You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Seeing An Orb

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing An Orb

 

Last night I saw an orb. I had just laid down for maybe a half hour before. All of a sudden I see this bright light eyes closed and I felt something sit on my bed. I literally felt the bed indenting and some kind of pressure on me. I was instantly shook, kind of scared me.

I got up. And felt like someone had just died or almost died but I don't know who it was? It happened about 2 to 4 am and I began to pray for the spirit, I knew they needed prayers. I also felt the spirit was looking right through me, I am not sure if it was a negative spirit or if I just felt scared because it's simply scary to come in contact with spirits.

Then my mother tells me today that she actually saw the orb at around the same time, as she walked down the stairs. She described it as gold on the outside with a orange and red center.

I just want to know who it is or what it means. I want to know if I can help them, how to help them? I'm also curious how to know if it's some kind of warning?

Sometime before about 2 weeks prior I dreamed that a family member died. He actually flashed through my mind at the time. I also felt like the orb was trying to hide, almost like it wasn't trying to scare me. I saw a shadow behind my door of a person standing there hiding.

It took all the strength in me to pray, asking my higher power to heal the spirit, give them what they needed, to bring back what was lost, to show them the right path.

I winded up being up all night praying. Wondering about why that happened? I also felt scared. I just simply couldn't sleep after that! One bit! It made me on alert. Wasn't sure if it was a negative spirit? It scared me slightly!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bbbbb5678, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
I noticed that you mentioned the orb was kind of orangey/red... Have a look here it tells you about different colours of orbs...

Http://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Ghost_Orbs_Different_Colors
Tweed (35 stories) (2491 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
haha! Ok you both made me laugh much more than I'll admit.

For clarity that Crow is my husband, and yeah those orbs were pretty gnarly.

Bbbbb, I just realised this story is backdated about a week and hope to hear back from you with any updates. Hope all is ok with that family member.

Take care.
Carecrow (5 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Bbbbb5678-- must be tough writing about it. I have some questions for you.
I've seen a group of orbs like this bobbing around outside the bedroom window-- it was great! No one sitting on the bed. And all shadow figures off duty. Your orb was hiding... Question is from who? Maybe not you but whoever was dawdling behind doors and weighing down the bed. Sounds like emo's coming back. You sure this wasn't familiar? The dawdler probably gave you a heads up dream first. That's why the family member flashed by-- it happened before!...talk to the family member!

Top of the morning to you Tweed.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Hi bbbbb
I'm abit confused about a sentence in your story. The part that says "I see this bright light eyes closed". Do you mean your eyes were closed when you saw the orb?

I'm curious, as I used to experience orbs frequently.

Hey Tweed.
Tweed (35 stories) (2491 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Hi Bbbbb,

How big was the orb? I ask because we've been seeing some orbs around our place in recent times. But we feel ours are not human. So I'm intrigued by the indent on the bed and the presence of a human form around an orb sighting. Any other details you can remember would be greatly appreciated.
I wouldn't be too scared of it being negative. At least not with what you have described. But I would take note of your dreams, try to talk to the family member you thought of during your encounter. If this happens again, and it doesn't go after you have made it clear you don't want it there, then you may have something negative. But so far it sounds harmless.
Dreamer raises a good point about stress too. Stress can produce all kinds of weird feelings and thoughts. It can be hard to tell stress from a paranormal encounter at times. To give yourself some clarity you could start a journal of your experiences, including any dreams you find relevant.

Have you ever been contacted by ghosts before this?

Take care, thanks for sharing.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
have you been going through some tough times of late and feeling rather stressed or emotional for some reason?
Reason I say that is sometimes our minds can play tricks on us at those times.
If this is not the case then you may find yourself a reliable medium/spiritualist to come to your home and discern what if anything is going on and take it from there.
you could also approach your preist if you are that way inclined and get a blessing of yourself and your house.
I think that it is important that you try and stay as rational and grounded the best you can in these circumstances and try trusting your instincts, gut feeling more. Find something or someone that you are comfortable with.
There are many people on this site that have loads more experience and knowledge in these matters than I and I am sure they would only be too pleased to help you in some way.

good luck

😊 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: