You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Relative Or Trickster?

Real Ghost Stories

Relative Or Trickster?

 

My experience isn't one that is amazing or scary, but this occurred around the time my great grandmother passed away, give or take a few months after she died.

One night, I was very tired and I accidentally fell asleep with my TV on, the specific channel was Adult Swim (I like watching Family Guy at nights), but that isn't the strange part. The strange part is when I was in a weird state.

It was an early time around 6 or 8 in the morning and I wasn't fully awake, but I was on my left side and I felt someone rubbing my back, just like how my grandma did when I was upset. I didn't feel any fear or discomfort. It felt reassuring and loving and when I actually woke up I looked at my TV and found that it was on a completely different channel, a Christian channel (she was a very faithful Christian).

Now keep in mind that channel that Adult Swim was on is far away from the Christian channel and there is no way I or my dad could have changed it because I was asleep and the remote isn't sensitive to touch, you kind of had to press on it.

Now, after I woke up I told my dad, my girlfriend, and my grandmother about this, all which say that she came to visit me, but my dad's friend at the time said to be careful because it can be a negative spirit tricking me. Since then I haven't had this happen to me, just that time. I took his advice and didn't welcome it just yet. So my question is... How do I know or find out? Should I just ignore it?

Another detail: Till this day her death upsets me greatly because she and I were VERY close to one another.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wafiki, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-13)
Oh geez, it was your grandma! My dad's dad, who passed away when I was 14 suddenly started coming around in spirit when I was pregnant with my 2nd. He pops in every now and then, it's not really a big deal.

His wife (grandma also died a year to the day after grandpa) also visited briefly to direct me during a time of crisis, so again, not a big deal!

I think that buddy claiming demon watches too many horror movies or something, ha!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-07)
Wafiki, I think it was your grandmother. The tv was probably turned to the Christian channel as a confirmation it was her. Bonifaz made an excellent point about a negative entity not choosing a Christian station.

I love Family Guy, especially Stewie. He's the cartoon world's negative entity!
Whangarei_Paranormal_Society (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-07)
If you really want answers then I suggest you try this, it works for me when I contact my Grandmother and I use it on investigations with success:

1. Purchase a K2 Metre from Amazon (the ones designed for ghost hunting) and set it on a picture of your great grandmother. Be sure to set the photo and K2 a fair distance from anything that omits an electrical field.

2. Purchase the Ghost Hunter M2 app by Jedasoft from the Apple Store and disable the microphone and set the phone to flight mode once you are on the Dashboard.

3. Play music or sing songs that were meaningful to both of you and call for her to come through and talk to you via the phone app and ask her to light up the K2 Metre.

Let me know how you get on.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
i love family guy peters the best, megs a goof...

Sorry back to your story I too believe this was your gran saying goodbye as you said it has only happened once and you felt no negativity from it, maybe you could try leaving the family guy channel on and see if it happens again.
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Tweed: I nearly died laughing at the south park reference. I love south park but I think the morale of your story fit quite well.

Wafiki: trust your gut. In my opinion I believe its your great grandmother coming to comfort you. Don't add negativity when it isn't needed is one of my life quotes.
Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
I have to agree with Tweed, always trust your instincts. It very well could have been her. I have learned very quickly when it comes to the spirit relam always trust yourself.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
That should have said Addiction* to those stupid apps,...I don't know why I typed 'addition.' Never mind.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Oh jeesh, Wafiki,

I'm a little ticked off at the wet blanket who suggested a negative entity's trickery. Yeah, alright those things can happen. But really, come on, get real. You got to go by what your gut says, not your fear of the unknown (see wet blankets) but your initial gut reaction. In your experience you describe feeling comforted and, correct me if I'm wrong, you immediately associated the sensation with your Grandma, with whom were very close.
Never underestimate your own intuition.

I see your Family Guy and raise you a South Park episode which amused me greatly. In it the Devil comes to Stan and explains man's fear and abuse of free will. In an episode which dealt with addition to those stupid app games which require you to pay for a bunch of virtual nothing. South Park likened this to gambling. Of course, being South Park, the Devil saved the day from the angry Canadian Devil, of which there was no greater wrath, and I laughed so hard I forget how it ended, but it involved explosions. The point is many people fear free will, and meaning well, try to control it by projecting it unto an external force. Like a negative trickster entity.

It's a good idea, and I'll add this as a disclaimer so I don't get flamed as a radical left winged South Park fan, to do a cleansing and shielding. This won't get rid of anyone with good intentions, it will only ward off any pranksters or worse. Take a look at this member's profile for a good example of one:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Loads of people use that, I do it every month. It's a good idea to do something like this if you're sensitive to ghosts.

Hope my babbling has been at least amusing.
Thanks for sharing, put the Christian channel on for your Gran once in a while. 😉
Take care.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Hello,
I am quite sure that is was your great-grandmother wanting to say goodbye, especially since you felt no fear or discomfort.

And I don't think an evil spirit would tune the TV into a Christian channel.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: