You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: She Likes to Invade Your Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

She Likes to Invade Your Dreams

 

This happened probably about 2 1/2 or 3 years ago, but still scares me stupid every time I think about it. It's quite long because these are all events that happened in the course of about 6 months or so. It began when my boyfriend was getting ready to move out of his apartment and into a nice duplex in the downtown area. Most homes in that area are around 1950's and older, to give you an idea.

Maybe a day or two before him and his roommates moved into the place, he had a very vivid dream. He was in his current apartment and there was something haunting him and his roommate, so he decided he was going to perform an exorcism to try and get the ghost to leave. In his dream, he was sitting on his bed and doing some sort of meditation. Suddenly the ghost of a young girl appeared and started throwing things at him and yelling,

"get the f*$# out of my house!"

Over and over again. Behind her was a tall man hovering over her. He woke up and called me up really startled.

Awhile after they had moved into the house, things were going pretty well, aside from my boyfriend having the occasional bizarre dream, which we didn't think much about. One day we were all outside on the porch, and the neighbor from the connecting duplex came over and started describing this dream he had that was really weird. Needless to say, when we heard how similar it was to the one's my boyfriend was having we were all a little freaked out. The dreams went on for a really long time. Then there was weird things like lights turning on randomly, or hearing the floor boards creak when no one was walking on them, the rocking chair moving when no one was near it. Things like that. At this point we were all convinced there was something in the place, but it wasn't mean or vengeful.

I really started to get scared when I was at my house, sleeping. I was having kind of a weird dream, I sort of woke up a little and was in that state where you are almost asleep, but you can still sense things around you. It felt like someone was in my bedroom, then I felt a really heavy feeling on the top of my chest. Like someone was sitting on me almost, I could hardly breath! Then something moved my legs, forced them down on the bed. It took me a few minutes to catch my breath and jump up. I had never been so terrified. I described this to my boyfriend and he wondered if it maybe had something to do with the girl or the man hovering over her that was in his dream.

After that things started to get even creepier, I got a call from my boyfriend one night after he had gotten off work. He went home and was sitting in his room in the basement playing guitar, he heard something in the other room of the basement that startled him, but continued to play. When he heard what sounded like footsteps coming from upstairs he got really freaked out and grabbed the phone and ran outside and called me. He was standing about as far away from the house as he could while still having a connection on his land line phone. We talked for quite sometime, and a little while into our conversation he said that there was some sort of figure standing on his porch. The porch light was on and there was a distinct shadow in front of the door, just standing there. He waited until his roommate got home a few hours later before walking near the house again.

Not too much longer after that, I was staying at my dad's house out in the country for a couple nights. I was sleeping in his office and had a pretty vivid dream that was mostly just nonsense, but this girl kept appearing. She had long sort of bushy brown hair, glasses, and was wearing a big puffy 70's style winter coat. She kept glaring at me, and at one point it felt like someone was hovering over me as I was sleeping. I kind of jumped awake, but was more so a little startled than scared. I went right back to sleep and didn't think about it until maybe a week or so later when I was with my boyfriend. I was just casually telling him about this dream that struck me as a little weird and described the girl. He looked at me with his eyes wide open and didn't say anything for a couple minutes. My description of the girl in my dream was exactly like the girl he had seen in his first dream.

Things slowed down for awhile after that. It was probably about a month later we had a party at the house, and one of our friends ended up sleeping on the couch. One of my boyfriends roommates woke up at around 6:00 am, and she was no longer sleeping on the couch. Later on that day she called and said that at around 4:00 in the morning she heard someone walking around in the kitchen for a really long time. She ignored it and tried to go back to sleep. Just as she was about to fall back asleep she said all of the sudden, she heard footsteps running really quickly from the kitchen into the living room and stop right in front of the couch where she was sleeping. Without even thinking about it she jumped up and grabbed her things and went home at 4:30 in the morning, in the cold.

It was only a couple nights later that my boyfriend had the biggest scare. He had a very, very vivid dream. He said it was almost like a lucid dream. He was trying to get out of the house, but he was trapped. He felt something push him down, and he was stuck in the floor, half way between the basement and the first level at about his waist with something trying to push him the rest of the way down. He was struggling really hard, trying to move, to speak, to wake up. When he finally brought himself to wake up he looked over and there was a bluish, smoky looking part of a body. It was a portion of a woman's torso, he had a good look at it for about 5 seconds or so and then it dissipated into his books. He jumped up and ran up stairs as fast as he could, and banged on his roommates bedroom door. They were sitting on the couch as my boyfriend was explaining what happened, when all of the sudden the lamp turned itself on. Both of them sat up all night on the front porch afraid to go back inside.

The next day while alone in the house alone, my boyfriend started to get a little creeped out cause he said it felt like something was here with him. He calmly told it to leave him and his friends alone. There wasn't too much activity after that, we were all still a little freaked out to be in the house. One of my boyfriends roommates was native american, and his father was a medicine man, so he did a cleansing on the house, and after that nothing happened again. Before this I sort of believed in the super natural, but every time weird things would happen I'd think of a logical reason for it to happen. Or I'd think I was just going insane.

Now though, I'm almost the complete opposite, and much more aware of supernatural things happening around me.

Other hauntings by killingkilgore

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, killingkilgore, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-01)
WOW I just have to say that if I was thre I would of moved out the moment something weird happend! And if I didn't then I would never sleep agen. And just like you I know how it feels to be something is sitting on you. Its really creepy. And I think it would be a really creepy thing to have it happen and a bunch of other things happen to. But one time st my friends house it was a little like this one. We got freaked out and ran out side and I never wanted to go back into that house agen.



~~Amy~~
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-21)
Thank God your boyfriends roommates dad just happened to be a Medicine Man! That cleansing appears to have stopped all of the weird dreams and other things. Thanks for sharing your boyfriends story with us.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Thanks, Kilgore. Those details took this story from questionable to credible in my book. Thanks for getting back to me!
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
Thanks for responding, after reading it back I realize I could have been a little more specific, I apologize for that. I just felt that the story was long enough as it was and I didn't want to write a novel.

Ohiowatha, as I stated in the story all these events happen in about a 6 month span. So when the neighbor told us about his dream, it was about 2 months after my boyfriend and his roomates had been living there. Most of our weekends were spent out on the porch drinking with the neighbors. So he was hardley a stranger. Also, my boyfriend had told him about a few of his dreams before, so it wasn't too unusual for him to bring it up.

As far as the shadow on the porch, my boyfriend really isn't the type to go investigate weird things. He scares easily (as you can tell.) After he got off the phone with me, he went a block down to the theater he worked at and hung out for a few hours. By the time he returned he saw that his roomate had gotten home, so he went in and told him about what had happened.

And no, I had never had another feeling of something on top of me since then. Though, I was living at my mom's house at that time. I slept in the basement which always had a sort of creepy feeling about it. So that may have been something else entirely. My boyfriend just suggested that it may have had something to do with what was going on with him.

Anyway, I hope this fills in any holes in the story. Thanks for reading.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-05)
I'd like to know more about the neighbor's dream. It is unusual to have a new neighbor--someone you don't even know yet--to come over and launch into a retelling of a dream (something very personal) he had to almost total strangers. It was difficult for me to concentrate on the rest of your story because this aspect seems very out of place.

And I'd like to know more about the shadow on the porch, as well. So when he saw this figure, he just stood there and watched it, didn't investigate or anything? And when his friend arrived, had the thing disappeared by then, or did they address it together?

And when you were accosted at your place, have you ever had a repeat of this experience? That is pretty scary that whatever it was followed you to your home, as well.

The rest of this story is very creepy and interesting, but these three aspects need a little fleshing-out to give me a total picture of what you're experiencing. Not to discredit you or anything at all, just curious and would like to know as much as possible.

Thanks!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-04)
Interesting story Killingkilgore. Thanks for sharing your boyfriends experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: