You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spooky Nightclub

Real Ghost Stories

Spooky Nightclub

 

When I was younger my mother ran and lived in a nightclub in Hull, East Yorkshire.

In 2003 when I was 21 years old, I went back to live with my mother and worked in this nightclub behind the bar. There were tales that this club used to be a mill where children worked and one gentleman customer told us that he could see a little girl running around and hiding behind furniture. Many of the employees were scared to stay late in the bar, etc.

The bar area was very old fashioned, it was on the second floor of the building and had a beamed roof. Just next to the bar was a pull out sofa bed. No one ever used it as a bed obviously but one night my best friend and I, not believing in spooky things decided to stay the night there.

All was fine until about 1.00 am when my friend received a booty call from her ex boyfriend and decided to go to him and left me there by myself. I was just drifting off to sleep when I felt footsteps along the floor as if someone was walking up to me, I looked up expecting to see my friend but nobody was there. Puzzled but dismissing it, I lay my head back down only for me to hear the sound of running footsteps and then an almighty crash.

I jumped up and looked over to where the sound had come from. A huge vase that was smack back in the middle of the three foot wide bar had been pushed over and had smashed on the floor. There was no way this could have fallen.

Needless to say, I grabbed my duvet and ran straight to my mum's apartment which was in a different part of the building.

My mother obviously didn't believe me but when we came down to the bar the next morning, all of the spirit bottles had been knocked off and were all smashed on the floor.

I never slept in that bar again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angelfe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angelfe (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-21)
Mimi, the footsteps were quite hard but there were a lot of steps in a small area (if that makes sense) so I would guess at a child.

Vintageglam, I haven't posted about this anywhere else but I am sure there are quite a lot of nightclubs/pubs etc that have had spooky goings on. These buildings are normally very old; I lived in one pub that was built in 1475!
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
I have a feeling that I read this story before... Hmmmm but anyways creepy story!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Something wanted you to know it was there. Just out of curiosity, did the running noise sound like a child or adult?
Angelfe (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Hi all, thank you for reading.

Lady-glow: this is the only time anything got broken to my knowledge but there were stories about people feeling like they were being watched and seeing things in the corner of their eye, my mother doesn't work there anymore, the building is now derelict and has been for about ten years.

Tweed: I can't say for definite my friend forgot to lock the door but the door locks automatically when you close it plus nothing was taken.

Nothing ever happened after that either but I did feel like I was being watched when I went in that area.
Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Hey AngelFe, it sounds like it could have been a poltergeist trying to scare you or make itself known. It sounds like it would be a cool place to visit but definitely wouldn't want to stay a night. Very cool story
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
hi, Angelfe... Nice story... My question is same as lady-glow Thanks for sharing
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Hi Angelfe,

I was also pretty peeved at your friend going to her 'ex', people do the strangest things, oh well.
Could this have been an intruder? Could your friend, in a haste to leave, have left a door unlocked?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Angelfe: I got mad at your friend leaving you to go to her ex boyfriend!

Do you know if that was the only time something got broken during the night?
Does your mother still work in that place?

It seems like a great place for doing a paranormal research.

Thanks for sharing.
bloodshoteyez (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Hi, AngelFe

Scary indeed, poltergeist activity. Thanks for the share, hope to hear more from you.

-BloodShot-

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: