You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Haunted Ghost Jail Tour, Charleston Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Ghost Jail Tour, Charleston Graveyard

 

I went to South Carolina with my college roommate. We've been saving our money to go to this Haunted Ghost Jail tour, Charleston Graveyard, and their Post Office Museum. The jail tour was an old jail. You could feel something strange and cold the moment you went in. We both are ghost hunters, we exchanged true stories of past lives with orbs and spirits, we shared photos together and ever since then, we've been companion ghost hunters.

In these places, before we took photos of them, we could feel cold spots the moment we took these. Whenever our hair on the back of our neck was standing up, we took a picture wherever we felt a place that spooked us. The Graveyard in Charleston we took during day and night, and the jail photos we took late at night. We went to stay at a hotel for the first night and the next day we started the tours.

Before we took these photos, there was nothing there, the paranormal just showed up when the photos were done developing in the lab. They now are kept in a photo album book. It was strange, nothing like this happened to the pictures we took before, it's all new to us. We're beginners, you could say, with this kind of stuff.

Ghost Jail Tour 1
Ghost Jail Tour 2
Ghost Jail Tour 3
Ghost Jail Tour 4

Anybody taken photos that happened to them like these? We think the ghosts and Orbs want to be more seen nowadays. Don't know why. Right now we are learning EVP. We take a ghost class, and our class is extatic about our photos. Now everyone there believes in ghosts.

But why do ghosts show themselves on film instead of normal eyes?

Other hauntings by 4u_allie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4u_allie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

smileydelwen (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
The first three pictures are really good. The picture of the man is a really good shot! The last picture gives me doubts. I had a thought that it could have been a light reflection? Because I could see light projected onto the floor... Just a thought, but well done with the photos. Looking forward to more pictures!

Smiley
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
The only pic that looks paranormal to me is the one with the trees. I definately see a little girl looking at the camera and I also see a face beneath her. It also looks like someone is standing on her right side. Very creepy!
bluesdeluxe (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
I have to comment on this since I can explain two of the 4.

First off I'm a pro photographer here in town and I live near the old Jail. I'm not convinced that photo was taken during the night because I can clearly see the green/yellow outside trees on the left of the photo. That's why it looks like when you photograph inside and have some ambient light outside coming in. As for the ghost in the image, I think that could be light coming down from the ceiling and hitting dust particles. There is a lot of dust in that building.

The post office, yes that's the reflection of another person behind you! You are shooting through glass in the photo (or plexi) without using your flash. The reflection is simply someone walking by behind you that happened to have a lot of ambient light spill on them and cast the reflection.

The first photo, what you photographed was a diamond spearhead that comes out of a cast iron fence. Your flash hit the object and made it appear white. My guess is you were using a disposable camera and when you look through the view finder, you aren't actually seeing through the lens so you framed up the gate spike by accident. It's called parallax or something like that.

The graveyard photo... I don't see anything there at all. The area of concern might just be an old grave with a weird looking tree coming out of it. There are all sorts of stones and rocks embedded in trees down here.

Hope that helps. I don't think there is anything supernatural going on in your photographs.
Rosey-Claire (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
I can clearly see the man standing in the second picture!:O Thanks for showing us these! ^_^
megan_sharaye (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Im actually from charleston.I've lived there all my life and so have all of my ancestors dating back to slavery times. I can definitely tell you from experience that its very haunted. Hit me up if you'd like more info.
Megansharaye [at] yahoo.com
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I like picture 3 the best. Thanks for sharing the photos with us. 😊 I have seen a lot of ghosts in my past. Especially in this house. I've never seen any outside. I do see things disappearing in the dark.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
I could definitely see in the first photo looks like a form, the second photo it does absolutely look like a ghost of an older man standing by the desk, and third one you can tell something is there, it is really weird how stuff like that will show up in pictures but not with the human eye. They are some good detailed pictures. Thanks for the story and the pictures. 😊
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-16)
Hello. I'm sorry but I have to say all could be fake. It could be dust, a flash, an overlay, and our imganations. But if it was a digital with highly great quaility, then maybe the second one might be something... Lovely story though.
alex323 (5 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
I think I know where you went and I have to say that I am not shocked that you got these kind-of photos, more than often tourists report funny-film images after they take pictures.
vickifigueroa (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
cool pictures... The picture of the cemetery, I think I see a face of a girl on the tombstone to the left of the tree. Anyone agree?
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
In the third picture to the left it looks like a face, with an up looking up on the left side of it's face and it's mouth open wide.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-22)
Oh, yeah. Where I think I may be seeing something is in the space where the small limbs of the tree form an "x".
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-22)
I just took another look at the cemetery photo and I think I found something interesting. If I am looking at the two central tombstones (the one's where the left one looks as if there is a smaller and darker one leaning on it) and scanning my eyes to the right I can see what appears to be SOMETHING out of the corner of my eye to the left. However, when I look directly at what I think I see, there is nothing there. Optical illusion? Need to change my contacts? Or is something there? All I can do is look at it with whatever software is on this site, though. Just wondering.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
4u_allie, I have been staring at the photo of the cemetery and still do not see a girl on the left side in the branches of the trees. Also, the mail room photo appears to have a reflection of what seems to be an entire room. Now, if this is a photograph that you took of a residual haunting, that is remarkable. (Is that even possible? I do not know)
These classes sound interesting, how did you come across them?
Thank you for sharing this story.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Okay, some of you are having trouble seeing the ghost in the cemetery. If you'll click on the image you'll see a girl standing by the branches on the left side of the photo. I don't know why the mail office image is blury. And the ghost isn't a reflection. I was the only one their with a friend. And she was a girl. The others where somewhere else with the tour guide. We snook off to take that picture of the office because we sensed that the place was haunted, we felt a cold spot. And then the man showed up on the film.
PEACE,
Alex. ❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Cool pictures! You seem to have the nack for capturing apparitions or orbs on pictures. Other people trying to capture them on film can't catch a break. I guess the reason for this, is that you are always going on tours and too places hunting for them.=) I would have to agree on every picture like Shane said. The last one though looks like a blurry sheet. Weird! Thanks for sharing the pictures! 😊 -Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I am not sure why film will show entities that are not visible to the naked eye. I have heard that perhaps it has to due with shutter speed and the actual trasfer to the film of the image, but who knows.

these are great photos!

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Hi 4u_allie! I'm glad you sent your pics in, I'm surprised you didn't get much feedback since everyone always seems to clamor for photos! I'm impressed with your seriousness on the matter, classes and investigations. The first photo looks like it could be something really close to the camera but, as Shane always says, only you know for sure. I agree with Shane on the second pic, a reflection? The whole photo seems to have a kind of blur, sort of like the reflection of another room or one pic over another. The graveyard photo - unfortunately I couldn't see anything there. The last photo, in the jail, is the most interesting to me. By looking at the pic, I can't tell if there is any reason for the shape but it looks authentic, after all it is a haunted jail and there must be some basis for saying so. I wish you could have given us a little bit about what you felt or what the background was for each shot. A circle around what you were showing in the graveyard would have been a help to me. I'm sure you, your friend and your class probably went over the photos very carefully, looking for explanations and it seems you didn't come up with anything acceptable. Thanks for sharing your photos with us, they were very interesting! Good luck with your hunting!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-04)
It has something to do with the transfer of energy. Not a photographic expert just what I was told once. I do have a question for you. In the mail room photo did you take the picture through glass? It looks like you captured the reflection of someone on your tour is why I asked. Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: