You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Ghost I Still Can Not See

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost I Still Can Not See

 

As I told y'all in my past story I seem to have a ghost type thing that has followed me since my childhood. My friends and family have seen what they describe as a older man, dark suit, grey hair walking a large dog. From what I am told neither the man or dog are especially scary, unnerving maybe.

I have seen picture from childhood with my face distorted. In a couple or so I can see a man in the distant back ground that fits his description. I know sounds hoakie, but he reminds of the preacher from Poltergeist 2.

Ok so on with new business. About 6 months ago my son woke me up saying the dog won't stop barking. I told him to go back to bed. I got up to use the bathroom. As I walk to my bathroom you can't help but look out across a park my townhouse sits next to. At the edge of the park is the biggest, blackest dog I have ever laid eyes on. Ok I know so it's a dog, but this dog scared the daylights out of me.

So I stand frozen, this dog staring at me through my window when suddenly he starts barking like crazy, loud deep barks. My sons yells up that he smells smoke. This breaks my fixation on fido. We grab a few articles of clothes and get out front. The townhouse next to mine is really starting to burn. The fire department does a great job of saving our home.

I did some asking around and besides my son and I, not one person heard our phantom dog which does not seem reasonable. It was suggested that the man and his dog were here to help me. I know one ghost dog I would like to hug. So if it was the dark man's dog, why didn't he show himself?

Other hauntings by lawluck1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lawluck1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
lawluck - what I'm going to say doesn't mean I don't believe your experience. I'm just offering some personal experience.

I have a dog. He seems to think it is job to bark at night. At everything. Sometimes he freaking barks all night long, as well as the dogs he's talking to. We live on a dead end, at the end of my parents' property. Many times I've asked my parents if he has kept them up all night with his barking. Rarely do they hear him. There is nothing that prevents them from hearing him except selective hearing LOL. Our homes are only about 100' apart and they don't live in a soundproof home 😆

Anyway, just a little different perspective on why the neighbors didn't hear it.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-01)
Lawluck, if he had showed himself, outside the window or in the house, do you think you'd be frightened?
Think about it from his perspective. Maybe he was scared you would think he was responsible for what happened. Just another way to look at it. 😊
Interesting encounter, thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: