You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pressure On Corner Of My Bed While Awake And Sleeping

Real Ghost Stories

Pressure On Corner Of My Bed While Awake And Sleeping

 

While I was sleeping last night it felt as though someone or something sat on the foot of my bed. This has been going on for the last fifteen years or so. Sometimes whatever it is can be obnoxious to a point.

Several years ago I would wake up numerous times during the night when it would sit on the corner of my bed. There were a few instances where it shoved the bed enough to wake me up. The bed did not physically move but would shake the mattress enough to get my attention.

When it happened last night for the second time I yelled at it. I told it to leave me alone and to leave my home. When I was having issues with this happening several years ago, it stopped when I yelled at it and told it to leave my home, that this was my home, I worked to hard to put up with it and to leave me alone.

I often wonder is it could be a my father letting me know he is watching over me. I have read it could be my guardian angel. I have to admit that it scares me because, for one, you cannot see what it is. I often have a difficult time falling asleep when it is visiting. I will turn on the television just to put noise in the room so I don't feel alone.

Could this be a demon? I haven't taken any chances I feel to invite anything like this to happen to me. My family and I have a respect for the unknown and do not invite anything negative into our home.

It has been a while since we have smudged our home. Would this possibly help? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I just want to be able to feel safe when I go to bed and not be afraid to fall asleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bleachblonde45, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bleachblonde45 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-04)
Thank you everyone for your comments they are most helpful. I have smudged my home in the last couple days and have not experienced anything since. Time will tell. 😁
miabopia (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-22)
Hi Bleachblonde,

I felt I had to comment on your story because it is very similar to something that was happening to me. My mattress would vibrate, and I would feel a pressure at the foot of the bed, as if someone sat down on the corner. It happened every night for about a month. It wasn't so scary for me. More annoying. I have a hard time falling asleep as it is. I would yell at it to go away, and it would stop for a brief moment, but then start up again. But I learned to get rid of it, and now I'll only feel it once a month or so. I started putting a fan on in my room. Blowing onto the bed. Also, if you sleep in complete darkness, I suggest a bright clock radio (I used to dim mine as low as it could go). I find if there is noise and light, then whatever you experienced, goes away. I use a sleep mask and ear plugs so the light and noise don't bother me. I should also mention, that when this started happening, my uncle had passed away the week before. I figured it was him (he was a real trickster) coming to visit me. And from time to time, I still feel it if I forget to turn the fan on.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Hi Bleachblonde,

Try casting your mind back to when this occurred throughout the years. See if you can pinpoint a pattern. Was there anything going on in your life at the time which was unpleasant? (someone sitting on the bed may be seen as a comforting gesture, in this case a family member or otherwise protective spirit)
Smudging is great. Any form of cleansing/shielding is a good idea.
Since this ghost hasn't done much but sit on your bed, and leave you alone when yelled at (lol by the way) it doesn't seem too bad. That doesn't mean you have to put up with an uneasy feeling about going to sleep. Heck, I wouldn't like it either. So regardless of if this is a good willed spirit, you have every right to communicate to it and expect it to not bother you while you're in bed. My husband and I have a 'no bedroom' rule with ghosts. This means if we're in there, no one else is allowed. Apart from sage and our cleansing/shielding method on our home, we also do a separate ritual for our bedroom. We also have open times and closed times for ghosts, as silly as it may sound. If we don't wish to be contacted we have a meditation/visual technique which we use which creates a barricade around us and our home. Just like switching a phone off. Should warn that if you live with someone that barricade doesn't necessarily apply to them. It only applies to the individual who closes themselves in those times. Learned that the hard way!

Hope this helps a bit. Rook has a great cleansing method on his profile by the way. 😊
bleachblonde45 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Thank you for the comment it is very helpful. We plan on smudging next week when the heat wave let's up and the windows can be opened. I will update after we smudge. Please keep the comments coming they are informative and helpful.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
A way to make yourself feel better and help determine if it is your Father or Guardian Angel would be to go ahead and smudge and or 'Cleans and Shield' your home. If the 'spirit' is negitive this should 'force' it out of ytour home, but your Father or Guardian Angel will remain uneffected.

Please ask any questions you may have and thank you for sharing this experience with us here at YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: