You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Visiting Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Visiting Ghost

 

This story takes place over the span of a few weeks. It happened in my mom's house when I still lived there, one or two years back. And it began when I started to feel a presence in the house. It drifted around the house, coming and going from time to time, and I didn't really pay much attention to it. What I noticed though, but really thought through afterwards, was that the presence only moved around on the first floor, but once. I felt it upstairs (where my room, my little brother's room, and a small bathroom are) only one time, and it then did not check out my room or anything, just my brother's and the bathroom. I found that slightly strange.

But everything came to an end after a few weeks of this. It happened when I came home from an early day of school. I went straight to the living room couch to rest, because I hadn't felt good all day. I don't know how long I lay there - maybe twenty to thirty minutes - when I suddenly wake up from my half-dazed state. I turned to face the hall and stairs (and the kitchen further away) when I suddenly felt the presence - pretty sure it was a man - coming down the stairs. The man stopped at the end of the steps; standing in the hall, right beside the living room doorway, and after a second he turned his focus towards me, like he was looking at me, and I felt that now he was done visiting our place, and the presence left in our neighbor's direction. Since then I have never felt the presence again.

Now I'm pondering over why this presence was in our home and in such a way. Because it didn't feel like a relative, and I got the distinct "message" that "his visit in our home was done", so I wonder if someone may know what and why this happened. It would be fun to puzzle over it and hear what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Livbanon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
Hi there Livbanon,

You seem to have everyone scratching their heads here about this presence.
Everything happens for a reason. I don't mean in a biblical or 'fate' sense. I mean in a cause and effect, effort and reward sense.
There is a reason this ghost did what they did and then stopped. The answers, in my opinion, are always in the details, which can take years to piece together. I would advise you to write down everything about this experience in a journal. Everything you can remember. Especially personal details about those you live with and those you are close with, including pets and even internet buddies, the weather, the mood in the home, changes in the home. This is for your own reference. Although this seems to have passed, there's no reason you can't keep a journal for a past event.
Like I said it can take years, or it can take days. But eventually clarity will emerge from seemingly random events.

Thanks for sharing, you're obviously very in tune with ghosts!
Take care.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
whats that love? Curious about what? A lot to discuss over storys well yeh that's kind of the point
Livbanon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
Mimi81
Aha, I see. But, so they still just wander around? And (therefore) are mostly peaceful?

There have been a few more stuff in that house, but not that evidently (for me) as this ghost, or at least without any connection to it. So it could very likely be a wondering ghost.
Livbanon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
lexi-loo
You have a lot to discuss? About many stories? That makes me curious.
Livbanon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
sds
Mom bought the house from an elderly couple so she is not the first one owning the house. But I don't know how long they stayed in the house, though the logical reasoning could be that they bought it when it was new, since the reason they sold the house was because they were getting old. I'm sorry I don't know much more... And I have never talked to my neighbours about something similar, so I have no idea if they experienced activities themselves.

Thank you all for welcoming me. 😉
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
aww ok thanks guys... Think I just had a few to many glasses of wine last night and had a lot to say 😳
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
lexi-loo: Long, long ago YGS had a chat room. But...well, I'll just lead to a thread where Martin, our site admin, answered why we no longer have it. You'll find it in the comments thread somewhere.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=17539
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
lexi-loo
What do you mean by a forum to discuss comments made on YGS?
Yikes! Going back to my days of being on the Executive Board of P.T.A...
I don't think it's a good idea because if we feel we have to defend our comments in a round table type of forum arguments may break out for days.
If you read an older story you can write a comment on it. If you want to let a member know you can e-mail them.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Hello Livbanon, I go with lady-glow on this. There is very limited information. So, it is difficult to tell you what that spirit was. Well, as you felt and never felt again its presence, it might have said good-bye to your house. Well, you replied that there were no deaths but didn't answer if your mother was the first owner or tenant or if any other person lived before you did. Did you ask your neighbours if they have felt or sighted anything? If so, please do share.

Thanks for sharing and a warm welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
first can I please apologise for what I'm about to say ":but

I think (only a suggestion) that there could be a forum made just to discuss the comments made on YGS as I am pretty new to the site and I'm only just getting through half the storys but have a lot of theorys and opinions on storys that are back dated

Again I apologise for my interuption and hope I can be of some help with more upto date storys

Peace and love be with you all
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Livbanon, I think wandering ghosts are the spirits of those who, when living, drifted through life. They never stayed in one place long enough to form relationships or put down roots. They didn't want them. In death, their spirits still wander.

Of course, that's just my theory of who the spirits once were. I've heard the concept of wandering ghosts used to explain one time paranormal occurrences in places that have no reason to be active.
Livbanon (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Mimi81 Thank you. I hadn't thought about the attachment to the land in the neighborhood. That could be something. But a wandering ghost seems to fit the most... To me it felt like he would be wandering on, mostly close by, I think. But I have never heard of something like a wandering ghost before.
Livbanon (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
lady-glow The house is of the older kind, like fifty years maybe or so. I have heard nothing of any kinds of deaths in the house, but some strange but fairly small things have happened over the years there. Sadly we don't know more about it...
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Lady-glow asked some very good questions. It would be easier to figure out what you experienced if you had more information about the house's history.

I can think of a few possibilities. Lady-glow might be right about a spirit saying goodbye.There's also a chance he may be attached to the land in your neighborhood. He could be "visiting" other homes if there's an attachment. It's also possible you encountered a wandering ghost.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-27)
Welcome to YGS.
It's hard to get an accurate conclusion with the little information provided in your story.
Do you know how old is the house? Is your mother the first owner/tenant of the place? Do you know if someone died in the house?

Without knowing any of this information my only guess is that the man could be the spirit of a previous tenant checking one last time a place where he had some good times. 😐

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: