You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Strange Occurences Seeking Answers

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Occurences Seeking Answers

 

1)

I was 8 years old, coming back from my piano lesson possibly around 8pm. I was waiting in the car whilst my dad was opening the garage door. I saw what appeared to be the shadow of a long man on the side of the garage, only a couple of doors down. The shadow seemed to be walking but was not touching the ground. For some reason, I felt in a 'trance' for the moment until I saw the shadow float upwards and disappear immediately. I soon came to realize that the happening was strange and looked at the opposite side of the road (the side I was on) and upwards toward the roofs to see if there was anyone. But there was no one. I grew terrified and did not tell anyone about it for a long time. Needless to say, no one believed me but I heard a rumour that said that a 'sect' used to hold their meetings nearby.

2)

Several times throughout my childhood, whilst I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, I could hear footsteps walking from the kitchen to my parents' bedroom. This would always be around 10-11pm. I asked my parents several times if they were moving around, but they always answered that they were in different parts of the house at the time. I was always terrified when this happened. At other times, I would wake up in the early hours of the morning, almost paralyzed in bed, facing up. I could not move my head or neck and all the other parts of the body seemed dead. I couldn't call my parents for help.

3)

I was on a trip to Italy with a group of friends and we were staying at a convent. I was 15. We were walking around the gardens around 11pm and stopped on a track. I heard someone whisper my name (it sounded quite amplified) and my friends reassured me that they heard it too. They said that it could have been someone from the apartments in the vicinity. I kept wondering who it could be and at one point, while my friends where chit-chatting and taking photographs, I was looking at the direction toward the convent chapel, precisely at a tall plant on the right side of the chapel entrance. There I saw a luminous yellowy, candle-coloured figure of a bald man with black round glasses and a black robe. This man was not standing on the ground. Again, here I was absorbed by this figure and stunned until the figure disappeared and quickly realized what I had seen. I was so scared that night, thinking the figure would follow me to my room.

Can anyone explain these happenings please?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, madambee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

madambee (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
wow, thanks so much for such interesting info. Greatly appreciated 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
I did a little Googling and found a pretty good article. It's a little long, but very informative.

Http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/03/the-lurking-shadow-people/
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
madambee: To delve a little deeper into Bonifaz's comment, no one really knows what or who shadow people are or where they come from. All of the explanations and theories are plausible. Depending on the circumstances of the sighting, whether or not true fear plays a role, and how/where they appear all factor into which type of shadow person you could be dealing with.

Here are some of the explanations/theories:

1. Some believe that they are spirits who don't have enough energy to fully manifest. This type isn't necessarily evil or negative, but they can be since they most likely have the same personality or demeanor in death as they did in life.

2. Some believe that they are interdimensional beings who, for whatever reason, seem to have taken a liking to not doing much other than observing us. The Hat Man and Hoody Guy fall into this category most times. They do give off a very negative vibe, and make one fearful or at the very least, highly uncomfortable. I've never experienced being approached by my Hat Man, nor have I heard or read any stories I'd actually believe that state he has done anything other than observe. The Hoody Guys are usually the ones who some say are more forward (for lack of a better word.)

3. Some believe that any of the above are demons.

I've also witnessed very small, roundish, blob type shadows. I call them "shadow puppies". LOL. They're harmless, at least in my experience.
madambee (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Oops sorry then zzsgranny, totally didn't see that the comment was directed at someone else 😁

Valkricry: The sound made when my name was called was not a usual one. It was like a very loud whisper, and a crackling kind of voice. It was weird but it is still clear to me today.

Re the shadows, they couldn't have been car lights due to the way they were positioned on the wall, and I am pretty sure it wasn't a person either.

Re the figure at the convent, I don't feel comfortable sharing the exact place (only for confidentiality purposes). But it indeed looked like a Priest.

Bonifaz: what do you mean with "lesser demons" to "entities from a parallel dimension". I am relatively new so I don't understand certain terminologies
😕

Thanks dears

Madambee ❤
jwarrdor (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
I have to agree with some of the other posters about the first story. Of course I wasn't there, but I have experienced car headlights doing some very strange things with shadows.

The second encounter sounds to me like your parents were going to and from the kitchen/bathroom/etc but you seem sure this is not the case.

The third sounds very interesting, and I cannot think of any reason for seeing the figure that you did. A Priest seems logical being in a convent. Do you happen to know, or care to tell us which convent you were visiting?
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Well at a younger age you're more attuned to see things like these but as you get older it seems to disappear. In your case however you seemed to keep these traits. Every time you see a spirit you seem to enter a state in which the entity appears to take over your body. My aunt went through something similar, there was several occasions where something would be near and she would be paralyzed. She said when it occurred it felt as if she was looking out of the eyes of somebody else.
As far as why these events occurred, all I can tell you is perhaps you're a beacon to them. That could be a good thing but also a bad thing. Here's a tip, Lakota stories always warn you to never look in the direction of something calling your name or if you feel something in a certain direction. Doing so might lead into you being paralyzed until it leaves.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
madambee: My comment was directed to Ryan14. 😊 I have no problem with the content of your submission or comments. Sorry if it came across like that!
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Hello madambee,

I would go for a residual haunting in your third story. Residual hauntings are not "real" ghosts, but imprints from the past, some kind of energy.

For the second story, I go with the other posters, it being a case of sleep paralysis.

And for your first experience... Might have been a shadow person. There are many different explanations for them, ranging from "lesser demons" to "entities from a parallel dimension".
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
madambee,
No worries, Granny was just reminding Ryder to mind his manners. Her comment wasn't directed at you or your account.
Let's take your experiences one at a time.
1) You may have seen an actual shadow. You were a small child and may not have been aware of someone passing at the time (resulting in the shadow) and by the time you looked they were gone. Of course without knowing the exact layout and other details this is just a guess.
2) This does sound a lot like sleep paralysis.
3) Unless you have a very unique name, perhaps someone else in the vicinity shared your name? The spirit you saw sounds like a priest to me. Especially being at a convent.
madambee (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Dear all,

Thanks for your very informative feedback.

[at] zzsgranny - Thanks for your message. I have read the guidelines before posting. However, could you kindly state the relevance of your quote to my stories. I do not feel I have preached, nor have I seen things from a religious perspective nor have I shared what religion has to offer or pushed it onto others.

Madambee ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Ryder14: I understand that you're new here, so I'll take it easy on you for now. But, please take time to read and follow the Comments Guidelines by clicking the link at the bottom of the page, and this in particular:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Hi Madambee,

Your second experience feeling 'dead' in bed could be explained by sleep paralysis, this is natural but sometimes scary. Many people have this experience. There could have been something in the room with you and just as likely could have been nothing at all.

Your first and third experiences seem like ghost sightings. For the one at the chapel I couldn't help imagining the fictional character "Yellow Bastard" from Sin City. But I highly doubt the apparition you saw was anything creepy like that. Possibly one of the church grounds keepers, or an old priest.
Also, note that you become scared after the event. This is probably relevant. A natural reaction to the unknown. There's nothing in your encounters that suggested a need to be terrified. It was probably just your own natural reaction to something bizarre. Possibly the one who said your name knew you were open to paranormal experiences.
Ryder14 (2 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Christ will chase the spirits away. He did a lot of that in the Bible. Pray and believe. He will protect you! God bless you all!
FazzFTW (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Wow you have had a lot of experiences but they last one with the chapel has the thought came across you that it could be a pastor or priest> the way you described it is extradionary the detailation into it sooo Priest or Pastor?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: