You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hulking Shadow Figure In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Hulking Shadow Figure In My Room

 

This happened to me when I was 15. I was woken up around 3 or 4

In the morning. When I looked in front of me, I saw a 7 to 8 foot tall shadow. The strange thing was it looked almost like Bigfoot. Naturally I came screaming out of my room. I told my father but he told me it was probably a dream. That's why I hesitate to tell this tale.

I question that occurrence to this day. I just want to know what I saw? Not to mention the tapping on my window at night. It freaks me out and I want to know what it was. I don't have very good story telling skills.

Please if anyone knows what I saw please message me at tommyfreehandhaspop[at) gmail[dot]com. Any messages would be appreciated. That hulking shadow still haunts me to this day.

One more thing. When I was around 8 there was this human skull with horns imprinted on my wall. I showed my brother Jason and he saw it too. When we eventually moved from the house I took a golf club and destroyed that image in the wall. So I have a witness but I still question myself sometimes.

Please publish this story I want to know I am not crazy. Sorry I don't have any other occurrences to share.

I haven't even told this tale to my closest friend. I just want answers, please?

I thank you for reading this, I just want to know I am not crazy?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tommyparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
tommy,
Like Rook said that big hulking figure that you saw could have been from something leftover from your dream. As for your brother also seeing this human skull with horns, well the power of suggestion goes a long way. When you moved you shouldn't have destroyed that image. If your father was just renting the place the landlord could have taken a large sum from the deposit to fix the wall. If he had sold the place the new owner could have sued to get the wall fixed if they discovered it after closing, or said they wanted to lower the price if they did a final walk through before closing.
Regards
Red
tommyparanormal (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
thanks for the support guys I really appreciate it

Contact me at
Tommyfreehandhaspop [at] gmail.com
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Rook: I actually read a very interesting article by my favorite science website about pareidolia and the possibility slipped my mind completely.
Tommy: I believe took brought up a very logical point but I would love to hear more details!:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Both of the visuals you describe could have a natural explination for them.

The 'big hulking shadow' that looked like bigfoot could have been how your 'brain' interprited the natural shadows in your room due to you being 'startled' awake... It may have even been and 'image' carried over from whatever dream or nightmare woke you up.

As far as the image of the human skull with horns... Any textured surface lends itself to something science calls pareidolia...

Pareidolia: a type of illusion or misperception involving a vague or obscure stimulus being perceived as something clear and distinct. We do this with 'shapes in the clouds' 'faces in wood grain' on tables or floors. Even textured walls can lend themselves to this effect.

As for the tapping on your window... More information is needed.

So remember, EVERYTHING natural and normal must be ruled out before we call something paranormal.

Respectfully,

Rook
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
You're not crazy! I have a very similar entity in my apartment. Now mine doesn't look like big foot but it is a match as far as height. Now mine projects a very negative feeling though. Just know you are not alone! Thank you for reaching out and sharing!
Gratefully,
Razor
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Tommy, don't sweat it, loads of people have this kind of thing happen to them. You don't have to fear it all these years later. 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: