You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Hug You Wouldn't Want

Real Ghost Stories

A Hug You Wouldn't Want

 

I was still a Medicine Resident-in-training when I received a hug that I would not want to experience again.

It was a morning before a duty day. Our call time was at 7 am, but I always arrive before 6 am so that I can still sleep for an hour in our resident's quarters. I was alone at that time. I always set my alarm at 6:40 am and use the snooze button every 5 minutes so I can slowly wake myself up prior to reporting at our office downstairs. Those last 20 minutes before 7 am was a period where I consider myself still half asleep and half awake. Because I sometimes have dreams during my 1-hour sleep, I sometimes have difficulties in determining whether stuff happening around me are still part of the dream or not.

That time, I had a vivid dream of a girl hugging me. I was sure the dream was not sexual in nature, it was just a girl hugging me. I can't remember what she looked like, or what was she wearing. Then, my alarm sounded at 6:40 am. I pushed the snooze alarm for another 5 minutes, and closed my eyes for I was still drowsy. After I closed my eyes, I slowly felt something actually hugging me. I thought that this was still a continuation of the dream and I kept my eyes closed. The second alarm sounded, and I turned it off still keeping my eyes closed. I felt the hug getting stronger. Also, I felt that someone sat at the foot of my bed.

All of a sudden, I vividly heard very faint, low-pitched female moan. It sounded more like a voice of an old lady. I was so terrified. A half-unconscious state quickly shifted to a very much awake and startled state. I jumped out of my bed and quickly ran down to our office.

I am really sure that the hug and the voice were real. I told the story to my other colleagues. They said they have not experienced any similar event like this during their stay in our quarters.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pochiemd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-14)
It's 7am right now and I'm reading your story. I've been working for 12 hours straight but this story has got me spooked I don't think I'll be sleeping for another few hours.
rithika (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Hi pochiemd,
I just want to ask, did you feel down that day? Did you feel very run down or just plain upset?
Maybe a spirit of an old woman would have thought had you could use a hug. I'm just grasping at air here, but I just wanted to clarify.
With love,
Rithika ❤ 😆 🤔
Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
It's a very interesting story, have you experienced anything else since this happened? Maybe a resident was astral projecting and felt you could use a hug and did so. I'm not really sure honestly there are a lot of possibilities that could have taken place.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-15)
Hey... Pochiemd I liked your story... As you've mentioned nobody else experience the same... So I want to ask have you ever got that feeling again?

Thanks for sharing
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-14)
Pochiemd,

Was there anything in your life at that time that could have warranted someone giving you a hug? Like a moral support type of thing? Did you ever feel anything around you before this happened?
I'm pretty sure there are other stories here from the Philippines which involve people staying at resident training accommodation. You can search stories by location. You might find this useful.

Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: