You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: From Dream To Reality

Real Ghost Stories

From Dream To Reality

 

I know you don't publish dreams on this site, but I am only doing so because it is a preface to what I believe was a ghost or demonic entity speaking to me.

What started out as a dream became terrifyingly real... Or so I think. I was around 12 or 13 years old when this happened.

I was having a really freaky dream one night. It consisted of two children, who were each lying in a bed. Seemed harmless at first, they looked like normal kids.

All of the sudden, they manifest themselves into smoky figures, and fly across the tiny room, into the bed of the other. Switching. The room was dark, and I was on the floor watching them from below (they didn't know I was there). All I would see are swooshes of smoke arching over my head.

The children had a leader, and he was evil. He referred to them as "Over Girl" and "Over Boy". I'm assuming the term "over" came from them constantly switching over to the others bed.

The children's responsibility was to hide their leader from whomever he didn't want seeing him.

Soon, the leader is in the room, and from what I can see, he's a big, dark shadowy figure. Not human. Just a floating hooded cloak. I don't remember what was said, but he started talking to Over Girl and Over Boy.

This is what really freaked me out. Over Girl notices my presence, and gets angry. Next, I see this huge stream of smoke charging my way. I felt a huge pressure as she crashed into me. It's as if I "became" her.

This wakes me up, and then I hear a man's voice screaming in my ear, clear as day. As if he was kneeling right beside my bed. "HEY LITTLE OVER GIRL, WANT TO HELP ME HIDE?" He repeats the word "hide" a few times, and it gets louder and louder each time. Almost felt like he was leaning in closer to my ear with each breath.

I was paralyzed. I couldn't move, even though I was wide awake. I didn't dare open my eyes for fear of what I might see standing there. As the voice soon trailed off into nothing, I lay there. Not moving.

It took me a while, but I finally fell back asleep in the exact same position I was awoken in. I was so happy to see my sun-filled room the next morning.

I've never had another experience that vivid, and real again.

I'm not really sure what to classify this as. It was definitely more than just a dream. I know that. The voice was far too real. I can still hear it to this day (I'm 25 now).

Evil spirit? Demon? Not sure. I also recently learned about Sleep Paralysis. That popped into my mind. But looking back, I don't remember ever feeling like something was sitting on top of me, holding me down. I was just frozen with fear.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, miabopia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miabopia (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-21)
Hi Miracles,

Thanks for the response! Your encounters sound pretty creepy. I don't know what I would have done had I experienced that again.

Thanks for trying to google the meaning. I've never tried, myself, but seeing as you couldn't find anything, I guess it was just too strange of a dream.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
miabopia - I'm glad you commented on your story, it reminded me I had intended to when it was first published. I completely understand what you mean by the vibrating/tingling feeling when he yelled in your ear. I've experienced that same thing a couple times.

I had a male spirit yell in my ear on 3 different occasions and it scared the crap out of me each time. Another time I was giving a group reading when I a deceased grandmother yelled in my right ear. It was like she had pressed her lips as close as she could to my ear and yelled. I guess I wasn't listening well enough 😆

I Googled to see if I could find anything relevant to over boy or girl that may help explain what you experienced. Couldn't find a blessed thing 😢
miabopia (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
I want to add one more detail that I didn't mention. You know when you hear a really loud voice/noise? You feel the inside of your ears ringing and vibrating/tingling? This is what I felt when he yelled in my ear. That's how I know I was truly awake.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Hi, miabopia... I am pretty much agree with Macknorton... Even in our culture it is said that when you sleep your spirits wanders and the dream you see is nothing but what your spirit do...
miabopia (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
Macknorton - Thanks for your comment! I never thought of it that way. I guess you never really know, huh? I definitely agree that is what it could be.

Michelle - Thank you as well, for your comment. It would be neat to look up the symbols. I just might!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Thanks for sharing. Many people believe (including myself) that during sleep our spirits leave our bodies and venture in the spirit world in preparation for a greater life that awaits. Some dreams that are extremely vivid could well be actual experiences in spirit.

Your story where the "dream" continued into waking consciousness appears to be an example of an actual experience. Thankfully these negative experiences are far and few between but when they occur, it can be very unsettling.
MichelleBrandy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Hello, Mia

Interesting story. I myself am a fan of dreams - The more bizarre and creepy, the better. I believe that evil spirits can visit us in our dreams, hence our weakest hour is when the devil tries to sneak in. There are books and websites that help define symbols in dreams, so for fun, I recommend you looking up every thing that you can remember. I've had several dreams of where I am rebuking bad spirits and those are the best ones - Nothing will knock me down, not even in my sleep!:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Whoops I was too slow to respond, glad you read them! That woman's experiences were some of the most frightening I've ever read on here. I simply couldn't shake that icky feeling I got from them!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
No worries Mia, 😊 I already posted the links to the stories I mentioned (see below).
Look forward to reading your other experiences. There's a thing on this site with regard to other peoples experiences. You have to permission from the person, in this case your Mother's permission, to submit her story. So if your Mother's cool with that, it shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you make a note that she's cool with it in any of her experiences you may want to share.
miabopia (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Tweed - I just noticed you linked the stories.

Those are super scary experiences. I definitely believe it. I'm really glad whatever spoke to me went away when I wouldn't react to it. I just lay there squeezing my eyes as tight as they could go.
miabopia (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Hi Tweed! Thanks for your comment!

I agree with you completely on my age at the time. I also feel that children/teens are the most vulnerable to these types of things. Especially something this vivid. I had tons of vivid dreams as a kid (which I still remember to this day). But this was the only one that was paranormal (or so I think it was).

I have had other experiences as an adult, but nothing quite like this. I believe it's my family members who have passed, that I feel now. Nothing evil. But I will be writing more about those experiences soon.

My Mother is extremely sensitive to spirit, as well. I may share a story or two of hers also.

If you could find those stories, I would love to read them, and compare notes! I'm pretty new to this site, and I've read a good chunk of the stories, on the edge of my seat. I love it. 😁
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-28)
Hi there Mia,

Wow that's one heck of an experience! I think sometimes sleep paralysis can include a paranormal occurrence. I mean ghosts can visit us in dreams, so it stands to reason in my opinion. I don't mean all sleep paralysis is paranormal but some. I don't know whether this is what happened to you or not but I'm damn sure something was manipulating your dreams and talking in your ear. Good grief this was scary to read!

I think your age here is very telling. Most here feel that the teen years, including pre-teen early teens are, or can be, awash with paranormal activity. Often not nice paranormal activity either, unfortunately. There's a theory that negative entities take advantage of our vulnerable, hormonal condition. So I would say your age had something to do with it.

As I was reading your dream I thought "oh a coming of age type of dream." Over boy and over girl, discovering ones own identity, learning to empathise with the opposite gender, that sort of thing. I also thought the dark figure could be a representation of a fear of the unknown, growing pains and all that. Then WHAMMO! All that went out the window when he spoke to you! The dream took on an entirely different meaning and evil twist!

I got the horrible impression this idiot was trying to make you 'hide' (metaphorically perhaps) by repeating the word. Certainly smacks of someone trying to isolate and control you. So glad it never happened again! 😭 The way it repeated the words 'over girl' from the dream, URGH YUCK! 😨

Emoticons just don't do it justice! I'm glad you shared your story here. It may help others to determine what they've experienced. I feel there's a fine line between normal sleep paralysis and a paranormal sleep paralysis type experience. Which is something like what I think this entity did to you.

There was a couple of stories on here not so long ago with a woman who had a similar experience, with a shadowy weirdo who yelled in her ear directly after waking up. I'll see if I can find them and post the links. Maybe the same sort of entity that did this to you. This woman had her experience as an adult.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: