing/shielding to get rid of undesirable spirits from my house and property. The only injuries I get are from either my own clumsiness or getting tripped by my dogs
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Redwolf, I do know what you are referring to, your relatives knew that you wouldn't mind them being there and that you would know that they are there, but what would happen if they are not anyone you knew? What if someone wanted to let you know they were there? But in some cases people don't want you to know they are there, that they want to harm you. It still differs from person to person.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
A_A
It's not necessarily true that a spirit will do something to let you know that they have entered the room. I have had my grand father and father in-law both come to visit without doing a thing. Possibly because I'm a medium and knew they were there by getting glimpses of them. I also had two children that were in my house for years. They mostly preferred my son but at times they would tug on my shirt or I would feel a small hand on my arm. They have finally crossed over a few months after I saw their father and told him to back to hell where he belongs. He is the one who killed them and their mother.
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
AngelBailey,
When people walk into a room they USUALLY would signal or do an act to notify whoever would be in the room that they have entered. E.g maybe a touch on the shoulder or a pat, nod, opening doors or just turning on the light. I think whoever was in the house wanted to notify you that the have entered a room.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Yikes, that was a rather daring housewarming "gift"! 😨

Angelbailey: I absolutely agree with Tweed's advice. Even if nothing else has happened (yet), it would be a good idea to perform a cleansing and shielding of the house... Better safe than sorry.

Welcome to YGS.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Hi Angel,

Hmmm, a one time touch on the shoulder could be just a physical muscular response to whatever. A kiss on the neck uhh, well that could be the same kind of muscular sensation. But something tells me it wasn't and I don't like it one bit.
Are you familiar with cleansing and shielding? Here's a link to a profile of a member on here who has one such method detailed.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
This won't banish any good ghosts you may have, only negative ones like creeps who try to cop a feel, if that's what you're dealing with, urgh.
Alternatively, if you're religious you could look into any method which works with your faith.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
The kitchen light coming on makes me think the first experience wasn't a dream. Maybe something just wanted to let you know it was there. How long ago did it occur?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: