You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandma's Houses

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's Houses

 

My grandmother owned two homes in southern California. One was a small condo that her parents had lived in before her and the other was a house she had built on a large hill. I have experienced paranormal activity at both places at different points in my life.

When I was very small, maybe 4 or 5, my grandmother was living in the condo and my dad took me to stay with her for a few days. There was a very large blue rocking chair in her hallway, and that night after we finished watching a movie she told me to get ready for bed. But I told her that I didn't want to wake up the old man in the chair. I later found out that her father had passed away in that chair.

The house on the hill has always scared me. When I was small I refused to go into the back half of the house and would always see shadows in the hallway. At the age of 19, and after my grandmother had passed away, I started to rent the house on the hill from my uncle. I lived there with my husband and brother and a man named Billy and a woman named Sam.

I'd still see the shadows in the hallway like I did as a child. Things would often go missing, like you'd set something on the counter, walk out of the room for a minute and return and it would be gone. And after multiple times of retracing your steps thinking "oh maybe I left it elsewhere", you'd return to find what ever it was right where you left it in plain sight.

Another thing that happened often was I'd hear my husband's voice call my name and when I enter the room he was in and ask why he called he'd say he heard it too. So my first thought was well maybe it was Billy, his voice is similar, only to find we were the only ones in the house. This also happened with his name being called in my voice, and us thinking it must be Sam only to find again we were alone.

I have had many experiences in this house and so have many of the people who have lived here over the years. But my last experience before moving was honestly the worst experience I have ever had in my life.

We were getting ready to move and after a long day of packing I was walking out of my daughter's room when I saw a figure in the kitchen doorway. The living room was dark and the kitchen light was on so I thought it was just my dad or Billy (both being large men) standing there blocking the light. And as soon as I opened to say hi the shadow rush towards me at super speed, it felt like a large gush of wind, and I was thrown back into the wall hitting my back on the light switch. At the end of the hall was the door to my room which was completely shut and as the wind blew past me the door swung open violently. My back ended up bruising from smacking against the light switch so hard.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Deathdrive, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Deathdrive (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
I'm not sure. And unfortunately I can't ask her but might do some research myself. It was pretty scary but at the same time I didn't feel like whatever it was was trying to hurt me.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
you said your grandmother built a house... Did she know the land or do any research on it

Getting thrown against a wall must have been scary.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
deathdrive, what a nasty experience. Hope you are well and truly out of there now and nothing followed you, all the best,
dreamer
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: