You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Conversation in Jennisons Cemetary

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Conversation in Jennisons Cemetary

 

When I was about eight years old, my family went in search of the "lost graves" of our ancestors. We all have lost graves. They are the ones that have been documented as being in one town and they are actually in the one across the bay. This usually happens to those that have gone long before us when there was no real documentations of marriages, births or deaths. Not everyone chooses to spend a two week family vacation looking for them as my parents did, but my father has been into his genealogy for as long as I can remember. I wonder if finding out that one of his relatives was a real live pirate had anything to do with that. I guess we can't all wear the white hat!

Our four unit family went to Eagle Harbour, Michigan, USA to stay at the Jennisons hotel right on the lake. I do not recall the name of the hotel, but the Jennisons had been there for my parents honeymoon and were still there for our vacation. There was a delightfully scary cemetery down the road and the hotel loaned out bikes to their guests and as my father was not going to check out the cemetery until the next day, I thought I would get a head start. Wouldn't it be marvelous if I could help him in this search?

The fence was laying on its side like an old tired out sentry and the gate was hanging on a hinge that promised to let loose the moment that someone touched it. All I knew was that the cemetery opened almost as soon as the town was formed so I was looking at over 200 years of history written in stone. The only warning I had was flitting around in my head, and all it said was to watch out for the sunken graves and to give them wide berth. That may have just been remnants of the coaching of my father, but it FELT different.

I heard a males voice, so to be quite honest, I walked towards the sound. I was hoping to find a caretaker or at the very least someone who could give me a bit of information about the cemetery. I was a newcomer to the wonderful world of cemetery gazing and I thought I might need some tips that did not come from my father. I mean, how much could he possibly know that someone else didn't?

In the back of the cemetery was a chicken wire type fence that protected twenty to thirty plain white wooden crosses. There was no gate, you just sort of unhooked the end of the fence from the beginning of it and pulled it out far enough to walk in and then refastened it. The first thing that struck me was the silence in the fenced-in areas. Aside from the male voice carrying on a conversation with a voice I couldn't hear answer, there was no other noise. No rodents through the dried leaves, no birds in the trees, no crickets calling to another... Nothing.

Standing inside the chicken wire fence I turned slowly, a bit confused. Okay, I was really confused. There was no writing on any of the crosses. No names, dates, soothing words to loved ones left behind. Marked graves for unknown persons? I noticed the man who owned the voice then. He was sitting beside a fresh grave holding onto what looked like daisies and just talking about everyday things. I assumed he had very recently lost a loved one so I left him be with his private emotions and went back to the crosses.

Upon exiting that "gate" I noticed a sign that I had not seen before. It said quite simply "Colored". I grew up knowing about racial differences and was even locked in a basement during the Detroit Riots, but I was caught completely off guard. Good Lord, have we not come far enough that my neighbor of color and my neighbor of peach could not find a resting place beside each other?

Angry, I went to talk to the man at the grave. He told me that we may be equal in God's eyes, but man is still having problems filling in the other colors. We spoke for a while and then I took my leave. I got about half way back through when I realised that I should have asked his name, being young, I went back to ask.

I found no new grave. I found just a few rotted boards sticking out of the ground where the crosses had once been. The graves were overgrown with vines, brush and blueberry plants. Under all the dead leaves, I located some rusty chicken wire. I ran like the guardians of Hell themselves were after me. I tripped over a marker, bounced off another, fell on a couple more and jumped the outer fence onto the bike and headed back to the hotel with flames belching out the back tire of that poor Schwinn.

After excitedly telling my father what happened, he took me back there. This is not to say he believed me. He did not. He was set on proving to me that my imagination would only lead me to trouble. He explained that there could be no new graves as this was an inactive cemetery and there are no rows of crosses as he researched it all the night before. All was as he stated. Walking all through the cemetery there were no signs of anyone having been there for quite a few years.

All except for the skid marks of little feet. And piles of leaves where the skid marks ended. And my father's great-great-great-aunt's grave, and that of her baby who were supposed to be buried in Eagle River that I had uncovered when I tripped over the one and bounced into the other.

I still can not explain what may have actually happened that day in that sun drenched cemetery. I researched for years and all I came up with for the crosses was a documented and well cared for site of a Tom Brown. His wooden marker says simply: Tom Brown/colored/died 05. The date may be wrong as there are several accounts of this sailor who actually passed on a voyage to Michigan and his body was laid to rest here. I don't think I fell asleep, I was not unaccounted for long.

What happened? Does ANYBODY else have a similar experience that could shed some light on this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, whitebuffalo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
Hahaha, I love it. I come here to read stories, and then the comments as a form of research. (crossreference the comments and see what shows up most often) But, instead of finding comments relevant to the story, I often find personal arguments. Please keep your personal problems OFF of this website.

As for you story buffalo, very interesting. I don't really know what else to say about it.

It seems as though things are drawn to you and/or your family. I guess it is up to you to decide whether or not this is good.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
No problem, Hobby. 😉
I know, I am VERY late in posting that. I HAD to leave for a bit. Got tired of the...
You know.
Thank you for lending your voice.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Please can this just STOP already.

I'm tired of coming on here and reading really snippy and ridiculous comments. I don't want to get involved (God knows if I'll be attacked for some reason).

We've already "lost" one member of this community, and I'd hate to see other trusted and decent posters leave.

This is a site where one can share their "paranormal experiences" or what they think may have been paranormal. Sometimes you get stories that are clearly made up/looking for attention. Most people on here ignore them or call the poster out and its pretty much over.

And hey! Sometimes you get what sounds to be legit stories. People with legit "problems" or "questions" looking for a "safe" "non-judgmental environment". I think most of us can agree, that most members on here, try to honestly help.

It is one thing to question a posters story. I think that is good. Get all the logical facts, etc. But another to continue on and on. Also, if you're going to come on here and leave comments implying someone is "lying" or "making stuff up" all the time, then maybe you should just leave. The very "nature" of this site is "ghost experiences", "haunted places", "study of paranormal" etc. No need to make a poster feel like a liar or crazy.

I've "interacted" with what seems to be some kind people. AND yes, I've even had people question my stories. Hell, maybe some don't believe mine. This is the internet. This is a public forum. Please be respectful. That is all I want to add. I'm sorry for the rant. I just really hate to see what use to be a good site, turn into a giant argument.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Only last thing Osa just so that we are clear. Those ties you just snipped? Reality.
Good luck
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
Osa you clearly do not have ESP. One of your assumptions was correct but only one.
Let me return the favor. What we have at this site (Mostly) are a bunch of people who so desperately want to believe they are not ordinary and average that they bolster each others stories and lick them like the wounds of a dog. It's really not that much different then mass religion. You believe, the more other people believe in your stories the more real those stories actually are. Well good for you.
I stupidly came here looking, hoping I would find at least one person that could help me in some way that I could not help myself. Instead I found a bunch of wet nurses holding up each others dreams of being something other then ordinary to a point they would viciously attack any question of it. Out of all the people here Osa you impressed me with some of the things you told people. Unfortunately however I can clearly see it was a fluke. Go back to your dreams then, hide from the real world as if you are a mouse hiding from a cat. Perhaps this is what is best for you in the end.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
One last thing before the final cut. I think you are extremely bright. Don't worry, you'll figure it out.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
WolfReal, You want all of us to say "Go away". That way you can reconcile in your mind and to your departed friends,...that you tried. Equate it however you like.
To all other posters out there: There is a vulnerability about Wolf. He waffles, he hedges, I'm sure he imbibes (what I do not know). His answers range from concise to incoherent, but something about him keeps drawing us in. Perhaps we feel sad for him?

Let me read you WolfReal. I see a middle-aged guy, possibly even physically handicapped or unemployed. No pets, no close relatives. Wants to believe it's okay to be by yourself, yet yearns for human interaction. (How am I doing so far?) Life has not been kind but not cruel either. Likes the great outdoors, but doesn't venture there often. The paranormal has slapped you upside the head on a few occasions- enough to get your interest. Those Lucid Dreaming days of yours are gone. You can't control everything! You really fear what you already inside know. The reality you don't want to face is real.
Wolf, the real crux of the matter is everyday you have to look in the mirror at yourself. The truth is looking back at you. Deny through the EGO all you want. The messages from your departed friends is unrelenting. Value your friends & take heed. Whatever is so important, will be heard eventually.
Sorry to do this Wolf, but I cut ties with you (Snip, Snip). Can you hear that? That's me severing ties. I wish you well on your journey. I hope you find not YOUR Truth, or MY Truth, but THE TRUTH.
Osa
PS: Your moniker is not accurate. Wolves run in packs. You should have been LoneWolf.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
TheDemiurge - your comment about history is both scary and correct. None of us will ever really know exactly what happened 100 years ago. What is written is believe so long as there are multiple written accounts, right or wrong. In this idea I am almost brought to tears because I see the EXACT thing happening today as people desperately try to change the truth. The only thing that we have is the truth. Without it nothing else matters. I do not even know how to put it into words to burn its importance. Truth is THE importance and we find and have so little of it in this world. What are we?
All of you say I have come to the wrong place. I look around and try to determine this place and it meaning. I see no ads. Therefore it is not a lure to get people to come to so they can see the adds and the companies will pay for hits. What is this place then where the majority of people only have STORIES to tell not events. I came here looking for direction, for a path that could lead me on.
You ask me if I am scared to die? Heh how funny that question and you will never know how funny because you will never be me. I have already been dead and I know what waits. This life is the illusion and yet its not. This life is... Necessary for a soul to evolve. Be that as it may once you are gone you are GONE. You do not come back.
I have wasted your time more then you have wasted mine. I foolishly asked for it out of a very real need for answers. I will continue on, lost and hope that I am seriously delusional because if I am not. I may be part of a very real key that will undo all of existence. Heh, a human with such grand illusions. I clearly am making it up or lying for attention.
Well then, at least I have my glass of wine.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
To Rhodes: I do share your opinion on the concept that we are all here to figure out some of our mysteries and experiences and let me just say despite the futile discussions with wolfie, I have enjoyed coming here and being in the presence of true believers and and free thinkers on this board. I personally believe that none of us can say for sure what is truth and what is not. And while I do believe that all of us are at point A, and a debate of from both sides of the argument until there is no more argument is the only way to find the truth or point B if you will. I am terribly sorry wasting this pages time with this but I feel wolf is a child nagging you while your are trying to speak on the telephone trying to give directions to a dear friend. I feel if we address him finally and give him something to distract him rather than ignore him, then the problem will be solved and we can continue not be lost.
But don't leave us Rhodes. I would hate to think I came so late in the game here only to lose some of the best people who are on here because they really care.

Wolfie, I would like to point out on your first comment about your analogy with the the cassette tape. Let me give you another analogy. These experiences are like history. Everyone has their version. I cannot go back in time and tell you I personally saw and witnessed most of what history books have said to be truth. BUT NEITHER CAN YOU! Hence forth you weren't there with white buffalo, me or anyone else. And yes your right, we can't prove we are telling the truth, But then you can't prove we are wrong, and until you can, instead of trying to stand in front of us to stop us from our direction try walking with us. Learn and listen without prejudice. We are all beginners here including you. Stop trying to act like you know the way when you displayed no knowledge yourself. Saying we are wrong does not mean you right.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Surya,

Because in some ways we learn even from this.

WB,

Missed you, though after playing catch up I can see what's been going on. You've had your hands full huh love?

I seem to have lost the 'Title' to the story we had with all our validations that happened along our 'search for the Truth'. Did we find it? I do not know? Were some ideas exchanged and 'REAL EXPERIENCES' shared, I like to think so. Could we please refer our 'Friend' WolfReal to that experience. He seems to want 'experiences' not 'stories' I think that may be a good place to start.

WolfReal,

Your quest for 'Truth' and 'Real Experiences' is worthy, bashing those you believe have told a 'story' is not. Making out right accusations against people, even after they explained the cause of something was due to improper maintenance is just down right WRONG. If you read something posted here and feel it's a 'story' then do not say anything. If you are reading comments and you see statements you have better information on or can clarify something, please post what you know. When you read what you feel is a true 'EXPERIENCE' please comment on it and jump on the train as we search for knowledge together.

WB, I could not stay out of it. I hope you and yours are well. You and your Family are in my prayers.

Respectfully,

Rook
Barbhd (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Every blog site has one! I have found the most effective way to deal with this situation is for everyone to totally ignore the heckler.
Why on earth are they on this site if all they can do is critisize? The particularly rude blogger should move on to sites that they can relate to.
TheDemiurge (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
(forgive me WB) WolfReal: I have come to realize that you seem to be obsessed with proving people disturbed rather than having a run in with a ghost. Which leads me to think that your a man with a mission, which leads me to wonder why this is of utmost importance? We have given our explanation's. Osa has even given you a scientific explanation with brainwaves. We have all given you enough proof that these things are real experiences and yet you seem to still want to IMPOSE your best amateur psychological explanation (even though not proving your own qualification in that field) which leads me to believe if this is something personal. Are you or a family member or pet ill? If so, are you afraid of dying? Is this obsession really just a masked fear of the unknown and an attempt to find peace? I have read your profile it seems you have been on here a month and have had the time and perseverance to become an esteemed poster. Since you've said that we are kids just telling ghost stories, why do you persist? What's in it for you and what do you hope to achieve out of this? It seems as though people have told you that you areb crazy and that you need help and that you are projecting a lot of this onto us because someone told you this at one time or another. You seem to be focusing on a lot of other peoples problems rather than your own. The sad thing is that I have a friend who is an atheist (not the sad part, to each its own) whom I have had these conversations with, its important to note that he is pure scientist nowhere in the middle, but he politly explains why he does not believe and moves on. The fact of the matter is he is too busy living his life working and living his to even talk to people on the internet, yet you find time at all hours of the day,weekdays, weekends, 2 am, etc. And all that time, is spent trying to get people to go in your direction. And let me be the first to admit that me writing this long comment analyzing you kind of points the finger at me as a hypocrite, I am aware of the irony.

I just can't help but wonder if someone is so stubborn in his beliefs, and so determined in his quest, why is he wasting time online trying to find anwers from people whom he claims are unqualified fakes? I think white buffalo mentioned you are beating a dead horse here. You've mentioned to surya that you are at one with yourself and at peace, but if you were sure of yourself and your opinion, again you wouldn't be here searching.

My suggestion is this. If you need scientific, physical proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Google and visit one of the top parapsychologists or go to a renowned haunted house and experience it for yourself. It seems as though you want us to do the work for you to find your answer for you. While we are more than happy to guide you at times, we have our own path to walk. We can't walk yours for you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Why do we keep adding fuel to the fire, just let it go out fiercely but slowly.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
So much for "tabula rasa" when it comes to seeking knowledge! When did we ever become so arrogant, so knowledgeable, so wise as to claim to possess the ultimate wisdom and "determine" when another person's life is true or a lie imposed on their own mind as a product of their insanity?!

How are we to search for the truth if we fail to come with humble minds and hearts but we instead enter a "dialogue" with fixed ideas on what is true and what is not?

Is searching to reach at a higher goal a path that starts from scratch or is it a short walk to the top?

It's a true shame to have to watch this "show" for days now, to have to read such arrogant and invalid comments about a woman who is not only a friend but one who's been a well respected poster and a generous heart to those in need.

If this is what discussing is, WolfReal, then I personally prefer to sit in front of a mirror and speak to myself. It'll be more entertaining.

On a side note, and sorry to use your page Whitebuffalo, I'd like to thank everyone for their comments, insights and help with my own experiences. It's been a privelege to get to know all of you and share with you my own questions about "life".

It's high time I searched my truth elsewhere...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Ah, another one that does not read through a persons comments before forming a thought on another here on site.
Not too surprising.

I AM a strange one, but not in the way you seem to think. I probably question my OWN self much more than anyone here does. In ALL of my experiences, I QUESTION my sanity, and those that actually SEE what it is that I wrote about.
HAD you done some research about me first (yes, I DID follow your comments around) you would have SEEN that I ask MANY questions in my comments. IN the story line themselves I OFTEN ask what something was. I am constantly telling people I do not have the answer they seek and am researching it to KNOW what it is that I am talking about.
I HAVE been (and my children, as well) to the doctors that many here on site, recommend for OTHER posters. I have no problems admitting that. Psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, opthamologists, family physicians and therapists. ALL of them. AND...
Clean bill of health.
I sought out a job in the Health Care community (AND in the area OF that community that, statistically speaking, seems to have MORE experiences with passed loved ones than ANY other) as I was wishing to be as close to a "scientific explanation" as possible. No offense, but what I "gave up" to BE where I am NOW... Was NOTHING, though it was ALL my material possessions.
I may not have gained much back, according to this WORLD, but I do not intend to be here forever, and for that I make no pretence at distress. Who WANTS to hang around a bunch of disagreeable, obnoxious, and imperfect beings? NOT me.
People, ON THIS SITE, have no problems sending along articles, findings, YouTube, site addresses,, documentation TO look through. Persons have had NO ISSUES with "feeding the hunger" that is my search for knowledge.
Soooo. "believe what's been happening to you..." THAT is a pretty strong statement. Believe that I would like to have the ANSWERS to what I think has happened to people around me, to my children, my clients, and OCASSIONALLY in my OWN life?! Oh, 'ell yeah.
I believe it HAPPENED as we LIVED through it. What it IS, exactly, I have NO IDEA. I have theories, thoughts, collected a bit of documentation and scientific queries, BUT I am NOT omnipotent. (Said it before) I CAN NOT know all. All I am, as I have said, is a Mother LOOKING for the truth. I never pretended to be an expert. I never said that I had extra scientific abilities (I LIKE the X-men movies, but I am NOT a mutant, nor do I KNOW anyone who is) that effect the mind.
Point in fact, IF you had even given anything half a chance on this site (save for your self appointed mission to weed out the Untrue stories here) you MAY have seen where MANY of the comment sections contain such phrases as "to my ability", "it is MY thought", "What I have found" and "in my opinion". THOSE phrases point to RESEARCH. Meaning- LOOK IT UP. <shrugging> That IS what MOST of us do on this site. That is why MOST are HERE on this site. I stated all that before, I am not about to swing that bat again.
That is, with the exception of those that ARE here only to "swap" stories.
I SERIOUSLY do not understand why it is so hard for you to understand that we are JUST asking you to tone it down a bit. That is ALL anyone has really requested of you.


And THERE is the "ability" I hinted at, that YOU refer to as a "problem". All in Perception.
If you KNOW what the message of the dreams are, and only the people and the places change... (Forgive me, that was quite a vague hinting by you, I am guessing) what is the problem? Are you able to "act on" the message?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
By "If we wanted BASHINGS, we would stay in our own REAL worlds..." I meant versus the computer world. Thought I would clear that up before it got questioned.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
WB - Its true that I think a large part of the people that come here are nothing more then people that like to tell stories. My "aggression" as it is so called is an attempt to weed out the real stories from the not real stories. Unfortunately once I make the determination that a person has not relayed a real story I find the time they wasted an annoyance and call them out on it. Call it a character flaw.
Do you wish to know how I view you? Too bad I'm going to tell you anyway. You are a strange one in that I believe you believe what's been happening to you. In fact to the point that I think these things have been happening to you. Unfortunately though I can not contemplate the extremes of the things happening to you. I believe the majority of these happenings are in your mind and nowhere else. This of course does not make them any less real however were I you I would question my sanity to a point that I do not think I could function for very long.
As it is, with my own problem I have the idea that what I am experiencing is only in dreams and can shove it off into that category of thinking. I can function in other words. But the frequency of the dreams, the fact the message is not changing but the places and people do... Its becoming difficult to function.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Stop right there, WolfReal.
I am going to give this another try as I just about posted a comment to you, SIMILAR to the one I am about to, but it got lost somehow in this computer.

Read that comment of mine again.

I guess I will break down my comment to YOU, as well, as it needs to be spoon fed.

Looking at the computers "back spaces" as I was trying to find the LAST comment that I tried to post, I see what I had feared HAD happened. The AUTHOR of THAT story NO LONGER wants THAT discussion on their story page (i.e. "When a comment is made on their page, they would LIKE it to be ABOUT their experience. IF a person should point out something, or question something stated, that is one thing. BUT, I can not think of ONE person who would WELCOME a turf war on their page.")

I would have thought that the first sentence in that comment would have pointed out that the comment was about the discussion on the story page of Flashes of Light. Out of RESPECT for the author, I was bringing the discussion to THIS page.

Now the feeding:

"What I SAID was... You stated your thoughts (arson), and you stepped away from the page.
FINE. You SAID your piece. LET IT GO.
You are beating a dead horse.
What good, honestly, is arguing going to do? SERIOUSLY.
NONE."

It sounded like, on that page, you were trying to force someone to admit that they started the chimney fire. It was OBVIOUS, with the comments following YOURS, that was NOT going to happen. So... What I was TRYING to hint at was "state your piece, and step off the page." It was NOT going anywhere and all that was happening is someone was getting angry.

"Good natured disagreements and discussions are fine. Straight up trying to start a FIGHT is NOT. For ONE, THAT seems to point to a lesser age than what is claimed."

The horse ain't getting any deader (yes, I meant to say that), and if you are NOT getting an admission after the second try... STOP. You are NOT going to get it. The only thing that really does (by your hanging around and re-questioning the same thing) is make others think you are either MUCH younger than what you profess, OR you are daft.

"You are absolutely right. I never said that someone found concrete proof of ghosts. Just last week, you and I had this discussion. (ANYONE can find it on this site and read it.) I never said that posting opinions was wrong. I never said that no one should post disagreeing comments."

No one has ANY concrete PROOF that ghosts exist. Nothing that is admissible in the court of law. Just like no one has any proof that unicorns once roamed the earth. It is SAID that a uni-horned GOAT may have been what some thought unicorns to BE, but there is STILL no proof. 'Nuff said. This IS the realm of the Unknown.
As far as I know, NO ONE is disputing THAT. They are here LOOKING for answers. NOT bashing. If we wanted BASHINGS, we would stay in our own REAL worlds and tell all of our neighbors and family members there stories and let THEM tell us we are liars. This is SUPPOSED to be a "safe place".

"WE are NOT judge and jury.
WE do NOT have the power to undeniably KNOW that someone is typing absolute truths, or THEIR OWN TRUTH... You may THINK it a complete fabrication, which is FINE. Do what the rest of us do... Type in that you are having trouble believing it."

Self explanatory, yes, but...
WE can not KNOW that a person is not in ABSOLUTE truth, but in PERSONAL truth. WE are NOT omnipotent.

You know what I think? It does not matter. I am going to tell you any way. I think you have lumped us all into the "lemming category" and believe that we are all sitting at our computers thinking how loverly (yes, I meant that) it would be if we could grow up to be authors. I KNOW this to be true, as you stated it yourself in MANY of your comments. Most of us would NOT head for the ledge and just topple right on over.
We have doctors, nurses, health care professionals, professors, janitors, lawyers, military personnel, business owners (DEEP breath) I REALLY think we are a bit more smart collectively than what you give us credit for.
Here is what I think. It may or may not be true, does not really matter, I think YOU have an ability that you are scared of. I think YOU have a talent that you are TRYING unsuccessfully to "give back" and the only way that you CAN is to belittle as many experiences as possible and "prove" to others how stupid the IDEA of the Other Side really is.
Will Bowen said in 2006, "You would not notice the faults in the other person, if they were not also in you."
Good point.

I CAN NOT, and WILL NOT complete this conversation on the Flashes of Light page as I stated "This is my last comment, here." I COULD not very well go back there. I already said that I would not.

Thank you.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
ah... Ok forget the post below this one. I thought I was responding to another story. Apologies

However now that I see what post this is. Why would you tell me to let it go? Is not the course of understanding to question? This is your story and you tell me you want to let it go and I will. However it was you that asked for my opinion.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
You say I am attacking I am simply defending my position.
How does one conclude a story here is real or not? Is it a majority rule or something? What if one should disagree with the story being real. Should they not prod the speaker on to provide further proof of the event?
Hmm ok. Ill step away from this story. But Ill say my piece. I believe this story was made up. There, now Ill go
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF THE COMMENT SEGMENT ON FLASHES OF LIGHTS...

YOU are NOT trying to understand, WolfReal.
What I SAID was... You stated your thoughts (arson), and you stepped away from the page.
FINE. You SAID your piece. LET IT GO.
You are beating a dead horse.
What good, honestly, is arguing going to do? SERIOUSLY.
NONE.
Good natured disagreements and discussions are fine. Straight up trying to start a FIGHT is NOT. For ONE, THAT seems to point to a lesser age than what is claimed.
You are absolutely right. I never said that someone found concrete proof of ghosts. Just last week, you and I had this discussion. (ANYONE can find it on this site and read it.) I never said that posting opinions was wrong. I never said that no one should post disagreeing comments.
NEVER.
WE are NOT judge and jury.
WE do NOT have the power to undeniably KNOW that someone is typing absolute truths, or THEIR OWN TRUTH (straight out of the discussion YOU and I had JUST last week). You may THINK it a complete fabrication, which is FINE. Do what the rest of us do... Type in that you are having trouble believing it. Do not misrepresent yourself, but do not keep going back to the same 'amn 'hit.
I do not cotton to people putting words in my mouth, nor misrepresenting what I say. If people are going to quote, do it correctly. And I can already see the people copy and pasting this comment. Stop the He said, She said crap. No one gives a rip what kinds of personality issues persons have. When a comment is made on their page, they would LIKE it to be ABOUT their experience. IF a person should point out something, or question something stated, that is one thing. BUT, I can not think of ONE person who would WELCOME a turf war on their page.
Great Caesar's Ghost, I will say it again.
Say your piece, and STEP OFF.
STOP ARGUING.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
On the subject of fear, yes it teaches but it also immobilizes. The key is to see past your fear and in doing so, hopefully see what is actually there.
For instance, what if your ghost is really and alien with technology to "Sit" between dimensions. The alien has been planning on capturing or abduction you. If you could see past what you believe to be a ghost out of your fear by looking closer at what is actually happening, perhaps you could figure out how to stop the alien.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
surya - By "splitting" each body as you say, would you not gain better understanding of the whole?
To look at a car, know that you can get in and drive it by turning a key, putting it in gear and giving it gas is great. Would you not ever question why the car works as it does though?
Would you not want to "split" the car by taking it apart and understanding how each part works? It comes in handy should it ever break.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
"So many are wandering around here with their eyes closed, holding a mirror up to their face and trying to see what it is they look like while sleeping."

There is great truth in this statement.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
[at] Wolfreal,
Fear maybe our worst enemy, but fear is also our best friend our teacher. As for you completely here, anyone trying to split the three bodies instead of reuniting them is seriously nowhere.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
"WB you have an odd way of "typing". I do not get it. You seem to speak of answers but then deflect leaving with no answer. When done, you have said very little. To what purpose?"

To what purpose...
I HAVE no "purpose". No ulterior motives. No hidden messages. No "clues" as to what I REALLY am trying to say.
Here is the thing.
It is MY way to ALLOW people to make up their own mind. (I have been asked several times about this, not in quite the same WORDS, but still...) I am NOT a philosopher. I am "JUST" a mother looking for answers. If my comment seems "incomplete"... If you have found that I GIVE no answer... <shrug>
I do not have all the answers. I have stated that. I am not perfect, I have no "miracles up the sleeve", I am JUST a human looking for satisfying answers.
It is not my PURPOSE to GIVE answers where I have none.
I give examples out of my life, give thoughts out of my experiences and let it go. If what I state makes you think of things from YOUR PERSPECTIVE, well, THAT is all I am trying to do.
To MAKE people think.
So many are wandering around here with their eyes closed, holding a mirror up to their face and trying to see what it is they look like while sleeping.
I am only trying to make people SEE what they CAN if they OPEN their eyes. Or THINK from a different view.

I WISH that I was as good at spotting the Truth as you claim to be. My Daddy used to say ALL the time "You can protect yourself from a thief, you can NOT protect yourself from a liar." I have come to see the truth in THAT statement, all too well.
I, too, strive to learn the absolute truth. I, too, hold that very dear, and tend to wander away from those that are obviously NOT very truthful. But I ALSO give the benefit of the doubt.
We are all human, we all make mistakes. And we should all be able to make amends for those.
I am just a Mama. Not trying to BE anything else...
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
surya - I am very present in this world. I know what I know. Some people will not accept certain things out of fear. My mind is calm, clear and collected. Unification is unneeded in this regard.

Good luck
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I have been around long enough to know the difference between truth and that which is not. It has taken a while but I now am able to look at the harsh truth. Trust me, truth is harsh. I sat one day and asked myself what was the most important thing to base my life on. My answer was truth because without it, every question or every answer comes into question and loses its meaning without it. You can not make no good decisions without truth.
If you see things or if your mind is telling you that you see things, your reality your truth is this. How will you ever know its not? We could say the majority rules and that if 51% of people say what you see is real and 49% not does that then become truth? To often more then not people only believe what they see with their eyes. How odd that.
WB you have an odd way of "typing". I do not get it. You seem to speak of answers but then deflect leaving with no answer. When done, you have said very little. To what purpose?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
You know, I HAVE heard others talk about this "which one is the ghost" theory, and MOST of the people I have personally spoke to about this are in agreement in saying "...Just beyond the VEIL" and looking at ME as if I have lost my ability to reason.
To ME, the only way to describe the "mist figures" or the "transparent ones" is in Guard Lines.
WE stand on "the line" guarding "our side". Directly across from us is our "Mirror". THAT person is our "enemy" (I ALWAYS had a problem with that. I CHOOSE to think that the word "enemy" is a word fabricated to CREATE a hatred for a group of peoples. WHO gets to determine who is an enemy, and who is JUST to be avoided?) and someone I CAN NOT APPROACH, can NOT attempt to communicate, someone I have to PRETEND not to see, but MUST report EVERYTHING they do, AND must KNOW all that they do.
BUT... I must have NO contact with.
Same with the transparency on the other side of the veil. All that is ON the other side of the veil, to MY living experience, IS The Other Side.
Of course, THAT is where the altered sense of reality slips in, too. It is ALSO where VISIONS come from, where the chanting ones join our groups and where the angels sing.
To EVERYTHING there is an exact opposite. THAT is why balance is so important. You do not want to tip the scales one way or the other, as all that will do is set your existence into a non-correctable tailspin.
I do not have all the answers. I do not pretend to. I DO, however, come here and read through my OWN experiences and Others as a FORM of research. I LOOK for those with similar tales to tell, with experiences that look as if they have been "chipped off" of my own, that have the same colors mixed into the rainbow of the facts.
In the SIMILARITIES, I often times see the differences more clearly. In the DIFFERENCES, I some times see the truth.
Here is our bane. WHO are WE to tell someone else that THEIR REALITY... Their TRUTH is NOT the REAL truth? I am NOT a psychiatrist, psychologist, therapist, or any other trained professional dealing with the mind. Neither am I a Medium, Psychic or "Para" Normalist.
I AM however, a Mother seeking THE truth. The HARDEST part ABOUT seeking the truth, is keeping what I THINK the truth to be, in the BACK of my mind, as I am learning what I CAN.
Having an open mind does NOT necessarily MEAN that you believe EVERYTHING.
Having an open mind DOES NOT make you a "push over".
What it DOES, is ALLOW you to BE inquisitive. It ALLOWS you to question, to comment, to THINK through things.
Maybe that is why I have such a hard time HERE and am misunderstood as being argumentative at times. I question, and think, and THEN come back and comment. I think it is rather rude, and very inconsiderate to give someone my THOUGHTS, when they have not been WELL THOUGHT OUT, or misinformed. That happens. I AM human. I make no pretense at being perfect.
The point is, all theories are welcome here. All well thought out ideas are allowed. All SERIOUS exchange of information is accepted. But the harsh, "bang-bang-bang" answers are not... <sigh> What GOOD do they do?
So, you see, you CAN have all the answers. You MAY be the smartest person on the earth, but the TRUTH is people tend to steer away from those that speak with a harsh tongue. <shrug> That is JUST human nature.
So... OUR reality. OUR truth. There IS no "right" or "wrong", only reality and non-reality. But WHO can REALLY say which is present at the time?
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Wolfreal - Why don't you try unifying the Mind, Body and Soul. After naturally realigning the Mind, Body and Soul you will see the world much differently. You will be at peace. Our three bodies must always be together for us to discover the spiritual awakening. You say you tried to seperate the Bodies, I think you will find you three bodies are already miles apart.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: