You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Laughing Shadow Men

Real Ghost Stories

Laughing Shadow Men

 

I have a few detailed experiences of hauntings in different homes I've lived in, but I'll start with some of the first.

When I was between the ages of 1-4, my mother, father, brother (who is 3 years older than me) and I had lived in a duplex home with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Our neighborhood wasn't expected to be quiet and safe, as we lived in a bit of a troubled town, but this meant that drug dealers, gang bangers, and simply unstable people were not too far away from where we lived. Keeping that in mind as it will explain the hauntings, I will begin with explaining minor experiences I can recall.

Despite being so young, I can vividly remember some of my experiences, like seeing shadows out of the corner of my eye, feeling gusts of wind rush me down the hall or while I'm sitting down, and staring at nothing but being drawn by something.

Though the experiences may not have seemed too scary from my perspective, my mom, dad, and brother's experiences were apparently enough to convince them that there were others there with us, and they even had our local priest come and bless the house at least 3 times. They did not explain it to me until I was old enough to understand, but apparently, after doing research on our side of the duplex, they came to find that people had in fact died in our house. The deaths of some of them are a little unclear; however, one of them was involved in drug dealing and was shot and killed in our home. It's hard to explain, but my parents believed that being vulnerable to the energy made them vulnerable to other...visitors.

One night, as my brother slept in my bottom bunk while I sat in the living room watching TV while my mother washed dishes, he woke up with a feeling of dread as he heard faint, obscured laughter that seemed far yet right next to his ears. He remembers seeing 6 slightly transparent shadow men with 2 clear holes in their faces where their eyes were likely to have been (my brother remembers this very clearly and vividly, and it still scares him to this day). He remembers them laughing, and staring at him, and he was unable to move or make a sound.

At first he thought he might've been dreaming, but with everything so clear, and with what came next, he knew there was no way. One of them touched him -- grabbed his right arm/wrist to be specific, and as it lifted his arm, my brother can only remember finally having the energy to run out of the room, before running into the living room in front of my mom and breaking down into tears without a word. My mom, to my surprise, remembers him crying and being too afraid to explain why.

When my brother recalls this story, he can't understand why they might have touched his arm, or why it seemed like he was the only one to have an experience like this in the house. He had encountered the shadow men about once more a little later in his life, but that's a story for another time.

Note: these experiences have left my brother vulnerable to paranormal activity, and although I've been luckier than he has, I often feel energies that no one else can detect right away, and it often leaves me feeling sick and overwhelmed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, owl_cat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustafa (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
They seem like demons or shadow beings, they have black holes In their eyes sometimes they look red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-02)
owl_cat
Nothing sounds to scary from your point of view. You say your family lived in the duplex from the time you were 1 to 4. I assume you have moved.
You say that these experiences have left your brother vulnerable to paranormal activity but that's another story. Not to deter you from writing your own experiences this site prefers you write about your first hand experiences only. That's not to say your brother can't join and write his own stories
Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: