You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Unwanted Follower

Real Ghost Stories

My Unwanted Follower

 

I have read many stories about peoples' experiences, happenings and occurrences in search for an answer to mine and have not come across any similar to this.

I am now 25 and for the last 10 years I have always had a dog following me. It's not a real tail wagging dog. He looks like he was set alight, dipped in tar and dragged along a road and he was always in the corner of my eye. I have tried to ignore it's presence but always felt so overwhelmed when I saw it. Very evil looking creature with black eyes and a constant snarl on his face. I met my current boyfriend a year and a half ago and just like me believes in the paranormal, but hes got a special gift. I told him about this animal that followed me and he suggested that it didn't have good intentions so he sat me down the one night asked me to describe the animal and then we sat in silence. I started feeling dizzy and sick and started shaking quite a bit. After 5 minutes I passed out and woke up the next morning feeling absolutely rejuvenated.

For at least 10 months I went creature free. Not a glance or hesitation that he was in the corner of my eye. Until one day at home I heard something running outside the lounge window, thinking my cat wanted to come inside I got up to open the window only to be facing this burnt dog like creature I thought we had gotten rid of. I can't explain the fear that took over my body, I was paralyzed. In that second where we had made eye contact face to face it felt like hours. I suddenly came to and closed the curtains falling back onto the couch and sobbing.

I haven't seen it since then and I would prefer if I never did. But I am open to all suggestions and possible answers at to what this creature is and why its been following me for so long.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ang90, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-17)
Hi Bee Beans, yes I think that's possible. But after reading this experience again, I think Rook's comment is more likely. That the dog creature is a manifestation of something the OP needs to deal with.
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-16)
Tweed, your comment about the dog protecting Ang90 got me thinking. Is it possible that this dog is protecting Ang90 from other spiritual entities that she cannot see herself? Just a thought.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-05)
I hate I keep wanting to comment on a story that I see is over a year or two old:/ but to deathdrive, are you thinking of skinwalker, not night walker? That being said, I don't really think her story matches up to what I've read about skin walkers. They tend to do more than just appear in the corner of your eyes etc... But whatever it is, it doesn't really come off as a protector in anyway. I'd only hope that if that was the case, it would chose a better form, than something scary like that. I hope by now, you no longer have any problem's with it? It would be nice to be updated on your story.
Deathdrive (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Okay so I had to make an account to comment on this. My boyfriend had this dream when he was younger about these dog creatures that stand up and you can only see them out of the corner of your eyes they are black and ragged and very spooky. He said it was one of the creepiest things he has ever dreamed about and it felt really real. When he told me about it I was sure I knew about such a creature. When he was describing them I ask if they were thin and looked raggedy and he said yes exactly. I thought they were called night walkers but when I looked up such a thing it didn't exist. But I some how knew exactly what he was talking about like I had seen it before.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
Hi Ang,

In many cultures dog entities are seen as protectors. Even in man's own history here on Earth. With this in mind, I'm wondering if maybe this entity is actually protecting you. If so, perhaps it is angered you rejected it, and before this 'hurt' you were attempting to ignore it.

Another possibility which occurred to me was that the dog was protecting someone else. You mention you became aware of it around 10 years ago. Think back to that time, did you fall out with anyone? Did you or have you betrayed anyone's trust?
These questions are more for your own consideration, I'm not meaning to pry. If this is the case, perhaps attempt to right any wrongs by way of apology, or if this isn't possible some kind of forgiveness ritual which may pertain to your beliefs/culture.

Also, and this may not be something you wish to hear, but could the dog be protecting you? Could this entity be snarling and viscous toward anyone in your life? *Not* snarling at you personally.

Take care and please ask any questions you may have.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-31)
This may have been a physical manifestaion of something from your past that was 'not so nice' something you 'put behind you' but never really 'let go of'.

Your boyfriend was somehow able to 'break that bond' BUT until you can figure out 'what' negative 'event, emotion...whatever' your holding onto it will remain with you.

This is of course just my opinion. I do have a Cleansing and Shielding Method posted on my profile that you can try if you wish.

Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: