You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Revenge Of A Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Revenge Of A Woman

 

This isn't going to be as spooky as the other stories posted here. But it did spook me when the beans behind all this were spilled.

I am basically from a small city of Rajasthan called Bikaner. We live in a locality which is civilised in a way that whole of the area is divided in small rectangular blocks of 4 houses so we have a lot of fourways in the area. My house is located at the corner of one such fourway and just diagonal to it on the other corner is a house which hasnt been inhabited by anyone since the longest time.

We used to play gully cricket and, as was the rule, the one who would hit the ball into any of the houses would have to get the ball back from there by himself. I hit the ball, of course unintentionally, into that desolated house. This house had a garden first immediately after the main entrance gate and then there was the construction built as like any other house in the locality. So I had to go in and get the ball.

Since the house wasn't occupied by anyone the main gate, which is some 10 feet tall and made of wood, was locked. It was built in a way that one can step onto the protruding embroidery on the gate and climb up. I did so. Climbed up the gate and got into the house. Saw the ball and ran towards it to get it. I threw it outside the house so that my mates could keep playing since I was out as it was a direct hit inside the house. This was the rule.

So as soon as I threw the ball, I felt a quick blow of cold air on the left side of my head. I brushed it off and climbed up the gate and got back to playing.

By the time we were done with playing it had gotten dark. I went to my house and had supper. I fell asleep soon after it and then at around 1:00 or 1:30 am, suddenly I felt sweat all over my body. I went to my mom to wake her up and told her the same and she said I felt feverish. At that time, I was even feeling as if someone had hit the left part of my head really bad and I was going through the after effects of such hit.

My mom told this to my dadi and she called some priest the next day. He tied some thread around my wrist after asking me if I had been out of the house the previous evening. He then asked me if I had felt anything unusual in its characteristic. I said I felt a blow of air while I was in that house.

One night while sleeping on the terrace alongside my dadi (she prefers the natural breeze over ACs and coolers) I told my dadi that I went to that house to get the ball and she said she knew it. I got curious and asked her how did she know it? She said that house is haunted. A spirit of a woman resides there and though she doesn't severely harm anyone, still there can be some minute repercussions if you step into that house in the evening hours and that I was going through the same.

I used to be fascinated by this ghost and spirit related stuff and I still am the same. I asked her what is was about? She said this ghost of the woman has killed 7 men of the family she belonged to and she used to be her friend, obviously when she was alive.

I asked her how did she become a ghost? She said some 40-50 years back this woman used to be tortured endlessly by her folks because her own parents weren't so rich that they could offer more of dowry. And once while being tortured by her father-in-law, her saree caught fire and she was burnt. Her folks wanted her to suffer and could go to any extent to torture her so they thought to let her burn for some more time and didn't put out the fire and save her. In eventually she died. And to escape the police interference into the matter, they made up some story and presented this whole incident as a mere accident.

Soon after, the woman returned in a different form, possessed her mother-in-law and choked her husband with her hands, killing him. Then after a week, her father-in-law was found dead in the morning on his bed and followed by that, all the men (brothers of her father-in-law) too died in some or the other manner. She even used to possess the people in the neighborhood whoever used to roam about around noon hours nearby the house but never harmed any.

My dadi told me that Ganga (a woman of my dadi's age who lived nearby) was once possessed by this woman's spirit and she climbed up the tree just next to our house. And I smiled at this thinking about how Ganga dadi would have looked climbing the tree. She told me some priest had to be called again to get her down the tree and subsequently for the exorcism. She mentioned certain more people who faced such possession.

I was even told by my dadi that she had seen this woman on the terrace of this haunted house at night (since in old times everyone used to sleep at terrace in summers). I asked her what she was doing when she saw her? What my dadi said got the goosebumps out of my skin. She said on a no moon night she saw her clad in a red colored bride's attire which had caught fire and this figure swayed in the air in a dancing fashion.

I don't know why this freaked me out though to most of you it might be something amusing, maybe the Paro's scene from Devdas, but being sleeping on the terrace just diagonal to that haunted house and imagining that scene was highly scary. I would have been scared even if I saw a human being on that terrace, let alone red attire and dancing stuff...

But things have changed now. I now seek for such spooky stuff and visit such places but sadly, I haven't myself experienced anything bizarre or supernatural or of latent nature.

Though one side of my mind says there is nothing like ghosts and spirits, these are just some manifestations made by humans to get amusement in their lives, but then, the other part says how can a priest get someone back alright just by tying a so called sacred thread around someone's wrist.

Thank you for investing your precious time reading this.:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dnsh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Wow, its definitely a good story, I just feel bad for the woman. To be tortured and treated like that by family, no reason her soul is unsettled. 😕
dnsh (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Sheetal: Thank you.
Shushantkar: Thank you so much. Will write and post my other experiences soon.:)
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Well it's common in india in such a scenario the person is taken to priest he it means an exorcist who will remove the spirit from the possessed or who encountered an ghostly incident and having fever because of it.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Hello dnsh! Man that is quite a fearsome experience you have shared 😨. Straight away it goes to my fav. List. Your brilliant narration had mad your granny's experience so alive.
Waiting ahead for your mouthwatering future posts.

Regards
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Hello, Dnsh... Welcome to YGS... And thanks to presenting such a scary story to us. Like Lady glow I also find it difficult to understand that you was suffered from fever at night and you were taken to priest instead of doctor. But anyway I can understand that in rural area people still prefers priest over doctor. Your story was amazing and scary and you narrated it very well.

Lady Glow: Dowry system is now about to end... Because now the girl do not want to marry in family who demands dowry. Yes it would have been great if the girl suffer from such a tragedy would get justice in this form.
dnsh (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
razorback95 Thank you for reading it.
Lady-glow Thank you. And yes it is quite a normal practice to call up a priest in the Rural India. Though the urban India is more or less like the west only. Also, it is believed here that religion is a science in itself and it can cure anything provided the user has immense knowledge of such science. Adding to it, since we face many such encounters here, people prima facie decide whether to call a priest or a doctor and most of the times their judgment is fruitful. And like I said, the domestic violence that this woman had to go through dates back around 40-50 years, and such practices have not curbed totally but they have reduced to a great remarkable extent. Thank you for your comments though.:)
Shelbylorre No she dint stop. As told by my dadi (grandmother), she used to possess people way too frequently. Though that's a different thing that she dint harm anyone, but still this had to be stopped. So one day, a priest was called and he captured this spirit in a coconut (coconut is considered sacred here) and he buried the same at a sacred place as well, so that the spirit doesn't escape the sacred, so as to say, prison of coconut. Thank your for reading.:)
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
If any ghost deserves pity, it is definately this woman. Someone really needs to tell her her job is done and she can move on though.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Dnsh: interesting story.
Is it a normal practice in India to take a sick person to a priest instead of a doctor? -I'm asking because in many of the stories from India the people involved always get feverish after a suspected encounter with a ghost and they never seem to be attended by a doctor... And the outcome is always good.
Please do not take me wrong, it is just that I find this fact fascinating and puzzling, compared to what we do in the west, almost always taking pills to solve our health problems. 😐

I cannot say that I'm glad if the woman's ghost was the reason for the deaths of those seven men, but it would be great if justice could be done for all the women that have to suffer that kind of domestic violence and abuse in your country.

Thanks for sharing.
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
Very cool creepy story! I think the back story had to be the creepiest part and its crazy to think humans are capable of commiting such violent crimes against each other. Thank you for Sharing!

Razor 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: