You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: 5 Girls And Oujia Board

Real Ghost Stories

5 Girls And Oujia Board

 

My name is Shelly, I'm a 16 year old girl and I've looked at this site for years and have had many paranormal experiences, but this is my first submission.

So earlier this year in maybe around May, June, four of my friends in our elective class drama decided to draw up a Ouija board. We were behind the stage part, it's an old compound room in my school and there was a windows letting light inside where we're sitting. I knew how they worked and knew they were nothing to mess with, although considering it was just paper I thought it wouldn't work and joined in as a bit of fun.

Now, my friends (all girls my age) decided that I had had the most experiences with spirits and stuff, so that I should be the one to ask questions, and I agreed.

Now my friends names were (not real names) Felicity, Mckenzie, Shiona and Holly. All my friends believed in the supernatural but Felicity was a bit skeptical who couldn't be convinced easily. But she was definitely convinced.

Now, me, Shiona and Holly all had two fingers on this little magnifying glass we used (because it was a paper board we had to improvise obviously) and then we started. Me and Holly had fake nails on and our fingers could barley fit on the board, and Shiona's fingers were shaking so much trying not to move it, so I know 101% that neither of us could have moved it.

So we began with Felicity and Mckenzie watching. I asked a question asking if any spirits were with us... It took us a few goes (but not many) before we came in contact with a spirit. I asked "How old were you when you passed?" 3.

"Where you a boy or a girl?" Girl.

Now I don't know about my friends, but I didn't picture a creepy little girl with long black hair or anything, I just pictured a little three year old girl.

"What year did you pass in?" And that's when we didn't get an exact response, it just went to random numbers and letters.

"What was your name?" Also random numbers and letter, which was fair enough, what three year old can spell?

So I'm not an idiot and I knew spirits can lie, so I asked "Are you a friendly ghost?" Yes.

"So you were human in your past life?" Yes.

"Are you related to any of us in any way?" No.

"Do you have any messages for us?" (Now I can't remember if it was just random letters again or a 'no')

"Can we say goodbye now?" Yes.

Goodbye.

(We also asked other questions like if it had any family left, or any siblings but no questions really important enough to add.)

Now after a few minutes all of us were talking and we were all feeling good about this and thought it was sad about that little girl.

So we decided to try again and when we did it, the magnifying glass wasn't really moving much but it was trying... Me and Shiona (who were next to each other) got a bad feeling and I thought my back felt cold. So we said goodbye to the spirit.

Anyways, that night everything was fine and I went to bed around 10:30pm. I've always had problems with waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep. And that night (or morning) I woke up at exactly 3am. Now most the time in the middle of the night I hear things that freak me out a bit (I'm just a naturally scared person, especially considering previous things that have happened in my house). But that night I just went on my phone and heard nothing out of the ordinary and fell asleep about an hour later.

The next day in drama I told my friends how I'd woken up but we all just didn't think anything of it. My friends wanted to do the Ouija board again but I didn't want to because now I knew it worked I didn't want to test my luck. So me and Mckenzie were out on the stage rehearsing for a play thing we were doing, while the rest of the girls, Felicity, Shiona, Holly (and now another girl Paigon) were out the back stage trying to do it again.

Me and Mckenzie were out there for about 20 minutes when it was other people's turn to rehearse so me and Mckenzie went back stage to see the other girls.

"Shelly, come see if it works for you, nothing's been working for us" one of the girls were saying to me, so (because I'm of course an idiot) I sat down with them and did it.

Now this time it was me, Mckenzie, Felicity and Paigon (I think, it was a couple months ago). As soon as I did it, it worked. But I then said that I'll sit with them but don't want to participate. So it was just the other three girls doing it (and yes we said goodbye). Felicity was asking the questions now.

"How old were you when you passed?" 3.

"Girl?" Yes.

"How'd you pass?" More random letters.

By now I'm just kind of looking around at my friends as we all sort of realise it's the same spirit as yesterday. "Ask if it's the same spirit from yesterday" I say to Felicity.

"Are you the same spirit from yesterday?" Yes.

By now I'm getting sort of a bad feeling, and I look over at Shiona and she's giving me the exact same look and we both look terrified. (Now Shiona is more of a tomboy and isn't into overreacting and stuff, so I knew that if she had the same feeling that I had, that I wasn't just making stuff up in my head.)

"Ask if it was at my house last night" I sat to Felicity.

"Were you at Shelly's house last night?" I was holding my breath and didn't realise until it started to go off of 'yes' (it was already on yes from a previous question) but then it did a circle and went back onto yes.

My friend Felicity automatically just said goodbye to it, and me (being the sook I am) cry my eyes out, so terrified that this thing had followed me home. And that it had came at 3am.

All my friends swore none of them had moved it and I believed them because I'm very close with them and know they'd tell me if they'd done it, especially after seeing how upset I was.

That night I had a friend Sophie stay at my house. But after that I would wake up 2-3 times a night and be awake for sometimes hours. And almost always woke up at exactly 3am.

Only after a couple weeks I had a friend up the road (we'll call her Kelsey) stay the night at my house. I woke up as I usually did but was so tired I just checked my phone and tried to go to sleep. But I felt something pinch my eyebrow. I was really out of it because I was so tired and didn't feel scared because I knew Kelsey was right next to me. So I just kind of moved my blanket a bit, thinking it was nothing. But then something pinched my eyebrow again. I opened my eyes and saw nothing (my hallway light is on and my door is always open a crack for me to see). Now it wasn't hard, it was just like pulling on the hairs. I just fell back to sleep and a few days later cleansed my house with white sage.

Thank you for reading my story. As you could imagine it was very frightening at the time as I thought it might not of been a friendly spirit if it kept come at 3am. But it seems like a friendly little girl if all she did was pinch my eyebrows? I haven't had anything go wrong since really. But I might upload some stories of other happenings.

Other hauntings by shelly_2429

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shelly_2429, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KatelynC (12 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-26)
Hey I hope you're problem is taken care of and your still at piece ❤
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
You NEVER mess with that board. That spirit attached itself to you and followed you home. 3am is the wicked hour so that girl could be a demon. Demons can manifest hiding their real form. You need to seek help from local paranormal investigators. I watch a lot a haunting stuff so I do know a little
Amzu15 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
Hello shelly. I loved your story.It's actually my first one on this site. But I made an account on this one a month ago so I couldn't comment earlier! Just now I read the other two. Liked them too. A friend of mine is too surrounded with paranormal activities and I am the only one who knows besides her family. So I can understand. Btw, I want to try an oujia board so bad. But I haven't thinking of the consuences. And I am just a year younger than you so all I can say is have fun and enjoy your teenage. You are living in a great place. And I am stuck in this ridiculous country. Xxx.
piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-24)
That's extremely scary man
I don't have any Ouija board
But after reading your story I'm definitely going to buy one now
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Red, I remember that story of yours and YES I could not agree with you MORE about the psychological implications of anything paranormal! It's something so, so many don't consider. It can really stuff some people up!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
shelly
If you have been reading stories on here for YEARS then you would have read my comments to people writing stories about using Ouija Boards. I always sternly tell them not to use it again. I am going to tell you the same thing. DON'T USE THE OUIJA BOARD AGAIN EVEN IF MADE WITH PAPER. I suggest you read my story entitled My Ouija Board Experiences Two Hurt Friends part of the story will talk about the psychological problems using the O.B. Can cause.
Regards
Red
P.S. If you want to learn about the paranormal and spirits/ghosts do it safely by reading a book but DO NOT read books about Demons or Demonology.
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
sds:
Thanks for the valuable information regarding the Ouija Boards. Better to stay away from them 😁
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Hi Shelly,

Please don't be frightened by my comment. I don't believe there was anything unique about your experience, I feel this sort of thing happens to many, many people, every day! Because many people are inexperienced, don't use the OB properly, and really shouldn't attempt to at all, because if you don't know what you're doing anyone can come through!
I've had a deceptive ghost come through the OB when I was a teenager, many have experienced the same. Just put it down to experience. Don't sweat it, it's over.😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Hi shelly_2429, I have read Tweed's comments. I don't think it would come back. Also, I forgot about this 3 a.m., aspect of yours. It might just be your biological clock. It happens to many.

If it is normal for a month now, it is all the better. Try to concentrate on other matters and don't get scared. But better be careful in future.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
shelly_2429 (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Wow, hadn't realised there were that many more comments since I last checked, yes I'm aware that it's not a game, it's a tool, but I was 99% sure it wouldn't work, and that's when it seemed like a game. But keep in mind his was about 3 months ago, and things have been pretty normal. For about a month or so I was always scared, but as far as I know it's been okay.
And Tweed, you've really kind of scared me now... What do you suppose I do? Do you think it's left or will come back? Or anyone else who read Tweeds comment have anything to say about it?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Hi shelly_2429, welcome to YGS. I think I read it a bit late, two days perhaps and every one including the experienced Rook advised not only you but also others about Ouija. It is not a toy but a tool, as Rook said. But I would say it is a gateway for the spirits to enter into our realm and not all of them are good. Lawmaker, I want to say that not just because many people who used the Board are not haunted, it does not mean that people who used it recklessly haven't suffered.

Shrush, yes, you can make the Handwritten Ouija Boards and it will work. But people do it without precautions and they end up with very bad experiences.

Again, it is not that we have to have OB to have contact with a spirit. It is one of the tools. There are other methods too. Seances, Mediums are other ways to contact a spirit.

Well concentrating on a spirit and trying to ask questions. Well, I am quite skeptical about it unless the spirit is around.

Regards and respects to every one, especially Rook.

SDS
Shrush (3 stories) (46 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
I have heard about Ouija Boards and know that they are harmful if not used properly. I have a few questions about them and decided to ask it.

1) Can a simple paper be an OB by just drawing on it?
2) Are boards really that necessary to contact spirit?

I personally think that one if able to concentrate and focus their mind on a spirit can talk be able to talk to that spirit without OB. I haven't tried myself and never will. Do you guys think that it might be possible?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Lawluck,

A_A is right and so are you. Not everybody who uses a Ouija Board becomes Haunted. Mainly because ZERO contact is made with a real spirit. You admitted yourself that every time you have 'played' with one YOU have been the one moving the planchette and therein lies the rub. If you are focused on moving the planchette UNDETECTED then you are NOT focused on contacting a spirit... So a spirit is not contacted.

Talking Boards are a TOOL not a TOY. The Ouija Board is produced like a toy... Used like a toy and just like a toy it will be 'played' with until fingers get hurt... But unlike physical injury a spiritual attachment or injury from CANNOT be proven in a Court of Law and until it can be the Ouija will still be produced as a GAME.

Sad truth is if a warning label was put on the box I think sales would increase... Cause 'people are stupid'.

Respectfully,

Rook
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Lawluck,
Parker Bros. Is a company that manufactures toys at mass production. That doesn't mean that every item that they produce and put their name on it would work efficiently and would last long. It also means that most of the time companies would want to rush the production process and make the quality low and the quantity even bigger, just to put their products on the market to produce a bigger revenue 10 times larger than they used for the production of their products. So when Parker Bros. Mass produces Ouija Boards, there is no guarantee that they have your best interests on mind.

"a company like parker bros with all its attorney's etc would never release a "game" that caused its customers to be haunted."
That like saying because Apple puts high tech things in their products means their iPhone's screen will not break.

You stated "They have sold over 3 million boards since 1971 so your telling me 3 million plus people are all haunted now. Doesn't make sense when you think about it logically."

I have thought about it logically and have decided that not everyone who is in possession of an Ouija board would be "haunted". You do say that you dab in the OB more than a few times, and I can say that you are one of the people would have not been possessed by anything.
lawluck1 (2 stories) (13 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
I have played with boards for years countless times. Never so much as a boo. I was always the one moving it. Now I am not saying I don't believe in spirits but think about this a company like parker bros with all its attorney's etc would never release a "game" that caused its customers to be haunted. They have sold over 3 million boards since 1971 so your telling me 3 million plus people are all haunted now. Doesnt make sense when you think about it logicly.
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
If a person is bright enough to sage their house, wouldn't they be able to comprehend to light a sage scented candle during the session? Or use other means of protection?

Why is it that you would think to have a seance in your school? That is not what people would usually do at school, but whatever rocks your boat.

I don't suggest you do another seance without some prior knowledge or by yourself, as it is harmful.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Wardo,

Bravo on your steadfastness on the non-use of Oujia Boards. Your are correct, they are not TOYS they are TOOLS.

Now you have have made a statment while making your point and after reading it I had some questions, here's your statment...

"If anything you should try to help a spirit with why it is earth bound."

110% Agree, but just HOW does one do this WITHOUT knowing something about the spirit? Should a different means of communication be used to help figure out just 'who' a spirit was in life AND just 'what' may have made them 'earth bound'?

As I stated a Oujia Board is a TOOL, if CREATED and USED properly communication can be 'opened' and 'closed' with a spirit and it WILL NOT be able to attach itself to anyone. Its when individuals 'play' with OR create their own to use, WITHOUT proper preperation and safeguards, that 'loopholes' can be found by 'negitive spirits' which they will use to enter individuals lives.

Spirit Communication is NOT a game, nor should it ever be treated as such by anybody. But with careful preperation and use any means of communication can be 'open and closed'...heck sometimes just speaking out loud, without inviting a reply is all it takes.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
I can't state this enough...don't play with Ouija Boards! Don't even USE Ouija Boards. I don't care if you are experienced or just playing around. You are inviting anything to latch on to you if it so desires. It doesn't matter if the board was homemade or Parker Bros. Do you honestly believe that the board holds any power? It does not! It is the fact that you are trying to communicate with a spirit, the board is just a medium to do that. Saying "goodbye"? You have to be kidding me. There aren't rules that spirits have to follow, most certainly as imposed by Parker Bros. Saying goodbye doesn't render a spirit powerless now. I always find it silly that people want to communicate with a spirit and then ask it's age, sex, when it died, etc. How offensive! If there is a spirit, do you sincerely think it wants to provide you with entertainment and tell you all about how it died? I am not getting on you personally, but think about this people. If anything you should try to help a spirit with why it is earth bound. There are some people who are able to use OBs successfully, but they know the risks and they know what can come of it. Please be careful! That said, thanks for sharing your story, and good luck to you.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-26)
Hi Shelly,

My gut feeling about whomever you contacted was that it was not a 3 year old girl. I had to remind myself you guys believed it was a small girl you were contacting while reading your story. Because all I could 'see' in my mind was a boy in his early teens with an adult man. I don't really consider myself psychic, and my feeling about this could be totally off. I get visions, occasionally. I'm happy to hear you did a cleansing and that things are peaceful now. Like I said I could be totally wrong.

Also I agree with Lady Glow about 3am, your internal clock has become accustomed to wake up around this time. It's normal but annoying. If you want to sleep right through, don't play with your phone, simply try to fall back to sleep. This will eventually rewire your internal clock into waking up only when it's time to get up.

Thanks for sharing and take care.
shelly_2429 (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
sorry, wasn't sure how to reply to each comment, but yes, I was an idiot at the time, and after that experience I haven't done anything since. At the time we were all just excited to give it a try, and as I said, I didn't even think it would work. And yes I did and still do wake up every night, so it might not of had anything do with that at all... But anyways, thank yous for commenting what yous thought though:)
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
i,m with lady-glow on this one. You stated that you had been on this site for years so you must know not to play with those things. I have only been here a short time and I have read too many bad occurances with the boards. Just don, t go there. Be safe, be smart. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
shelly_2429: if you have been reading this site for years you should know at least a couple of things:
1) Never "PLAY" with a OB if you do not know exactly what you are doing!
2) The '3:00 am thing' doesn't make your experience more valid or more paranormal; you admit to always waking up in the middle of the night so I wouldn't give too much importance to it if it is around 3:00 am.

"... So (because I'm of course an idiot)..." -That's right! Please stop those games before it is too late for you or for any of the other fools taking part in them.
Goggzy (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-25)
Shelley

This seems as if the 3 year old spirit (I do believe she was 3) was attracted to you for some reason. One thing I do think people should not try without someone with experience at using them is ouija boards. They can be very dangerous my mothers friend in high school was haunted for 25 years after using a ouija board eventually with the help of a few psychics she got the spirit to move on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: